forum

Does hitting top 100k count as not being trash anymore?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Laharl
I guess your parents are very proud of you.
Topic Starter
AlbinoRabe

Laharl wrote:

I guess your parents are very proud of you.
If my parents were proud of me I wouldn´t need to play osu! and seek confirmation from strangers ;_;
kurodahatsuharu
Get 99% accuracy and you will be consider as not being trash. Right now with 90% acc, yes you are trash. This is a rhythm game mate.
Rilene
If you have 10000pp, you are ok.
If you don't, you are not ok.
Domo3311

kurodahatsuharu wrote:

Get 99% accuracy and you will be consider as not being trash. Right now with 90% acc, yes you are trash. This is a rhythm game mate.
No, having low acc does not mean a person is trash. The acc that he has is just a representation of his top scores. As far as i'm concerned he could be fcing 2 stars with 99 acc and just leave it as that. Maybe playing songs that are more challenging for oneself is how he wants to play and its just that he has the aim so pp is given. Let him enjoy the game as he pleases. Not everyone enjoys getting 99% on songs for pp.
I get triggered by this because i get flamed too for having a low acc. However that is because i want to challenge myself and see how far i can go with the harder songs and how long my aim can hold up. So unless you're going for leaderboards currently, just chillax and pretend you're pro when you B FC them 5 star songs :^)
P.S Its 2016 so imma have to assume your gender :p
Railey2

F1r3tar wrote:

It's all perspective-based.
This is the correct answer.

Someone who doesn't play the game might be amazed by gameplay from someone ranked 200k.

What's most important is, that you feel good with where you are at. As long as you do that, there isn't much else to worry about.
Hiro-Senpai
Well it depends
Right now i would say no
3 years ago i would say yes.
I Give Up
Only people who give up are trash.
N0thingSpecial
It depends, I consider myself trash for as long as I can remember, one thing for sure is that I am less trash them before
kurodahatsuharu

Domo3311 wrote:

kurodahatsuharu wrote:

No, having low acc does not mean a person is trash. The acc that he has is just a representation of his top scores. As far as i'm concerned he could be fcing 2 stars with 99 acc and just leave it as that. Maybe playing songs that are more challenging for oneself is how he wants to play and its just that he has the aim so pp is given. Let him enjoy the game as he pleases. Not everyone enjoys getting 99% on songs for pp.
I get triggered by this because i get flamed too for having a low acc. However that is because i want to challenge myself and see how far i can go with the harder songs and how long my aim can hold up. So unless you're going for leaderboards currently, just chillax and pretend you're pro when you B FC them 5 star songs :^)
P.S Its 2016 so imma have to assume your gender :p
This is a rhythm game, not "how long you can go" game.
bkoh
Depends on how you see it
If 100k is bad to you, u will still be better someday
winber1

KukiMonster wrote:

Only trash who give up are people
AsyouSaidsir
Some people consider 100k not trash, some people consider 10k not trash, some consider 1k not trash, and some consider 100 not trash.
But they are all wrong because everyone is trash. :)
Lazorcat
I made this same post 3 months ago. Back then, I felt like the only reason I played osu was to feel validated in my skill at something. Since then I have tried my absolute hardest to stop caring about pp, to stop needing validation from people, to not get bored when my rank stops climbing. I haven't completely reached those goals, but after pushing my mindset to care more about the game and less about the rank, I started to enjoy it so much more. Try playing offline or on... yeah. One piece of advice I got was to FC one map per day and ignore pp for the rest of it.

Now, I don't mean to assume you are in the same spot as me, I hope this didn't come off as presumptuous, I just thought the story of my mental journey might help.

P.S. If you start thinking you're good you stop improving.
KupcaH

Lazorcat wrote:

No, you're still going to improve.
Perhaps, your improve progress will slow down, but you won't "stop" improving.
dGeist
Being called trash due to my acc makes me feel so satisfied when I beat them in multi with my low acc. XD
Veross
I mean, you probably aren't playing for the good reasons ; if you want everybody to praise you because you aren't in the Trash section, then you should probably start to realize that a game is made for fun and that you should impress yourself before others.
ithgyu

Rilene wrote:

If you have 10000pp, you are ok.
If you don't, you are not ok.
you are retarded
kurodahatsuharu

dGeist wrote:

Being called trash due to my acc makes me feel so satisfied when I beat them in multi with my low acc. XD
Yeah you can win them in the song out of they play zone. You can win player around your rank if playing >5*, but it isn't prove anything. In long run they will get pass you too far that they don't even need to bother you anymore. Know you limit and know what is right is very important in rhythm game.
dGeist

kurodahatsuharu wrote:

dGeist wrote:

Yeah you can win them in the song out of they play zone. You can win player around your rank if playing >5*, but it isn't prove anything. In long run they will get pass you too far that they don't even need to bother you anymore. Know you limit and know what is right is very important in rhythm game.
And that's why its important to know and improve yourself and ignore the trash comments.
In the end, just play like u want to. The earlier post is how i normally enjoy playing and it motivates me to improve further.
Fxjlk
Every goal achieved is something to be proud of, no matter how big or small.
winber1
so i should be proud of being able to stick my dick into a pencil sharpener?
Fxjlk

winber1 wrote:

Yes that sounds incredibly painful so you should be proud you have the balls to do that.

But actually no, there is nuances and it shouldn't be taken literally. The goals should actually be challenging and not something morally wrong like killing people etc
Domo3311
P.S Its 2016 so imma have to assume your gender :p[/quote]

This is a rhythm game, not "how long you can go" game.[/quote]
It doesnt matter what kind of game this is. If you're not playing in the way you please theres no point. Unless youre on the high ranking leaderboards makig legit money then it doesn't matter what your Acc is. Stop trying to cling to the social standard of having high Acc. Like i stated previously the Acc stated in your profile is only comprises of your TOP scores. It doesn't show all those Csand Bs that you get when you challenged yourself and alternatively it doesnt show those 99% scores that you had when you tried really hard but had that one combo break in the middle. Stop associating a persons actually level of skill based on the acc that is displayed on their profile. A profile is just a front that is comprised through minimal information.
Further more you're not going to tell me that you hold a 99% acc through every level of gameplay. As you go up the ladder your acc decreases because the songs get harder.
N0thingSpecial

winber1 wrote:

That's fukin amazing
[woo]
Not until you resurrect Harambe from the dead and FC Freedom Dive with HR + HD + PF + NC + FL.
Akairushi
Anything besides 3 digit is irrelevant.

Edit : I meant to say 2 and 1 digit is good too. Also yes i know there are amazing players that aren't top 1k. What i meant to say is that any other goal like "holy shit guys just got to 20k!, 10k!, 5k! e.t.c." is pretty useless, because you still aren't anywhere.
PinkNightmares

Akairushi wrote:

Anything besides 3 digit is irrelevant
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/284905
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/864895
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/201459
-Makishima S-

Akairushi wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/u/MinG3012 is better than most 3 digit players, can easiely shit on them right after waking up
Treeleaf_old

Akairushi wrote:

I'm not surprised that puts you in the group of relevant players. If you were 2 digit you would probably say the same but 2 digit instead of 3
Edgar_Figaro

Lazorcat wrote:

Sounds like reverse psychology there :lol: . If I think I suck I get sucky plays to match. Although if I get cocky I screw up and do bad as well. I'd say the thing that works for me the best is to distract myself with other thoughts while playing and before I know it I finish the song with an FC
Caput Mortuum

Treeleaf wrote:

Akairushi wrote:

I'm not surprised that puts you in the group of relevant players. If you were 2 digit you would probably say the same but 2 digit instead of 3
3 digits are good.
2 digits are very dedicated players.
1 digits are gods.

Any other is really doesn't matter :/ except for some notable ez players
Endie-

KukiMonster wrote:

Frikandel
Agh just have fun. You''ll feel like trash no matter how good you are there is always someone better.