forum

REALLLLY BAD osu days

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Domo3311
Does anyone ever get really bad osu days? And i'm talking like reaaallllyyy bad. Like you go from being able to A mid 5 star songs to barely passing low 4 star songs. Ive had this problem occur like maybe 7-10 times in the past 7 months of playing osu. A couple times having the issue for even 2 days in a row.
Sometimes my fingers feel really stiff and my avg stream bpm goes down by about 20-30. Also its like a whole day thing , so its not that i fatigued out my hand from playing earlier in the day. And i think its only usually my tapping hand :]. Anyone know if theres a legitimate case to this?

On another note does anyone have those really good days? Sometimes my tapping hand feels so fluid its scary o.o
Sandy Hoey
Everyone has bad days, you just gotta work through it. If it is really get to you, take a couple of days of. You'll be surprised at how good you feel when you get back into it
dung eater
just think you are as good as you are now and work with that

there's always a reason for how you perform, it's not random

you need to look for the reasons to how you perform, not just stare at how you perform
Topic Starter
Domo3311

jaaakb wrote:

just think you are as good as you are now and work with that

there's always a reason for how you perform, it's not random

you need to look for the reasons to how you perform, not just stare at how you perform
Thats what i'm asking , if there is a legitimate reason for my digression in play. Is there something wrong with my hand? Is my hand not being fluid due to a cause?
When youre playing at a certain level and see heavy decrease in skill , you dont just sit there and work with it imo bc its very straining mentally to know that you can actually do a lot better
Topic Starter
Domo3311

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Everyone has bad days, you just gotta work through it. If it is really get to you, take a couple of days of. You'll be surprised at how good you feel when you get back into it
Ye i kinda assumed this mightve been the case but was hoping if there was a way to solve these bad days bc sometimes you just wanna play the game yaknow :/
7ambda
I haven't had a bad day since more then a year ago.

Your mental game just sucks.
Topic Starter
Domo3311

F1r3tar wrote:

I haven't had a bad day since more then a year ago.

Your mental game just sucks.

Is it really just a mental thing? I would go on those stream stimulators and i would physically not be able to reach my avg bpm.
BarnabyJonez
Just take a break and let your hands rest.
Sandy Hoey

Domo3311 wrote:

Ye i kinda assumed this mightve been the case but was hoping if there was a way to solve these bad days bc sometimes you just wanna play the game yaknow :/
If you just wanna play the game, then it shouldn't matter that you aren't doing well. If you are frustrated and you still wanna play, just go down a little in difficulty until you find yourself enjoying the game again
Sayorie
Don't play when you're on your period. I'm speaking from experience here.
I Give Up
Yes.
Fxjlk

KukiMonster wrote:

Yes.
mizuki-chan
dont play too long and do other things than just playing osu
and also
better 2x one hour than 1x two hours a day
[woo]
Take a break maybe?
johnthewhatever
It comes down to mental preparedness and readiness. Before you start playing your usual songs, begin with a warm up routine. It's difficult to just get into a challenging beat if your mind and body isn't prepared for it. Just as athletes, professional gamers and various other activities, it is important for you to loosen up the wrist and hand muscles. As beginner, my most successful warmup experiences so far is utilizing the Square Jump Practice Maps. It really helps with identifying your accuracy and helps set the mood for hitting those sexy circles. Just remember that enjoying the experience of Osu! dramatically improves training efficiency.
Ninonuko
Always do your best and don't expect a result.
Reminiscent
I remember taking a break for a couple of months off this game because of a really bad day. Came back like 4-5 days ago, and all of a sudden, I started being more consistent and fc'ing more songs that gives me pp (no, I don't care about pp or ranks).
samijnski
When this happens to me I just play some really easy maps and gradually increase the skill level again, as a sort of very long warmup. this usually does the trick for me