forum

So many points?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TyranTyran
I have a score on Setting Sail, Coming Home ( https://osu.ppy.sh/s/108461 ) which is 347,009 points higher then the score that I think should be better. My S rank, 279x combo, 96.54% is so much better than my SS rank, 279x combo, HR play. There are a few spinners, but not enough to raise it by 347000 points. I have no idea why my perfect isn' t better than my "good" attempt. They are both on easy mode.
Sandy Hoey
When you play with a mod, in your case, HR, you get a score multiplier that increases your total points. You also got an SS (100% acc) compared to 86.54%.That is why that score is higher.
Topic Starter
TyranTyran
No, the S rank, not modded run was 350000~ points better then the SS rank, hard rock run.
Caput Mortuum
If it really is higher than your SS score, then that score on your profile should have been replaced by that S score.
KupcaH
wat
Topic Starter
TyranTyran

Eraser wrote:

If it really is higher than your SS score, then that score on your profile should have been replaced by that S score.
It shows I have an S rank instead of an SS rank on my osu to the left of the name of the beatmap.
Caput Mortuum
a screenshot would help.
sangu
The SS score is your best score and was submitted to the servers. It is your only SS and you can see it in your top plays as number 4.

kurodahatsuharu
if the S rank play have better score then your ranked play will be replace by it, so i think you just see it wrong. Also it's just 6 PP so it isn't a big of a deal, forget about it and play more.
Topic Starter
TyranTyran

Eraser wrote:

a screenshot would help.
Sorry, http://imgur.com/a/8QEHB
Endaris
Here's the solution:
You got the score at the top in a multiplayer match. That multiplayer match worked with the setting "Score v2" which uses a different scoring metric. Scores gained with Score v2 will be saved to your local scores but they will NOT get submitted to the server. This means that your HRSS-play counts as your play on this map as visible at your profile:

If the score v2-play bothers you for some reason you can delete it from your local scores by rightclicking the score and selecting "Delete Score".
Topic Starter
TyranTyran
Thanks, I did play a round of that with my brother so I guess that' s why it's so much better, right?
Endaris
No, if you played multiplayer with the score v1 scoring system it would have scored lower than your HRSS-score. As mentioned, you can just delete it from your local scores and then your osu! should show the map with an SS-icon after a restart.
Caput Mortuum
Score v2 is saved? wow
7ambda

Eraser wrote:

Score v2 is saved? wow
I'm surprised he even got to play scorev2. I thought it was only for supporters on cutting-edge build.
Topic Starter
TyranTyran

F1r3tar wrote:

Eraser wrote:

Score v2 is saved? wow
I'm surprised he even got to play scorev2. I thought it was only for supporters on cutting edge build.
I was just playing with my brother ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Endaris

F1r3tar wrote:

Eraser wrote:

Score v2 is saved? wow
I'm surprised he even got to play scorev2. I thought it was only for supporters on cutting-edge build.
I think by now only the Fallback releasestream doesn't have access.
(just tested it to confirm, stable (latest) can use score v2)