forum

Poll 37: What peripherals have you tried using to play?

posted
Total Posts

What peripherals have you tried using to play?

Pen Tablets
46.65%
Touch Tablets
15.68%
Console Controllers
14.72%
Aftermarket/Custom Controllers
4.21%
Official Rhythm Game Controllers (Wii Tatacon, KOC)
5.16%
Handheld Consoles
3.44%
Midi Controllers
2.68%
Other (Let us know!)
7.46%
Total votes: 523
Polling ended
show more
bwross
I've tried a number of silly things... trackball and trackpad of course. I managed to pass a couple of short standard maps with keyboard only (ie using the arrow keys to control the cursor).
abraker
Tried touchscreen and trackpad and I should try out a Wiimote now that I think of it.
Purplegaze
Mouse
Eidea
Used to be a mouse-only player, but have since switched to combination of the standard keyboard and mouse.
iridi
I play exclusively with a touchscreen (an HP Envy x360 laptop).

I used to use a tablet + keyboard but it's not as fun.
Espionage724
- HP 2-in-1 tablet/laptop
- Huion H420 graphics tablet
- Synaptics touchpad in absolute-mode
- PSP connected as a controller to a PC
- Nexus 10 over Splashtop (worked really well actually)
- Taiko no Tatsujin Wii drum
- Wiimote (with cursor tracking; didn't work to well iirc)
- Random touchscreen AIO computers inside Staples and Best Buy stores
- DIY touchpad involving a webcam and a laser (I don't recall this working well at all)
- Scanner
- Remote control over KDE Connect (horrible)

I would like to try out my dance pad one of these days; I imagine it would work decently with osu!mania if I map it DDR/ITG-style.

My main set-ups include just a KB and the H420 tablet, and my HP 2-in-1 when I want to do touchscreen. I kind of want to do something like an osu!arcade if osu!stream for Windows releases.
jellyfrill
I've owned a tablet for a while doing digital art, discovered OSU then used it for standard.
I don't recommend any variation of an intuos5 since they're made sensitive for art/graphics/photo manipulation.
Tried a windows 8 tablet, OSU only opens as a white screen.
Tried the touch screen on my computer, works and its fun but I have to hold my arm up/screen is bad for jumps.
Trackpad is too slow.
Lyllannah
I first played standard with my touch screen but I broke it and now it's just a normal screen. After that I played with a mouse and now I play with my Intuos comic. But I generally play with my keyboard since I'm a mania player. :3
KWYJIBO
i only really use keyboard and mouse, i tried using only mouse for a while then realized what a bad idea it was when i tried taking on streams
micajoeh
I played CTB with a balance board. That was one hell of an experience. Im also working on a mania arcade-style cabinet for a scholarship, so We'll see how that goes.
Jude
i just go with mouse + keyboard. i tried a pen tablet but i don't know, it hurt and i couldnt even move it properly so gave that up
Charre
I use a keyboard and wireless mouse. I tried a controller once but failed miserably.
ferret irl
wiimote master race
Sebaex
Things tried:

• Play different modes with an app on my LG G2 (it worked)
    Play O!M with an USB controller, IIDX pad from PS2 (the console, not the connector)
    Play Osu! on a touchscreen tablet with windows, beside of the port on android
    And more things that i don't remember :D
LastExceed
played on a touch screen for a while... currently building an arduino metal plate keyboard controller with a friend

Oh also I play 4B in standard (ring/middle/index/thumb)
ExMono
Keyboard Laptop is the best solution to upgrading ur skill :)
Topic Starter
Nyquill

micajoeh wrote:

I played CTB with a balance board. That was one hell of an experience. Im also working on a mania arcade-style cabinet for a scholarship, so We'll see how that goes.
Pics of mania arcade-style cabinet
Spagett
I just use a tablet and nono keyboard, I'm lame XD

zzqWilliam plays osu with a bunch of random equipment, though. Here's a playlist of all the stuff he's ever played with! -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL-0CP ... k6QTw0hs5w
The Gambler
I wonder if it's actually a good idea to to do an arcade-style osu!std controller, basically integrating the pointing surface and the buttons as one controller. It would be an arcade version of the usual osu!std setup.

- Buttons would be similar to beatmania, SDVX, or even regular fight stick buttons; I even have experience playing with them.

- The tablet would also be hidden underneath the surface of the controller.

- Overall design would be similar to a regular console fight stick.
PedroXI
Eu uso o mouse e o teclado