Community Mapping Contest #1 Discussion and Questions

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
Yes, it would be an insane.
Bluekrait
What should we name our difficulties before submitting?
hannanos

Ephemeral wrote:

Yes, it would be an insane.
Does this rule also apply for the mania mode? So something that is 5.3* is an Extra by the game client, but is counted as an Insane for the purpose of this tournament?

The only reason why I'm checking up about this is because it is rather hard making a 5.5* map to this song for mania, while keeping it within the ranking criteria and making it enjoyable to play (probably not impossible, but I haven't figured out a way yet without overmapping some sections)
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
If the game considers it an Extra, it's an Extra. Vice versa for all the other modes as well.
lenpai
rip planned bms diff

threw in my map hoping for the best!
Yuuki Konno
Are "unrankable" maps allowed, such as the Aspirant winner Transform?
AKA: Do we have to follow the rules of a normal map?
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/484689 <-- Transform

Also, we are allowed to change the timing right? XD

Thanks,
~Yuuki
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
No, all maps must follow the Ranking Criteria as closely as possible. Minor violations are permitted for the sake of not having to vet every entry with a fine-toothed comb, but any issues with winning maps will be resolved in the post-contest modding as per a normal ranked map.

And yes, you are allowed to alter the timing if you wish. Just make certain that your alterations are (mostly) correct, or you may find it hard to get votes for your entry!
Topic Starter
Ephemeral

Bluekrait wrote:

What should we name our difficulties before submitting?
The respective name of their difficulty tier would be best. So 'Hard', 'Insane', etc.
N0thing
Hello,

I'm kinda confused. When are we supposed to hand the maps in? Because although the pages say 7th november I saw peppy saying that we have to hand it in on the 25th october which litterally is in 7 days.

Thank you for the contest anyways, my mapping skills have risen by x²
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
The pages will always have the correct date, so the 7th of November is what it is!

We bumped the date forward after we realized due to feedback from this thread that it wasn't really enough time.
Osuology
Are custom Extra names allowed? Or do we have to name extra difficulties "Extra"?
N0thing

Ephemeral wrote:

The pages will always have the correct date, so the 7th of November is what it is!

We bumped the date forward after we realized due to feedback from this thread that it wasn't really enough time.
wow thank you, I noticed it 19 days later and didn't think I'd be able to do it!

Thanks a lot for your trouble and help!
Kondou-Shinichi
Can we do any pre-contest modding?
MagicxMushroom
hey i downloaded the map and it didnt show any beatmap is there a thing i can do about this? :(
Topic Starter
Ephemeral

Osuology wrote:

Are custom Extra names allowed? Or do we have to name extra difficulties "Extra"?
Extra difficulties may be named things other than Extra - they'll just be assumed to be of the Extra tier if their SR is above 5.5 as mentioned previously.

You can name your difficulties whatever you want, really. If there's issues, we'll just ask for them to be changed during the compilation phase.
Canboi
Sorry for asking some question asking some useless question.
But does that means we need to submit all gamemode? Or we can just submit one?
And by the way, is collab accepted?

I want to join it but I can only make 1 gamemode ;3;
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
You can submit any difficulty tier you like for any gamemode - you don't have to make a full set if you don't want to.

The entire point of the contest is about giving people a choice. The people who map full sets obviously have higher chances of getting a winning entry because they've entered more things, especially if they're well-made.
_DT3

Kuo Kyoka wrote:

It was mentioned earlier, it IS divided. Different number of keys are different categories.

Another thing, it is impossible to map such song up to 5.5 star via 4k. (Why 5.5 when the icon turns X at 5.25 star? Also mentioned earler, because the contest rules said 5.5+ counts as X, lower dosent count.)
I still believed 5,25* is already extra to me and writer misreading somewhere else, if he had good explation or confirm about this so its fine, else I still follow RC

Easy: x < 1,5
Normal: 1,5 < x < 2,25
Hard: 2,25 < x < 3,75
Insane: 3,75 < x < 5,25
Extra: 5,25 < x

Also why follow star difficult? This system still broken and if someone push the map forward to be harder to get extra icon which would be really bad imo
I really have to agree with this
Because the easier difficulties will have a hard time actually staying under 1.5*/2.25* at this BPM level
Which leads me to this question: Is minor SR difference allowed? And if currently not, will there be a rule to change that?
Canboi

Ephemeral wrote:

You can submit any difficulty tier you like for any gamemode - you don't have to make a full set if you don't want to.

The entire point of the contest is about giving people a choice. The people who map full sets obviously have higher chances of getting a winning entry because they've entered more things, especially if they're well-made.
Oh wait, I have another question.
I just saw the question above me abouting naming the difficult.
Well, if I am not going to make an standard difficult, for example, if I made a taiko difficult, can I name it like 'Kantan' 'Futsuu' Muzukashii' Oni'? Or I have to name it 'Easy' 'Normal' 'Hard' 'Insane'?

BTW, thank you answering my question :D
ArtificialDj
I'm adding inherited timing sections in my beatmap due to me only being capable of "soundmapping". I also added another timing section at the beginning of the song because when I beatmap a song, I beatmap an entire song. Will my beatmap still be accepted?
stryver12

ArtificialDj wrote:

I'm adding inherited timing sections in my beatmap due to me only being capable of "soundmapping". I also added another timing section at the beginning of the song because when I beatmap a song, I beatmap an entire song. Will my beatmap still be accepted?
As long as the timing is correct, it should be fine.....
ArtificialDj
I need to know what parts I need to fix on my beatmap for it to be viable for entry in this contest.
Loctav
You know you are not supposed to share your entry publicly?
ArtificialDj

Loctav wrote:

I know, but if things on my beatmap make it not viable for entry, I'll need to know. I'll also remove the link as soon as I know if I have to fix anything.
Scratch that, I'll remove it as soon as I notice someone using the forum other than me and the author, which I just did.
ArtificialDj
I uploaded my map an hour ago.

Edit 1: Forgot fixing some things, doing it now.
Edit 2: Done.
Ohwow
Are custom backgrounds allowed? :D
DoNotMess

Loctav wrote:

even there are some charts leaked in osu and youtube already
DarkStoorM
By the way, did you fix the timing? I uploaded my difficulty like a month ago on the first version with +8ms, I hope that won't be a problem.
abraker
How are multiple versions of the same map treated? If I want to fix something, but already submitted, I don't want the wrong entry to be judged.
DoNotMess
just a reminder, 7th november. submission will be closed...
Bluekrait
How many hours left?
Shmiklak

Bluekrait wrote:

How many hours left?
I think no more hours.

When will voting open?
ArtificialDj
I am in tears. I just realized/saw that I hadn't put in Kiai mode effects in my beatmap...
Oh well, if it's possible. Set Kiai mode from 00:10:771 to 00:29:521 as well as from 01:27:571 to 02:05:371 on my beatmap.
Pituophis

M a r v o l l o wrote:

When will voting open?
Spicy Salsa
Very intrigued about the voting start as well. Please elaborate ^^
7ambda
I wonder if they forgot about this, or if they're still preparing the voting.
texasaboy1

F1r3tar wrote:

I wonder if they forgot about this, or if they're still preparing the voting.
Honestly at this point they probably forgot.
Spicy Salsa
Eh, it's been two weeks I'm sure they got tons of entries. Let's wait this one out in case something comes our way :)
Pituophis
Maybe they are waiting until OWC is over
Kimitakari
show more