v4_mizuki
star~ :)
Topic Starter
banvi
Thank you for star~ :)
hmm , someone mod plz
YGOkid8
General:
BPM: 120.00 (half of what it is now). Double the slider velocity afterwards, on all diffs.

Normal:
- Increase AR by 1 (a bit confusing right now)

00:03:521 (1,1) - Delete the (1) and extend the spinner to where it is. Delete the inherited timing section as well.

Insane:
- Not sure if this is rankable, for various minor reasons. You're going to have to ask a BAT about this.
Topic Starter
banvi

YGOkid8 wrote:

General:
BPM: 120.00 (half of what it is now). Double the slider velocity afterwards, on all diffs.
Hmm?? I'm not sure this really needs to be half BPM?? I can see keeping such high BPM ranked maps...

Normal:
- Increase AR by 1 (a bit confusing right now) sure

00:03:521 (1,1) - Delete the (1) and extend the spinner to where it is. Delete the inherited timing section as well. ok~

Insane:
- Not sure if this is rankable, for various minor reasons. You're going to have to ask a BAT about this.
... I have seen more difficult ranked maps. (val0108's , AngelHoney's maps etc...)
And I asked senior players to testplay. They can pass. So I hope this is rankable... orz
(But I'm really worry about wood's taiko diff...)

Hmm , I can't catch BATs now , however...
Anyway thank you very much :)
YGOkid8

banvi wrote:

YGOkid8 wrote:

General:
Hmm?? I'm not sure this really needs to be half BPM?? I can see keeping such high BPM ranked maps...
my issue is not with the fact the BPM is too high, it is the fact that the BPM is 120, not 240. put it in perspective: is this song faster than an average DragonForce song, which is 200BPM?

banvi wrote:

YGOkid8 wrote:

Insane:
... I have seen more difficult ranked maps. (val0108's , AngelHoney's maps etc...)
And I asked senior players to testplay. They can pass. So I hope this is rankable... orz
(But I'm really worry about wood's taiko diff...)

Hmm , I can't catch BATs now , however...
it's not a problem with the difficulty, but with some patterns in it. again you'll have to ask a BAT because i am unclear on this matter.
Topic Starter
banvi
OK. Changed BPM120 all osu! diffs. Thank you :)
Garven
banvi! o/

[General]
Honestly, I'd rather see this at the original 240 BPM. The TnT iterations of the song kept it at that BPM, and it's reflected in the scrolling speed (lol at the end of it >o< ) and the general pace of the song. Usually a ska song like this would be counted off in the much faster manner for performances.

The soft-hitclap feels like it has a slight delay at the beginning and you can hear it really well on the sliders at the beginning of Easy. Try this one and see if it fits better for you.
http://puu.sh/3m4w

normal-hitwhistle would be awesome to use in this song to compliment the trumpets.

As for the Taiko Oni adjusting the BPM to double to get the desired 3x scroll speed, can you try to devise a combination of increasing the slider velocity base value and adjusting the slider speed adjustments through timing changes so that you have equivalent speeds without resorting to altering the BPM? My head isn't working right now to figure it out. @_@

[Easy]
00:05:271 (1) - Way too soon after a spinner. Honestly, it might be better to map through the spinner (a single beat with a finish at 00:03:521 - would work well)
The rhythms felt kind of bland in this difficulty. It was mostly just the 1 hit every two beats and it got a little bland. Mix in some longer sliders or something to give a feeling of playing through more notes, perhaps.

[Normal]
00:03:521 (1) - End this at 00:05:021 - and change to a finish. Gives more time for players to recover from the spinner.
01:48:146 - Just delete this break. It's not long enough to kill players that much with this setting of HP drain.
This difficulty also kind of suffered the bland rhythm that Easy did. Try to mix things up a little instead of just 1/1/1/1!

[Insane]
00:24:521 (1,1) - Eeeh, I'd really advise against slider speed changes like this. It's incredibly abrupt, and going for the exact length of the previous sliders with a drastic speed change is really disorienting. That and the new combo spam is just plain ugly and breaks your combo flow.
00:29:521 (3,4) - I found that this flowed much better if each slider was ctrl + r'ed.

00:38:646 (2) - Can you either reposition this or 00:37:521 (7) - ? The hitburst from the 7 is kind of covering the repeat of the 2.
00:47:021 (1) - One grid left
00:47:271 (2) - One grid right
00:47:521 (3) - One grid up
00:47:771 (4) - One grid down
01:33:646 (2) - Same thing as before with the repeat being covered by 01:32:521 (3) -
01:41:021 (1) - Same thing as before with this slider. Especially when just played after 01:35:521 (3) -
01:47:521 (3,4) - ctrl + r to match pattern from 01:42:021 (1,2,3,4) - ?

[wood's Hell Taiko Oni]
Frankly, this is just ridiculous. It sounds like ass and some of the things like 01:37:271 (876,877,878,879,880,881,882) - and 01:42:437 (930,931,932,933,934,935,936,937,938,939,940,941,942,943,944,945,946,947,948,949) - just looks like it'd be pretty dumb to play.
It felt like you were trying way too hard to make this difficult instead of capturing the spirit of the song to me.

[Lunety]
00:04:521 (9) - Can you make this squiggle slider a little wider so it's easier to see with the openGL sliders?
01:45:271 (6,7) - This rhythm doesn't make any sense at all when you're listening to the music.
01:47:021 (4,5) - ?_? Why? And even if you're keeping them, it doesn't sound right having 5 longer than 4.

Personally, I'd rather see the authentic Muzukashii put back in instead of that guest Taiko difficulty, and the Easy/Normal felt a little bland. They're technically alright, but I know you can make this set so much better for the lower-end players! Let me know what you decide~
Topic Starter
banvi
Thank you very much!! XD
But I'll take a long time to consider how to fix/improve thismap... Hmm... :o
And I seem I pushed you when you already have too many request. Sorry. :cry:
lepidopodus

Garven wrote:

As for the Taiko Oni adjusting the BPM to double to get the desired 3x scroll speed...
As you guys really don't like haxing, how about setting base SV as 2.8 and set HS 0.5 for every part of the map except the last note? For the last note, set HS to 1.5.

To be honest I prefer haxing lol (In Taiko no Tatsujin x0.5 ~ x6 appears.)

About Wood's Hell Oni, hmm, need to discuss about a bit... If you want to check previous brief discussion, 4th - 5th page of this thread.

EDIT: Whoops, don't set SV as 2.8, see page 8.
Garven

lepidopodus wrote:

As you guys really don't like haxing, how about setting base SV as 2.8 and set HS 0.5 for every part of the map except the last note? For the last note, set HS to 1.5.

To be honest I prefer haxing lol (In Taiko no Tatsujin x0.5 ~ x6 appears.)
Well, I asked around about it, and if there's a way to do this without using the uninherited line, it would be preferred.

The problem with that solution is that there is a .75x speed used, so using the base of 2.8 @.5x won't work quite right as you need to go slower at that point. /lazy mathematician

And don't worry about me, banvi, haha. I've been wanting to mod this long before I became BAT~
lepidopodus
@^: Whoops, so there is x0.75, I forgot that.

EDIT:
Forget about what I originally posted lol
As (maximum HS)/(minimum HS) is 4, I guess we can set HS change without placing uninherited sections.

Base SV to 2.1, set x1 section to x0.67, x0.75 to x0.5, x3 to x2.

EDIT2:
I fixed those things already, though.

Download: Kanou Mari - Hakuchou no Mizuumi ~still a duckling~ (banvi) [Taiko Oni].osu
woodrockman

lepidopodus wrote:

Base SV to 2.1, set x1 section to x0.67, x0.75 to x0.5, x3 to x2.
uum...
도중부터 노트가 보인다는 문제점이 있습니다.
안그래도 어려운 난이도의 난이도가 더 올라간다는거죠.

가장 편한 방법은 bpm을 2배로 하는것입니다만
역시, 타이밍선에 문제가... 헬에서는 4배속을 쓰고싶기도 했었고 말이죠 OTL

일단, 노트에 맞추어서 bpm타이밍선을 변화시키면,
실제 플레이할때 다음 타이밍선은 보이지 않으므로 크게 문제가 없을거라고 생각합니다

난이도에 대해서는 으음.. '이 이상 쉽게하진 말아주세요' 라고 누비타씨가 말씀하셔서
하향은 힘들것 같지만, 01:42:354 (929,930,931,932,933,934,935,936,937,938,939,940,941,942,943,944,945,946,947,948,949) -
이부분이 치기가 힘들다는건 공감합니다... 저는 못치겠지만,
다른 고수들은 칠수 있겠죠 하하하.. (이것을 치는사람이 진정한 1위를.. 어라?)

오리지날에 규칙에 어긋나는점은 일단 없겠지만 일단은 여기에 대해서
다른 패턴을 한번 찾고, 여기저기 수정을 거쳐서 조만간 포스팅 하겠습니다.

Somebody please translate T.T
The point is, I'll fix soon.
lepidopodus
@^: 아니 우드맵 말고. 우드맵은 마지막 노트가 x4라서 haxing말고는 방법이 없음. 저거 적용해도 노트 페이드인은 고치는 방법이 다 있기도 하고요. 그냥 앞에 BPM 160짜리 선 하나 잡아주면 되요.

다만 더 중요한건 박쥐가 지금 우드 맵이 이해가 잘 안되는 듯, 그러니까 패턴이 별로 어울리지 않는다고 생각하는 모양. 다른 문제는 제가 알아서 해드릴테니까 패턴 문제부터 잘 논의해 보시는게 좋을 듯 해요. 말은 제가 전하죠.

EDIT:
I added BPM 160 section in front of the notes in order to remove abnormal 'fade in' effect from Taiko Oni. So use this one instead of above one.

Download: Kanou Mari - Hakuchou no Mizuumi ~still a duckling~ (banvi) [Taiko Oni].osu
woodrockman
Topic Starter
banvi

Garven wrote:

[General]
Honestly, I'd rather see this at the original 240 BPM. The TnT iterations of the song kept it at that BPM, and it's reflected in the scrolling speed (lol at the end of it >o< ) and the general pace of the song. Usually a ska song like this would be counted off in the much faster manner for performances. changed~

The soft-hitclap feels like it has a slight delay at the beginning and you can hear it really well on the sliders at the beginning of Easy. Try this one and see if it fits better for you. oh , thanks~
http://puu.sh/3m4w

normal-hitwhistle would be awesome to use in this song to compliment the trumpets.
added a bit (maybe , my hitsounds sense is weird?? X_X)

[Easy]
00:05:271 (1) - Way too soon after a spinner. Honestly, it might be better to map through the spinner (a single beat with a finish at 00:03:521 - would work well) fixed

[Normal]
00:03:521 (1) - End this at 00:05:021 - and change to a finish. Gives more time for players to recover from the spinner. fixed
01:48:146 - Just delete this break. It's not long enough to kill players that much with this setting of HP drain. removed

[Insane]
00:24:521 (1,1) - Eeeh, I'd really advise against slider speed changes like this. It's incredibly abrupt, and going for the exact length of the previous sliders with a drastic speed change is really disorienting. That and the new combo spam is just plain ugly and breaks your combo flow. Zzz... ok changed.
00:29:521 (3,4) - I found that this flowed much better if each slider was ctrl + r'ed. changed
00:38:646 (2) - Can you either reposition this or 00:37:521 (7) - ? The hitburst from the 7 is kind of covering the repeat of the 2. made more readable I think
00:47:021 (1) - One grid left ok
00:47:271 (2) - One grid right k
00:47:521 (3) - One grid up k
00:47:771 (4) - One grid down k
01:33:646 (2) - Same thing as before with the repeat being covered by 01:32:521 (3) fixed maybe
01:41:021 (1) - Same thing as before with this slider. Especially when just played after 01:35:521 (3) fixed maybe
01:47:521 (3,4) - ctrl + r to match pattern from 01:42:021 (1,2,3,4) - ? changed

[Lunety]
00:04:521 (9) - Can you make this squiggle slider a little wider so it's easier to see with the openGL sliders? fixed
01:45:271 (6,7) - This rhythm doesn't make any sense at all when you're listening to the music. fixed
01:47:021 (4,5) - ?_? Why? And even if you're keeping them, it doesn't sound right having 5 longer than 4. changed

Personally, I'd rather see the authentic Muzukashii put back in instead of that guest Taiko difficulty.
Hm , but I don't want to remove wood's diff unless this is really unrankable...

And the Easy/Normal felt a little bland. They're technically alright, but I know you can make this set so much better for the lower-end players! Let me know what you decide~
This is usually my mapping style in easy/normal. But I agree. Changed some parts.
And updated taiko diffs. Thanks~
I guess ready for rechecking._.
Garven
Sorry for taking so long on the recheck.

[General]
Aaaaah, reduce your tick rate to 1, haha.

[wood's Hell taiko Oni]
Did.. this not get updated correctly? The BPM is still changed to 480 at the end.

[Lunety]
00:00:771 (1) - This combo is quite long compared to the rest of the map
00:08:146 (1) - Hitburst from this is kinda covering the repeat from 00:09:021 (1) - and can be easily fixed.

Looks a lot better now!
Topic Starter
banvi

Garven wrote:

Sorry for taking so long on the recheck. npnp><

[General]
Aaaaah, reduce your tick rate to 1, haha.
reduced except for Lunety due to hitsounds...

[wood's Hell taiko Oni]
Did.. this not get updated correctly? The BPM is still changed to 480 at the end.
fixed

[Lunety]
00:00:771 (1) - This combo is quite long compared to the rest of the map added new combo 00:03:521
00:08:146 (1) - Hitburst from this is kinda covering the repeat from 00:09:021 (1) - and can be easily fixed.fixed

Looks a lot better now! Thank you~ o/
All done~ Thank you ~ <3
Garven
よし! Bubbled!

:U
Topic Starter
banvi

Garven wrote:

Thank you very much Garven sensei!!
I love you~ <333
James2250
I would like to see a few more opinions on woodrockman's taiko. To me it is just way overdoing it but if other people are ok with it.....

-Taiko shouldn't have any added un-inherited timing sections that the standard difficulties don't have, I didn't read the whole thread but there should be an alternative solution for it. Maybe just delete the few notes before it and make the offset 1021 on every difficulty, although the offset sounds slightly late at the moment so I would do -4 on that.
-It would be nice if the Insane could have a higher star rating than "Lunety" (even though the star rating is broken) as it doesn't look good with a lower score coming last on the mapset in my opinion

All of the maps check out nicely, call me back after all of the fixes~
Shiirn
Taiko is absolutely stupid. Let's go.

Everything before the offset makes no sense whatsoever and should be removed.

Set the slider velocity to 1.4 and quit messing with the inheriteds just so you can have a retardedly fast approach rate note at the end. In fact, since this is 240 bpm, i would normally suggest an even slower SV, but you map 1/4 all over the place like a ----- anyway.

Sound is way too loud. If you absolutely insist on mapping the background drums just to make this hard, at least make the volume similar.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I'm not a fan of any form of mapping making up rhythms as they go, especially when there's a perfectly good set of drums you can follow. I could probably throw this taiko on t-pazolite - Tsugihagi Construction (240bpm mostly 1/2) and get the same quality map you have here - pretty damn crappy and nonsense, but follows the rules barely enough to be rankable

01:50:271 (967) - this.

this ====ing note.

no.

maybe if it were a spinner
but a bigdon?

no.

ziin wrote:

Pointlessly awkward difficulty is stupid and should be unrankable.
who knew that this quote would be so useful

star since the standard difficulties are real damn nice.
lepidopodus
Seems woodrockman copy & pasted timing setting from Taiko Oni. I guess I already explained those things in previous posts, but currently you guys don't understand what is the problem at all. I'll explain this again.

Taiko Oni (authentic) and woodrockman's map has x3 note in the end. This is totally acceptable in Taiko unless it is overused, (It violates general restriction of mapping, but I guess players think that thing is interesting. Maybe that's just why this kind of notes are allowed.) but there's no convenient way to apply it, since osu editer only supports x0.5~x2.0. Basically ther's two way to solve this.

1) Doubles BPM temporally. But this breaks pulse and barlines, and pipi-don waves her arm twice faster, and kiai flash flashes twice faster, etc, etc. Anyway this method makes several things annoying. When mapping & playing the map.
2) Haxing .osu file. This can solve various problems in above method, but as I know some powerful guys doesn't like it.

At first, 1st method was applied since it is safe to make the mapset ranked, but Garven suggested that there should be some other way to solve this. Since lowest HS(custom SV in taiko word) in the map is x0.75 and highest is x3.0, ratio of them is 4, and since highest/lowest ratio of custom SV that osu editor supports is 4. We can set basic SV to 2.1, which is x1.5 of 1.4, and by doing this custom SV x0.5 and x2.0 in osu editor is actually HS x0.75 and x3.0 in taiko sense. So now we can achieve those x3 notes without haxing, or doubling BPM.

That is why we set basic SV to 2.1 in both of maps.

But by applying this, unexpected problem occured: unexpected fade-in effect that is really annoying to see the notes properly. As I know this is one of problem of current mechanism of showing notes in osu Taiko. (Check this.) Since HS x1 is now custom SV x0.67, it is considered as slow-down by system of osu, and osu shows those notes like this. (As I know this rate of slow-down doesn't give fade-in effect usually, but I guess high BPM or high SV makes the problem. Anyway I already explained why we set SV like that, and BPM can't be changed as you guys know.)
Of course these are quite annoying since the notes are very fast. To solve this we need to set one more uninheritted section to 1st timing section, with BPM setting equivalent with lowest SV setting that this map have. BPM 120 definatly solve this, but I found that BPM 160 also solve this so we used BPM 160 cause it is closer to BPM 240.

So that's why we placed one more uninherrited section before the actual offset.

-----------
To be honest if we put x3 by haxing .osu file we can avoid those kind of problem totally, (and actually some ranked Taiko maps have it) but if we use that some guy will appear and say 'haxing isn't allowed'. osu editer isn't perfect for being Taiko editor since it is designed for osu mapping, so we usually haxing .osu file to achieve some effects what we want. (Of course this includes effects that is considered as allowed in Taiko community.) But currently haxing is kinda prohibitted, so we are taking more bizarre and complex way to achieve that, or just abandon some effects, when we want to make things ranked. Sometimes those bizarre ways can make more misunderstanding like this, or making more problems when playing the maps. *sigh*

If you guys can solve those problems without setting additional uninherrited sections or haxing or some other method that isn't disliked by someone, we will happily apply it to this map. Any suggestions?

Topic Starter
banvi
Really thanks for explanation about taiko , lepidopodus ><

@shiirn
Anyway thanks for checking~

James2250 wrote:

I would like to see a few more opinions on woodrockman's taiko. To me it is just way overdoing it but if other people are ok with it.....

-Taiko shouldn't have any added un-inherited timing sections that the standard difficulties don't have, I didn't read the whole thread but there should be an alternative solution for it. Maybe just delete the few notes before it and make the offset 1021 on every difficulty, although the offset sounds slightly late at the moment so I would do -4 on that.
-It would be nice if the Insane could have a higher star rating than "Lunety" (even though the star rating is broken) as it doesn't look good with a lower score coming last on the mapset in my opinion

All of the maps check out nicely, call me back after all of the fixes~
Fixed offset -4.
About star rating... Well , I know. But I want to keep due to max score of Insane... (I don't want to decrease max score of Insane. :? )
Thanks for modding~
L_P
this map had been lying in my osu! for months. why still not yet ranked!!!!!!!
i want this ranked!!!!!!!
Topic Starter
banvi

L_P wrote:

Thank you~
I'm really glad to see such a message! ><

Hm , I'm waiting for James2250's apply.

EDIT:
He won't come back here. (I sent PM 2 times though) ...maybe ignored
*sigh* I'm disappointed & tired.
Kanon

banvi wrote:

L_P wrote:

Thank you~
I'm really glad to see such a message! ><

Hm , I'm waiting for James2250's apply.

EDIT:
He won't come back here. (I sent PM 2 times though) ...maybe ignored
*sigh* I'm disappointed & tired.
I like the map very much!
I'm always waiting for it ranked
It's your responsibility to get it ranked! Cheer up!:)
I am supporting you! :D
kudo star~
Topic Starter
banvi
@Kanon
Really thanks! XD
However , I do not have assigned now.
So this map will take more long time to be ranked. :(
valuable_old
Delete
sorry...
OzzyOzrock
[Hell Taiko!]
01:13:517 (606) - Unrankable finish ><
01:37:517 (874) - ^
01:39:517 (894) - ^

No finish in 1/4, but taiko is moe =w=
Very challenging... but challenge isn't unrankable, those finishes are www
Backfire
Taiko -
01:13:517 (606) - What the fuck. Make this a regular don.

What happened to the 1/3rd? This map actually got WORSE. If I was you, I'd revert back to previous Wood's taiko. It had alot less crap in it.

But hey thats just my opinion. I dunno what happened to the 1/3rd but it makes me very sad face ;-;

DAMNITT OZZY.
woodrockman

OzzyOzrock wrote:

[Hell Taiko!]
01:13:517 (606) - Unrankable finish ><

No finish in 1/4, but taiko is moe =w=
Very challenging... but challenge isn't unrankable, those finishes are www

it's backup date (before)

This data may have been changed from 1/3 to 1/4. After any modification

Download: Kanou Mari - Hakuchou no Mizuumi ~still a duckling~ (banvi) [wood's Hell Taiko Oni].osu
lepidopodus
I guess somebody auto-snapped wood's map to 1/4, hmm. That should be 1/3, so he fixed it.
Topic Starter
banvi
Ok , updated wood's taiko diff. Thanks~

Garven
Different offset on wood's taiko diff.
I also still think it's pretty ridiculous.
01:34:521 (535,536,537,538,539) - This sounds pretty bad. There may be others like it, but I'm busy kind of glazing over and how crazy this is. q:
01:37:437 (565,566) - Is that legal? I dunno about taiko stuff much, but I recall there being a hubub about finishes overlapping the normal hits.
Then again, why use 1/3 there anyway? Blaaah so much sounds so terrible against the song.

anyway, osu maps are fine. Change that offset in the very least.
Topic Starter
banvi
Hmmmm , I seem wood is away from osu , so I checked.
I hope he like some fixing. ><;

Garven wrote:

Different offset on wood's taiko diff. fixed
I also still think it's pretty ridiculous.
01:34:521 (535,536,537,538,539) - This sounds pretty bad. There may be others like it, but I'm busy kind of glazing over and how crazy this is. q: hmm , I think so too. maybe changed better.
01:37:437 (565,566) - Is that legal? I dunno about taiko stuff much, but I recall there being a hubub about finishes overlapping the normal hits.
I don't know about taiko so much too. But I think this is ok...
Then again, why use 1/3 there anyway? Blaaah so much sounds so terrible against the song.
Oh , yes. I think so too. fixed to fit the music

anyway, osu maps are fine. Change that offset in the very least.
Thank you , Garven sensei~ :)
Garven
01:13:350 (296,297) - Ack, some other 1/3 that don't really fit anything in the music. Should be it, sorry.
Topic Starter
banvi

Garven wrote:

01:13:350 (296,297) - Ack, some other 1/3 that don't really fit anything in the music. Should be it, sorry.
oops , fixed~
Garven
Let's try this again, shall we?

Rebubbled!

OzzyOzrock
Hope wood not disappointed lol orz
show more