forum

Choice to "rank" score after Multiplayer map [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
Alurn
Have you ever played Multiplayer and accidentally played a map that was really hard and you did bad, but didn't survive?

Or perhaps no-fail on and it was a RANKED map.

This score will stay ranked forever until you get good enough to beat it. This is a problem for some players, and currently the only solution is to purposely fail to leave the score un-ranked - additionally making you potentially lose in the process. (Even worse if no-fail is on).

So I propose this:

- Upon completion of a map in multiplayer, score is not submitted and the player has a choice to submit the score if they felt it was okay.

My thoughts:

- Should this only be for multiplayer?
aevv_old
i would hate this, statistics are already fucked enough as is with intentional fails, failing mp not giving a playcount when failing solo does makes little sense anyway. only reason to add this is you want your stats to appear better than they really are, wouldnt support
Claudia_old
Yeah, no.

Basically what aevv said.

Just...no.
OzzyOzrock
That'd be dumb, no.
FurukawaPan
it's happened to me before, I got better, I obliterated the old score.

It would be horrible if people were free to just not count plays they didn't think were good enough, what's the point of *selective* stats? You're also free to quit a map instead of playing through if it was too hard, then it won't count against your accuracy, or whatever else you're worried about.
Hiyorin

FurukawaPan wrote:

it's happened to me before, I got better, I obliterated the old score.
This is one of the few reasons I play osu!. Every once in a while going back and turning B's and A's into S's feels great
Waryas
No this is dumb.
Derekku
Has been requested before and isn't going to happen.