forum

[resolved] Input lag with tablet (Solved, thread can be closed)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

EDIT: The issue MIGHT be that osu isn't actually 100% fullscreen somehow, I had skype messages pop up while playing and I can somehow make puush screenshots while being fullscreen which isn't possible?
(It MIGHT be windows ink related since it apparently reactivated itself)

Editeditedit: Solved it by turning on compatibilty mode, thanks to a tip from Nathanael.

Since a few days ago I have input lag with my tablet as if I'm playing windowed mode, even though I'm in fullscreen, I think it might have to do with a windows update but don't quote me on that, at first I thought it had to do with windows ink but i completely disabled that and restarted my pc, didn't change anything. I'm using windows 10 and my tablet is a wacom bamboo ctl 470/k

So far I tried reinstalling the drivers and doing a system restore (even though that was just to yesterday cause that was the only restore point available)

osu! version: 20160821.1 (latest)
Natahotra
Saw a post about something related, but its quite old so it might not work, but it's worth a try.
post 1
post 2
this might provide help
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

Knife Party wrote:

Saw a post about something related, but its quite old so it might not work, but it's worth a try.
post 1
post 2
this might provide help
I did the ViziblrFixMyPen.exe long ago, I just redownloaded it to see if it was still good, it was, also disabled the hold for right click thing, still no changes however.
I can't find the tabletinputservice thing, it's nowhere to be found
I found this however, I don't know if this is what I'm looking for though

Edit: To add on to this, I've never had this issue before in the 6 years i've been here, it just happened a couple of days ago after a windows update
VeilStar
Just to be sure, you do have the fullscreen toggle enabled in the options menu, right? If not it'll run in borderless, which is still prone to the input lag you get from running applications when they're not running in fullscreen. If you alt+tab out it should blink black for a split second if it's running in fullscreen.
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

VeilStar wrote:

Just to be sure, you do have the fullscreen toggle enabled in the options menu, right? If not it'll run in borderless, which is still prone to the input lag you get from running applications when they're not running in fullscreen. If you alt+tab out it should blink black for a split second if it's running in fullscreen.
Yeah, it's 100% fullscreen, even though it feels different, the moment i alt tab, the alt tab window pops up before it even takes me out of osu which makes me think it doesn't actually register it as being fullscreen, don't think it used to be like this although i can't 100% confirm that.
Honestly the alt tabbing feels way too fast for it to actually be fullscreen

Edit: ok yeah it's not fullscreen, i just had a skype message pop up while playing, how to get it to actually go fullscreen lol, I can also make puush screenshots while being in ''fullscreen'' which isn't possible
Nathanael
Resolved this via ingame PM. ;D