forum

[Archived] Running on Ubuntu, 2016 method?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Michel
How would you go on about running osu on Ubuntu? I've tried with Wine, but I always got 4.3 ms delay on input with fullscreen. The reducing input delay guide that was posted here a few years ago doesn't seem to be working either.
Dntm8kmeeatu
4.2ms is 240fps, Which is one of the Frame limiter options. Did you make sure to change to "Unlimited"?
Topic Starter
Michel

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

4.2ms is 240fps, Which is one of the Frame limiter options. Did you make sure to change to "Unlimited"?
wow, that reduced the latency to about 0.32ms!

however, I still do feel like my accuracy is horrible compared to how I play on Windows . the bar at the bottom always marks green to the right
Dntm8kmeeatu
If you feel like you are getting some delay, You can adjust the universal offset to compensate. Putting this option in the + direction will delay the music, negative will make it come earlier.

The bar goes from left to right, meaning early to late, It seems you are hitting late, So try adjusting your offset maybe?
Topic Starter
Michel
This is not working at all ... I've tried most offsets and somehow the gameplay still doesn't feel as natural as it did on Windows. How can I figure out what is happening?