forum

North American Taiko Tournament (Concluded)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Garpo

We in there!

Hello players, this year I will be hosting NATT. This is in place of USATT. I came back from the shadows to ensure our players have something to fill the gap between LMS and TWC. I am here today to tell you that we are hosting a 32 player tournament! New blood and veterans battle it out face to face in a 1v1 double knock-out tournament setting to see who is truly. NA's finest! I hope to see a big turn out and good luck!

Sign-ups are to be done by PM. Send me a message on the website via Forum PM. There is no rank cap but only the top 32 ranked players will play. Also include your timezone for scheduling purposes.

Stream Link: https://www.twitch.tv/taikoworldcuplms

Registered Players

Tournament Schedule
Registration Phase: September 28 - October 22
Group Stage: October 29-30
Round of 16: November 5-6
Quarter Finals:November 12-13
Semi Finals: November 19-20
Finals: November 26-27
Grand Finals: December 3-4

Map Pools

Map pools will be added a week before the matches in which they will be used.

Group Stage
Map Pack

Round of 16
Map Pack

Quarter Finals
Map Pack

Semi Finals
Map Pack

Finals
Map Pack

Grand Finals

Schedules
Look here to see when Player matches are!

Group Stage
Round of 16
Quarter Finals
Semi-Finals
Finals
Grand Finals

Tournament Staff

Garpo: Event Organizer
Backfire and Lno: Mappool Selectors
Garpo : Streamer
All Staff + Volunteers : Referees
Julie, k3v227, Catgirl and Volunteers: Commentators

Prizes:
Tasha: 6 Months of Supporter
Janitoreihil: 3 Months of Supporter
n1doking: 1 Month of Supporter

Rules

1: 1 on 1 Taiko Match in team style format with a point given to the highest score.
2: Best of 5 for Group Stages, Best of 9 for Finals & Grand Finals, and Best of 7 for every other round.
3: Map pools will contain 7 NoMod, 3 HD, 3 HR, 3 DT, 3 FM, and 1 Tiebreaker.
4: Each Player is only allowed to pick once from each of the mod pools respectively.
5: You are allowed 1 map ban per match, this does not include the Tie-breaker.
6: Each player gets 1 warm-up map, if they wish to play one. A warm-up must be shorter than 4 minutes. If both players agree to one warm-up, the duration must be shorter than 7 minutes.
7: Roll is used to determine who will get the first pick and the first ban. The winner of roll will select the first map, whereas the loser will ban the first map.
8: Tiebreaker will be played if both players are 1 point away from winning. It will not be Free Mod.
9: Players will be seeded according to their global rank.
10: This tournament style is much like the World Cup, with a Group Stage followed by a knock-out structure with a loser bracket.
11: Only Players with a United States, Canadian, or Mexican flag on their account are allowed to register in this tournament.
12: In cases where a map results in a tie, the map is nullified and the player who picked said map will pick another. (In a tiebreaker, it will be played with free mod on, then DT if it results in another tie.
JDrago14
:) Finally another upcoming Taiko Tournament! I'll definitely be staying tuned for this!
Jaye
Can I join? c:

B^)
Topic Starter
Garpo
AUS is close to USA right?
Jaye

Garpo wrote:

Yea, we're so close we're anagrams.
Jonah

dajayeway wrote:

Garpo wrote:

Yea, we're so close we're anagrams.
classified as ASIA

*Jonah Runs
JarHed
How do i register 8-)
Topic Starter
Garpo
Dates have been added and Staff members have been updated!

Be sure to keep an eye on the thread for further updates if something changes!
Ulqui
Can I join? c:

:b
Topic Starter
Garpo
Sorry but No :a

This tournament is restricted to North America only.
You could host your own South American one though if you wished on your own terms!
Edgar_Figaro
As cool as it would be to join this tournament I think I am too much of a beginner in Taiko but I will definitely watch. Just wondering why only us, Canada, and Mexico? Technically Central America is considered part of North America.
Catgirl

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

As cool as it would be to join this tournament I think I am too much of a beginner in Taiko but I will definitely watch.
Even if you aren't very good, tournaments always end up being fun to play in, and I think you'll have fun regardless of the result!

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

Just wondering why only us, Canada, and Mexico? Technically Central America is considered part of North America.
There's very few active Taiko players in Central America and all of the small island countries/territories, and I think the main issue was communication. With that being said, if someone from one of those countries approaches saying they want in and would keep up with it, you can't really say no to them. But for now it's just US/Canada/Mexico because that's easier.
Shinsekai-
I WANT JOIN!!!
Topic Starter
Garpo
Sorry but what I said is final

UPDATE: I am without internet for an indefinite period of time. Things will go as planned though.
If the minimum of 24 registered players is not met by the 15th. It will be extended by a week.
Nightcrawler
Um, I'm pretty intimidated by this but I was told by a friend to join... What level of maps will be played? 6*?
amge

nightcrawler11 wrote:

Um, I'm pretty intimidated by this but I was told by a friend to join... What level of maps will be played? 6*?
"Map pools will be added a week before the matches in which they will be used."
Topic Starter
Garpo
bump

closed wrote:

"Map pools will be added a week before the matches in which they will be used."
The estimated difficulty will be around middle 4* maps and slightly higher. The difficulty will go up with each stage so be prepared to bring your all!

It looks like the registration date will be most likely pushed back due to not enough registered players, just a fair warning and prizes will be posted when I get further details pertaining to them.
Topic Starter
Garpo

STATUS UPDATE

Most Important News First: The registration phase has been pushed back a week due to an inefficient amount of Players registered. Be sure to get your last minute registrations in now. If we do not get 24 registered players by the 21st, registrations will be opened to South and Central america.

Prizes: The Staff are no longer giving out prizes for community tournaments but there will be supporter at minimum for the winners, look at the main post to see the exact prizes guaranteed.

Map pool: It is ready to be released at the same time as the groups and schedule are released.

Be sure to spread the word of this tournament!
Stevenrama
Congrats to N1doking on taking first place. :)
Shinsekai-
you know? I want participate too >:C
Topic Starter
Garpo

STATUS UPDATE

Registration: Since we've yet to read the minimum of 24 players, Registration will be opened up to Central and South America! Be sure to Forum PM me if you'd like to register and provide your time zone.
Topic Starter
Garpo

STATUS UPDATE

Registration: Registration has CLOSED as we have the minimum of 24 Players, I am closing it now for the sake of GS going as fluid as possible. Sorry to those who didn't make the cut but I had to make an executive decision for the tournament.

Map Pool: It will be released in the coming soon™ along with Group Stage groups!
Edgar_Figaro
Is this tournament going to be streamed? I'd love to watch it
Topic Starter
Garpo

STATUS UPDATE

Map Pool: The Map pool can be found here. Two of the Maps are DMCA'd so it would be smart to download the Map pack here.

Scheduling/Groups: The schedule can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns that you won't make your match. Forum PM me, groups are in the other tab. If there are times you CANNOT make due to work/etc every week, please tell me ahead of time (Like now would be an opportune time)

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

Is this tournament going to be streamed? I'd love to watch it
Yes, The entire tournament will be streamed on twitch (Which I have yet to create...)
karterfreak
Garpo any news on stream link?
Backfire

Tasha wrote:

Garpo any news on stream link?
We are likely using the TaikoWorldCupLMS stream :)
IControl
Gl to all the players! Unfortunately my pool was really tough and I didn't make it out. I had fun tho :)
Topic Starter
Garpo

STATUS UPDATE

Map Pool: The Map pool can be found here. For your convenience, we've made a place where you can download all the map at once. here.

Scheduling/Groups: The Schedule can be found here and bracket will be made eventually.

I'm happy with how the group stage went, although it could've been better. I hope you're happy with the map pool and good luck on the future rounds.
Topic Starter
Garpo

STATUS UPDATE

Map Pool: The Map pool can be found here. For your convenience, since one of the maps is DMCA'd. Please download the pack here.

Scheduling: The Schedule can be found here If there are any issues with the times, PM the player you're versus and find out a good time that both of you can show up to.

Sorry about not streaming the matches, I'm horrible at staying awake and passed out. I will try my best from now on to stream the matches.
Topic Starter
Garpo

STATUS UPDATE

Map Pool: The Map pool can be found here. I'll make a map pack eventually... when I wake up.

Scheduling: The Schedule can be found here. If there are any issues with making it to your match, be sure to notify me and the player you are versus and we will work something out.
Topic Starter
Garpo
Map Pool: The Map pool can be found here. A LOT of the maps are unsubmitted so I suggest using the map pack or download individually, up to you.

Scheduling: The schedule can be found on the front page.
Topic Starter
Garpo
Map Pool: The Map pool can be found here. The TB isn't exactly set in stone, if a better map is found hat map will be used instead.

Scheduling: Will be updated on the main page when made.
IControl
Garpo why D:
JDrago14

Hey everyone! Just wanted to make a short post here to let you guys know that the Final Battle of the North American Taiko Tournament is going to be starting in less than an hour from now! Join us here on Twitch as both Janitoreihil and Tasha, two of the greatest osu!taiko players from Canada, face off against each other as they compete in a series of some of the most brutal and difficult Taiko Maps that this Tournament has to offer; In the Ultimate Battle to determine who will become NATT's brand new osu!taiko Champion! The link to the Twitch Stream is on the front of the Forum Thread if you guys wanna know where to find it! Anyways, I hope to see you guys there in the Twitch Chat later! Let's have a fun time tonight guys and cheer these two on! :)
Topic Starter
Garpo
We have our winners!
In third place, it is the man who refused to play Final Pools: n1doking
In Second Place, Janitoreihil who made a valiant attempt
In First Place, Tasha: The ddkk player

Congratulations to all three of you.
We've all learned a valuable lesson today.... ddkk > kddk.

Thanks to all of the participants and all of the staff that made this possible. Its been a learning experience for me, I've learned a lot of the Do's and Don'ts for tournaments and about being prepared and showing up.

Thank you to Shiny for sponsoring the prizes for this event :v