map pool for this year will in the range of 6-8 stars~
RouxLouka
Wooow~
batman98
I hope that my fellow Peruvians participate this time in the tournament
Nwolf
make Bahrain great again
arveit
The hype is getting real. Poland knows how to click the circles.
Cyclohexane
You forgot to put me on the list of comm- okay i won't even finish that sentence
n0ah
2 pages and so far no drama? weve already broken a record
arveit

n0ah wrote:

no drama is a new drama
http://www.dramabutton.com/
lucio54
cookie or hvick will play? really want to know
MiruHong
What was the reasoning behind removing the mod limit, I'm curious why a change like this was made because teams can abuse a mod pool by having half the team orientated around a certain mod and either forcing a tiebreaker or simply a win if the opponent loses even one. I'm not saying that this is a bad change to the rule, I just find the change sudden compared to other OWCs and other tournaments.

Aside from that I hope the best for team Canada and Singapore <3
-Flux
Hype! Waiting for this to come! GL&HF to everyone participating!
silmarilen

MiruHong wrote:

What was the reasoning behind removing the mod limit, I'm curious why a change like this was made because teams can abuse a mod pool by having half the team orientated around a certain mod and either forcing a tiebreaker or simply a win if the opponent loses even one. I'm not saying that this is a bad change to the rule, I just find the change sudden compared to other OWCs and other tournaments.

It has been like this since owc2014?
What i found more interesting is that hd/hr/dt only have 2 maps as opposed to 3 before.
ReptilianD
when is it starting again?
MiruHong

silmarilen wrote:

MiruHong wrote:

It has been like this since owc2014?
What i found more interesting is that hd/hr/dt only have 2 maps as opposed to 3 before.

Ahh, I'm dumb. The 2 mod is probably to remedy the fact that there are free player swaps then
juankristal
I would say having only 2 maps per mod bracket and only 1 ban is oriented to have a overall more balanced team in order to win a match. Before, if you had a team that was good at DT and HD for example you would have 6 good picks agains 2 potential bans.

This time around with only 2 and 1 ban it will be 3 out of 4 good picks that you can abuse of so matches are more likely going to be decided by who has the overall better team in everything.
Krah

n0ah wrote:

Just wait past the registration phase always the best part.
"Why the fuck I can't play RIGGED STAFF BLAME LOCTAV"
Kert

Cyclohexane wrote:

You forgot to put me on the list of comm- okay i won't even finish that sentence

Oh? if it isn't Mr.Cyclohexane for commentary here!

I'd listen
Abyssal
inb4 my country doenst make it.. again :C
Athrun
Come on Hong Kong!

They did so well last year, having made it into finals (and also being the only high seeded team in the finals). Hope they can strive again :D
fartownik
Is there a reason why there's no separate mappool for the Grand Final again?
buny

fartownik wrote:

Is there a reason why there's no separate mappool for the Grand Final again?
iirc the excuse last year was that there were not enough hard maps

this year we have heaps of hard maps, there's really no excuse to not having a separate mappool
n0ah
leggo NL lets try and get out of group stage this year :^)
deadbeat

n0ah wrote:

leggo NZ lets try and get out of group stage this year :^)
apple_muncher4
when will the owc teams/mappool be released?
Deif

DanDaBruh wrote:

when will the owc teams/mappool be released?
The registration phase is still ongoing, so it's too soon for that information to be released. Teams are normally released after the registration phase has ended and all applications have been checked by the tournament management. Respecting the mappool, the one of the Group Stage will be released at the exact day of the live drawings (4 Nov 2016) and at the end of every week the mappool for the next phase will be released.
StephOsu
Quick thought but wouldn't it be cool if they include EZ and/or HT mod into the mappool?
We could lower the amount of maps from all other mod pools by 1 and add EZ/HT pool in to provide them a higher chance to be picked
NeXt4r_
i hope is ok
Caput Mortuum

StephOsu wrote:

Quick thought but wouldn't it be cool if they include EZ and/or HT mod into the mappool?
We could lower the amount of maps from all other mod pools by 1 and add EZ/HT pool in to provide them a higher chance to be picked
ooh
then people will start practicing ez :>
juankristal
For Half Time it doesnt really make much sense. For EZ, even tho I think it was considered it is likely (if not guaranteed) that it wont be used.

Also this thread is really quiet, I wonder whats going on...
Tebz188

juankristal wrote:

Big drama inc.

on-topic: GL for Finland and the bad teams go deep into the bracket this time!
AllModesEnjoyer
I can only imagine if you had to use FL for the maps haha
Athrun

juankristal wrote:

For Half Time it doesnt really make much sense. For EZ, even tho I think it was considered it is likely (if not guaranteed) that it wont be used.

The drama won't start until the players have been chosen for each of the countries.

I'm waiting to see the Hong Kong lineup for this year. If they were able to make to finals last year, then there's hope!
Bachia
GO GO Poland! at least this year you have to make it! It is high time...
-GN
the rules for freemod mod picks state:

7. The FreeMod bracket will have FreeMod activated.
7.1. Possible mod choices are: Hidden, HardRock and Hidden+HardRock

why is Easy not allowed here? it has been used seriously in at least one tournament, and if an opportunity presents itself for it to be useful, no matter how rare it is, why not allow it?
Topic Starter
Loctav
Fair question, I would have problems figuring out a proper multiplier for it (given we use scorev2). Would it be a positive one? (it obviously makes things harder) or a negative one? (since it makes you less likely to fail.. ok weak argument)

I am not an EZ player or have much insight in this aspect, so if you have suggestions in how to design it, feel free to propose something!

(without a multiplier, it would sort of lose its tactical purpose, wouldn't it? dunno...)
m0rsumbra
This will be my first one I'll be able to watch!! And will there be banners available like for the mania tournament so we can support our country?
silmarilen

Loctav wrote:

Fair question, I would have problems figuring out a proper multiplier for it (given we use scorev2). Would it be a positive one? (it obviously makes things harder) or a negative one? (since it makes you less likely to fail.. ok weak argument)

I am not an EZ player or have much insight in this aspect, so if you have suggestions in how to design it, feel free to propose something!

(without a multiplier, it would sort of lose its tactical purpose, wouldn't it? dunno...)
You already have the ability to revive without ez mod in multiplayer, i don't think you should be punished for it when using ez.
Athrun

- Eclipse - wrote:

This will be my first one I'll be able to watch!! And will there be banners available like for the mania tournament so we can support our country?
They had it last year for the osu! world cup 2015 :3
show more