forum

Improving accuracy and learning HD, hitsounds

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Llahmah 2
So as I am preparing to leave 6 digit hell and have begun playing 4+ stars and wanting to learn HD I have learned two things. 1: My accuracy is actually trash. 2: I haven't been playing with hitsounds. Do the hitsounds help accuracy or are they just there for preference? I realize I could just find out for myself by not being lazy and actually launching the game, but I just want to know if people think hitsounds are useful or not.
Caput Mortuum
By hitsounds do you mean the hitsounds provided by the mapper or do you play no hitsounds at all
Topic Starter
Llahmah 2
None at all.
Caput Mortuum
what
yes hitsounds do help, because you'll know if you hit something at the right time
mizuki-chan
i'd recommend playing with hitsounds all the time
Sandy Hoey
If you are not happy with your acc, playing hd probably isnt a great idea. It makes it harder to aim because you cant see a specific point you are supposed to aim for
7ambda

Sandy Hoey wrote:

It makes it harder to aim because you cant see a specific point you are supposed to aim for
All you have to do is follow the rhythm more carefully.

Like HD makes it hard to aim, pfffffftttttt.
Sandy Hoey
It makes it harder in the beginning, and if he is having troubles with accuracy to start with it is not gonig to do him any favors...
I Give Up
Turn on hit sounds.
PinkNightmares

F1r3tar wrote:

Like HD makes it hard to aim, pfffffftttttt.
Nice HD scores you have there. Especially the streamy ones.
Domo3311

Sandy Hoey wrote:

It makes it harder in the beginning, and if he is having troubles with accuracy to start with it is not gonig to do him any favors...
HD can actually help with acc. Ive started playing HD and since then ive been getting As on 5+ star songs with 150-200 UR as an alternater. Wheres LITERALLY 2 days prior to me trying to adapt to HD i would get Cs-Bs with 230+ UR on the 5 star maps. The main reason for getting bad acc is usually due to hitting those 100s and 50s and with HD it forces you to actually listen to the song instead of waiting for the approach circles to perfectly go in line with the circles. So based on experience HD might be a solution to your acc problem.
Endaris
Alternating doesn't mean you will have higher UR compared to singletappers.
AR7+HD on 3* stuff can be very valuable for accuracy though.
7ambda

B1oody wrote:

Nice HD scores you have there. Especially the streamy ones.
Thanks, I got them in multi.
Sandy Hoey

Domo3311 wrote:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

HD can actually help with acc. Ive started playing HD and since then ive been getting As on 5+ star songs with 150-200 UR as an alternater. Wheres LITERALLY 2 days prior to me trying to adapt to HD i would get Cs-Bs with 230+ UR on the 5 star maps. The main reason for getting bad acc is usually due to hitting those 100s and 50s and with HD it forces you to actually listen to the song instead of waiting for the approach circles to perfectly go in line with the circles. So based on experience HD might be a solution to your acc problem.
Ah, I guess you're right. I just assumed he meant bad acc with his mous and didn't even think about timing. If timing is your main issue, I fully recomend HD for all those reasons. It is why I play with HD. But if its your mouse accuracy, I stand by eveything I said before
Fxjlk
Maps without hitsounds trigger me
Rektango
not sure if this is correct, but i tend to play with quieter hit sounds without that really loud click noise found in every single generic skin

seems to offer both lower UR and higher accuracy
Caput Mortuum
people are saying hd makes maps easier but it completely destroyed me
Domo3311

Eraser wrote:

people are saying hd makes maps easier but it completely destroyed me
Looool for me it doesnt make the game easier, it just makes it for potential increase in playing ability. I may have said that its caused me to get better acc and UR but i got no top HD scores yet because its still hard to learn to adapt to. so don't worry, HD just takes some time to learn :))
N0thingSpecial

Domo3311 wrote:

HD it forces you to actually listen to the song instead of waiting for the approach circles to perfectly go in line with the circles. So based on experience HD might be a solution to your acc problem.
That's assuming you don't listen to the song to start with, most of the time the approach circle helps with maps that doesn't spam you with consistent 1/2 notes. Of course there's a bunch of people who will argues that HD makes things less clustered, making it easier for them to read the map and thus easier to acc.

Low AR is the thing that actually force you to listen to the song
chainpullz
Playing without hitsounds is only really useful for when you are practicing streams that you can't keep up with because it makes it easier to hear what you should actually be streaming to as opposed to a bunch of sounds at a lower effective bpm covering it up. If you have the actual stamina its better to just like turn music to 5% and effects to 100% if all you care about is performance.
Domo3311

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Domo3311 wrote:

That's assuming you don't listen to the song to start with, most of the time the approach circle helps with maps that doesn't spam you with consistent 1/2 notes. Of course there's a bunch of people who will argues that HD makes things less clustered, making it easier for them to read the map and thus easier to acc.

Low AR is the thing that actually force you to listen to the song
The thing with low AR is that its quite easy to lose track of the order of the circles so it takes more time to learn depending on how low of an AR you want to get to.
[woo]
Play with hitsounds; they help alot.
N0thingSpecial

Domo3311 wrote:

The thing with low AR is that its quite easy to lose track of the order of the circles
That's the whole point of playing low AR. It really push your mental capacity for timing and finger control (also reading but that's not the focus) since you're not reacting to circles appearing on the screen, even if you're using HD you could still technically ignore the music and react to disappearing circles.