forum

The Cure - Friday I'm in Love

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
narakucrimson
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on lunes, 10 de octubre de 2011 at 02:19:25 p.m.

Artist: The Cure
Title: Friday I'm in Love
Tags: Gonzvlo
BPM: 136
Filesize: 21832kb
Play Time: 03:02
Difficulties Available:
  1. Gonz (1,7 stars, 154 notes)
  2. Hard (4,48 stars, 295 notes)
  3. Insane (4,96 stars, 411 notes)
  4. Normal (3,39 stars, 216 notes)
Download: The Cure - Friday I'm in Love
Download: The Cure - Friday I'm in Love (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Yes this has a Normal.

WARNING: The video gets kind of flashy after the second chorus, so download it only if you can handle it.

Also, if you downloaded this before 10/7/2011, please re-download - I added a better quality video AND mp3~

Special thanks to Gonzvlo for his cool Easy difficulty! You're the best, man~
Lanttu
The first star is mine! *throws*
Topic Starter
narakucrimson
Hahaha the first star is always yours :P *catches*
Topic Starter
narakucrimson
anti grave you know
Gonzvlo
Perdón por la ultra demora :3

[ Normal- ]

Download: The Cure - Friday I'm in Love (narakucrimson) [Gonz].osu
Mantis
Topic Starter
narakucrimson
Haha no hay problema Gonz! Ya te dije que no hay que apurar la creatividad :D

And thanks, Ventolin! :3
NotShinta
The fucking cure

General:
Your mp3 kind of sounds like rubbish - hardly surprising, since it appears to be from YouTube. 192kbps, you'll have to rearrange the offset but it's worth it for not sounding like shiz
I think the preview point could be better, perhaps like just before/after the first kiai section? Your choice

Hard:
00:26:089 - I feel like a hitcircle is missing here. Can you find it?
02:31:792 (1) - This is the only overlap like this in the map, and I don't particularly like it. You can fix it while keeping symmetry!
03:02:225 (1) - Add a finishing finish?

Medium:
Hiding hitcircles under slider ends for a Medium difficulty? Hmm.

Gonz
Do call this Gonz' Easy, or a variation of.
00:24:986 (1) - I think the start of this slider is a bit too quiet, in my opinion.

lolol this mod sucks it's tuesday I like this map
Topic Starter
narakucrimson

NotShinta wrote:

The fucking cure

General:
Your mp3 kind of sounds like rubbish - hardly surprising, since it appears to be from YouTube. 192kbps, you'll have to rearrange the offset but it's worth it for not sounding like shiz I'll think about this~ The not so good quality gives it some kind of retro feeling, plus your .mp3 doesn't have the voice of that guy in the beginning.
I think the preview point could be better, perhaps like just before/after the first kiai section? Your choice The kiai sections didn't sound so representative to me, that's why I didn't use it :P

Hard:
00:26:089 - I feel like a hitcircle is missing here. Can you find it? xD The pause feels nice in my opinion so I'll keep this~
02:31:792 (1) - This is the only overlap like this in the map, and I don't particularly like it. You can fix it while keeping symmetry! Ok fixed in a way
03:02:225 (1) - Add a finishing finish? Sure! It should be in Medium too, I guess

Medium:
Hiding hitcircles under slider ends for a Medium difficulty? Hmm. It's not meant to be such an easy difficulty~

Gonz
Do call this Gonz' Easy, or a variation of. It's just that he likes to keep that name for his guests, but I'll ask him.
00:24:986 (1) - I think the start of this slider is a bit too lololololol quiet, in my opinion.

Ok, I'll wait for his answer~

lolol this mod sucks it's tuesday I like this map Will you like it tomorrow :3? xD
Thanks! :3
Gonzvlo

NotShinta wrote:

00:24:986 (1) - I think the start of this slider is a bit too quiet, in my opinion. Agreed
Naraku, remove that timing section please :3
Topic Starter
narakucrimson
Ok~ 1 second please
p3n
[Gonz]
Superb!

[Medium]
02:43:921 (8) - move back to red tick and...
02:44:142 (X) - ...add a stacked circle on top of the following slider (1); this matches the rest of your note placement and plays much better than this awkward focus change
02:52:301 (2) - Maybe turn this into a "v" shape slider as it would follow the lyrics much better: http://puu.sh/2FeU

[Hard]

00:12:416 (8) - Maybe delete this note here. It doesn't match the same parts later on and the SINGLE small jump inside the 1/2 follow here feels really weird and out of place. Personally I would keep the note and just use the same 1,2x spacing for 00:12:857 (2) to make this mini-jump pattern fit the music! http://puu.sh/2Ffk
Some of the single jumps were a bit confusing and unfitting imo but this may just be personal preferences. And yes, the point mentioned above was the only thing, that prevented the SS in 1st try here *rage*; everything else is smooth.

Overall very polished and fun-to-play mapset. Great song choice!
It's Friday, here's your ~star!

And this little pink thingy here wants to stay, too (seems to like The Cure ;) )
Topic Starter
narakucrimson

p3n wrote:

[Gonz]
Superb!

[Medium]
02:43:921 (8) - move back to red tick and...
02:44:142 (X) - ...add a stacked circle on top of the following slider (1); this matches the rest of your note placement and plays much better than this awkward focus change Mmm I didn't like the suggestion that much, but since some people have mentioned this, I did something to improve the flow~
02:52:301 (2) - Maybe turn this into a "v" shape slider as it would follow the lyrics much better: http://puu.sh/2FeU I did use just simple curve sliders mainly on the map, so it took me a while to decide for this...

[Hard]

00:12:416 (8) - Maybe delete this note here. It doesn't match the same parts later on and the SINGLE small jump inside the 1/2 follow here feels really weird and out of place. Personally I would keep the note and just use the same 1,2x spacing for 00:12:857 (2) to make this mini-jump pattern fit the music! http://puu.sh/2Ffk
Some of the single jumps were a bit confusing and unfitting imo but this may just be personal preferences. And yes, the point mentioned above was the only thing, that prevented the SS in 1st try here *rage*; everything else is smooth.
Fine, I did something to improve the flow, but I didn't delete (8) and kept the jump~

Overall very polished and fun-to-play mapset. Great song choice!
It's Friday, here's your ~star!

And this little pink thingy here wants to stay, too (seems to like The Cure ;) )
Thanks for taking the time! :D And of course, for that kudosu star~
Ash Cat
<3
ManuxP
Tan solo al ver el titulo tengo que dar una estrella :)
Topic Starter
narakucrimson
:3
gyt
Hi! Nice song - some mini-mod.

Map is a bit bigger then 20 Mb. Maybe you can save background image in .jpg?

[Gonz]
maybe place slider from 03:00:682 to 03:01:564 - now it's not a funny empty space here

[Medium]
01:51:435 (1,2) - not in stack, please? It's the only part I miss in testplay.

[Hard]
01:50:994 (9,1) - some tough jump for me (because antiflow). Use 1.4x-1.6x spacing?
also maybe reduce HP, OD or AR by 1? - it's hard, not insane.

awesome map, star
Topic Starter
narakucrimson

gyt wrote:

Hi! Nice song - some mini-mod.

Map is a bit bigger then 20 Mb. Maybe you can save background image in .jpg? Ok!

[Medium]
01:51:435 (1,2) - not in stack, please? It's the only part I miss in testplay. Ok fine...

[Hard]
01:50:994 (9,1) - some tough jump for me (because antiflow). Use 1.4x-1.6x spacing? No, this is just fine. I can play it fairly well :P ANd I don't think it's too difficult.
also maybe reduce HP, OD or AR by 1? - it's hard, not insane. Yes, but it is the Hardest difficulty. So, even if it's not an Insane, I want to give the player some sort of a little challenge!

awesome map, star
Thanks! Will wait for Gonz :)
Gonzvlo

gyt wrote:

[Gonz]
maybe place slider from 03:00:682 to 03:01:564 - now it's not a funny empty space here
Added some circles there, I'm not too sure about them tho.
Download: The Cure - Friday I'm in Love (narakucrimson) [Gonz].osu
Topic Starter
narakucrimson
Fuuu I haven't checked this for two weeks!

Anyway, updated~
nimi
nice mapset <3 starr'd
CXu
[Gonz]
00:19:694 (1,1,1) - Nice symmetry, but I don't like how this plays out since you're not really getting all the... what're they called... down beats? idk xD those long white ones :p Not sure how you would want to make it instead though, but I think you should try to get them on those ticks.

Well nothing else really. Awesome symmetry <3

[Medium]
00:27:412 (2) - Nothing wrong, but I don't really like so many repeats on this slider.
00:43:511 (5) - ^
00:59:169 (2) - begin at 00:59:389 - with 1 less repeat
01:17:032 (3,4) - Probably intentional, but I still found it kinda weird for it to be tilted like this :P
02:12:606 (7) - Finish on sliderstart and whistle on end?
02:19:663 (7,1) - Finish on 7 and whistle on 1?
02:52:301 (2) - Again nothing wrong, but just a bit weird seeing this slider here. Felt a bit out of place looking like that xD

Generally feels like a little bit steep difficulty jump here. I like this map a lot though :)

[Hard]
02:20:104 (1) - Weird place to put Finish? Actually, if you think this sounds alright, try add finish at 02:21:206 (4) - sliderstart and 02:22:971 (7)

I really don't have much to say to this one. Generally, you could try use more repeats on sliders? Anyhow, I love this <3 Star~~
Topic Starter
narakucrimson

CXu wrote:

[Medium]
00:27:412 (2) - Nothing wrong, but I don't really like so many repeats on this slider. I'll leave it as it is, if you don't mind :3
00:43:511 (5) - ^ ^
00:59:169 (2) - begin at 00:59:389 - with 1 less repeat Mmm, I feel like that would break the flow. Again, if you don't mind, I'll keep it~
01:17:032 (3,4) - Probably intentional, but I still found it kinda weird for it to be tilted like this :P I don't know what to say, I don't see the rpoblem in this xD
02:12:606 (7) - Finish on sliderstart and whistle on end? Nah, that finish on the end gives emphasis to the moment, which is exactly what I want to do~
02:19:663 (7,1) - Finish on 7 and whistle on 1? Same as before, it's the way I want it to sound <3
02:52:301 (2) - Again nothing wrong, but just a bit weird seeing this slider here. Felt a bit out of place looking like that xD yes, in fact, I didn't want to do this that much. I guess I'll change it nack

Generally feels like a little bit steep difficulty jump here. I like this map a lot though :) ~

[Hard]
02:20:104 (1) - Weird place to put Finish? Actually, if you think this sounds alright, try add finish at 02:21:206 (4) - sliderstart and 02:22:971 (7) Same as in Medium, I love it just the way it is. Sorry for that~

I really don't have much to say to this one. Generally, you could try use more repeats on sliders? Anyhow, I love this <3 Star~~
Thanks >w<
Gonzvlo

CXu wrote:

[Gonz]
00:19:694 (1,1,1) - Nice symmetry, but I don't like how this plays out since you're not really getting all the... what're they called... down beats? idk xD those long white ones :p Not sure how you would want to make it instead though, but I think you should try to get them on those ticks.

Well nothing else really. Awesome symmetry <3

I have to disagree, I think it sounds way better if it starts on a main beat and lands on the 4th one. Thanks anyways <3
Mercurial
Perdona por la tardanza Naraku.

Adoro este tema, y fue un placer tener que modearlo (O lo que sea que yo halla hecho)

Tengo que admitir que mapeas muy bien, y Gonzvlo por algo es BAT xD.

No encontre nada en ninguna de las 3 diff, y me encantaria que pronto este beatmap este rankeado, me muero por jugarlo *-*

Toma tu estrella, mucha suerte :)
show more