forum

aivi & surrashu - Alone Together

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
forgott3n
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, November 13, 2016 at 2:32:47 AM

Artist: aivi & surrashu
Title: Alone Together
Source: Steven Universe
Tags: crystal gems acoustic
BPM: 102
Filesize: 960kb
Play Time: 00:49
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.42 stars, 61 notes)
  2. Normal (1.85 stars, 70 notes)
Download: aivi & surrashu - Alone Together
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
made with 100% fun
modding would be appreciated ♡
Skairul
Posting here because the IRC mod was a total bust ;-;

General
  1. Change diff names to Easy and Normal, because mild and calm doesn't really clearly indicate level difficulty...

Ranking Criteria wrote:

A difficulty's name must indicate its level of difficulty, with the exception of the hardest level of difficulty in a set. The mapset's hardest difficulty may use an appropriate custom difficulty name, unrelated to a username. Mapsets may also use a complete set of custom difficulty names that clearly indicate their level of difficulty to the player. Marathon maps with a single difficulty may use free naming.
  2. 00:44:949 (1) - I suggest removing kiai here, since it's not the "climax" of the song.
mild (Easy)
  1. The circle size is too small. It'll make it difficult for newer players to aim and click the objects. Use CS 2 or 3 instead.
  2. Distance Snap should be used throughout the map. I think this is an unrankable issue...
  3. From the IRC, you said that the beat starts at 00:09:655 (1) - . The song "intensifies" at that point. The beat actually starts at 00:00:244 (1) - . If there wasn't a beat, then your timing point wouldn't be located at 00:00:244 (1) - ...
  4. Like I said in the IRC, I feel that 00:00:244 (1,2,1,2) - has a weird arrangement. Parhaps, you could follow the arrangement of 00:04:949 (1,2) - and use this: https://puu.sh/sdeux/d074d518b0.png .
  5. In general, I feel that the rhythm you are following for this difficulty isn't consistent:

So this is one measure, one longer white tick and 3 shorter white ticks. The placement of the objects should usually fall within each measure and not cut across measures. This means that sliders usually either start or end on a longer white tick, rather than continue through it. Using this as an example:

This is from 00:09:655 (1) - .The beginning of the measure is at circle 1, whereas the end of the measure is at the reverse arrow. As you can see, reverse slider 5 is cutting across the longer white tick. This, in turn, makes the objects in the later part lose rhythm. I suggest removing the reverse slider 5 and replacing it with a circle or a shorter slider that doesn't cut across the longer white tick. You might need to do a bit of restructuring as a whole for this difficulty... Of course, don't take my word for it. There are certain times in a song where it's ok to cut across the longer white tick...
  6. 00:29:067 (1) - I like this part onward, the rhythm is better here
  7. 00:35:538 (1,1,1,1,1) - Not entirely sure whether having a new combo every circle is good for an Easy difficulty, but I don't know...
  8. Your map looks pretty nice aesthetically, just a few blanket errors, nothing too major...
calm (Normal)
  1. Again, CS is really small for a Normal, perhaps use CS 3.5 or 4 instead
  2. HP drain could be higher at 4 or 5?
  3. 00:00:244 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - You used the exact same rhythm as Easy? Maybe change it up a bit?
  4. Just like Easy, rhythm is also rather inconsistent until the kiai part.
  5. Highly recommended to use Distance Snap
  6. Looks alright aesthetically, just like Easy, some blanket errors and things like that...
Sorry if this mod comes off as harsh... ;-;
Tried my best to explain things (but I don't know if it's enough...)
Hopefully the mod helps. Good luck with the map!
P.S. remind me never to do an IRC mod again :p