forum

Community Mapping Contest #1 Discussion and Questions

posted
Total Posts
show more
Akasha-
Probably we need a fair vote
One from community if you wished
The other is just like old system, 3 or 4 or 5 . . . certain judgers will give final scores
First, its community vote is just not fair. Participants will found his/her chart in annoymous and ask people to vote it, and otherside 4K have good advantage because its the most popular keys which is not fair to other keys. Second, is spread should be E N H I or N H I X or E N H I X (or i can upload as many as I want?)

Third, can we allow custom hitsound? It would make the map more interested, just like Aspire allowed it along with storyboard too (ofc in this contest, these things won't effected much in judging things)
Thanks
lenpai

Kuo Kyoka wrote:

Probably we need a fair vote
One from community if you wished
The other is just like old system, 3 or 4 or 5 . . . certain judgers will give final scores
First, its community vote is just not fair. Participants will found his/her chart in annoymous and ask people to vote it, and otherside 4K have good advantage because its the most popular keys which is not fair to other keys. Second, is spread should be E N H I or N H I X or E N H I X (or i can upload as many as I want?)

Third, can we allow custom hitsound? It would make the map more interested, just like Aspire allowed it along with storyboard too (ofc in this contest, these things won't effected much in judging things)
Thanks

better backread. mania keycounts will be treated as individual and no. no custom hs is allowed

Ephemeral wrote:

Mania keycounts will be counted as individual sections for submission, so you can submit a full 4K, 5K, 6K set etc if you wished.

Custom hitsounds will not be allowed to keep the set congruent across multiple difficulties. You may be clever with using the existing sets, though.
one difficulty will be treated as a submission for that difficulty group so spread doesnt matter. Individual difficulties will be voted at least that's how i understand it. You can even just map an X or go for an E and X submission. The best map under a difficulty group will win, not spreads.

The point of this competition is to have a community vote so the winner will not always be the objectively best chart
------------------

would really appreciate to know if the submissions can break the RC
Frim4503
just wondering
we can't do custom hs, so we will use sample hs ? like W,C,F ?
also, this will be hard for anti meta key like 5k and 6k. cuz people will probbaly play 7k and 4k.
stryver12

Frim4503 wrote:

just wondering
we can't do custom hs, so we will use sample hs ? like W,C,F ?
also, this will be hard for anti meta key like 5k and 6k. cuz people will probbaly play 7k and 4k.
1. Yep, pretty much. Make a good use of default Normal, Soft, Drum sets.
2. 5k and 6k still have higher hope imo compared to 8K and 9K....
Vovan
Hi, I've some questions :

1- The maps need to follow the Ranking Criteria ?

2- Custom Hitsounds aren't allowed... But storyboards are allowed or not ?

3- Are Collabs diffs allowed ? (I think no but It's better to ask.)

4- The same mapper can win at 2 diffs ? (or more ?)

Thanks in advance :3
Supairo

Lexis wrote:

Hi, I've some questions :
1- The maps need to follow the Ranking Criteria ?
2- Custom Hitsounds aren't allowed... But storyboards are allowed or not ?
3- Are Collabs diffs allowed ? (I think no but It's better to ask.)
4- The same mapper can win at 2 diffs ? (or more ?)
Thanks in advance :3

1-I'm sure you need to follow the ranking criteria. You don't want unplayable maps, do you?
2-That's an interesting question.
3-

Ephemeral wrote:

The person who submits the difficulty gets credited, though collab difficulties may be extended to have the other participants either storyboarded in, or added to the metadata tags as well.
4-This could be a possibility. We'll see how it goes.
Izzz
it wasn't really clear when the contest concludes, when would I have to finish mapping by?
Frim4503

Joezapy wrote:

it wasn't really clear when the contest concludes, when would I have to finish mapping by?
the contest isn't start yet.
see the first page.
we are still discus it in this thread to have a fair constest
Ohwow
Do the winning maps still go through the modding process to make it better before it gets ranked? Or nah?
Akasha-

Ohwow wrote:

Do the winning maps still go through the modding process to make it better before it gets ranked? Or nah?
of course.

Also If you willing to give this a chance with community vote, I would suggest to have 3-4 certain judgers (just like taiko mascot votes) so It would be much fair
Else just like other MBC I would say
m i l r
Can I upload contest beatmap now?
Supairo

Milr wrote:

Not yet. Come back to this page within the following week.

And only now do I notice there's a grammatical error at "current" when it should be currently. xD
m i l r

koopa712 wrote:

Milr wrote:

Not yet. Come back to this page within the following week.

And only now do I notice there's a grammatical error at "current" when it should be currently. xD
thanks very much :D
Amethyst507
Is "EXTRA" diffuculty strictly set on 5.5 star level in every game mode including mania?
Pituophis
there's gonna be a ton of extra submissions for standard lol
Amethyst507
yea i seen that

as for mania, it's quite impossible to make it to 5.5 stars, mine is like totally impossible to win but it is just right for the contest at 5,5+
DoNotMess

Amethyst507 wrote:

yea i seen that

as for mania, it's quite impossible to make it to 5.5 stars, mine is like totally impossible to win but it is just right for the contest at 5,5+
Evening is on it
Akasha-

Amethyst507 wrote:

Is "EXTRA" diffuculty strictly set on 5.5 star level in every game mode including mania?
Already extra when your diff is >5,25*
Also yes.
5.5- would be enough for me.
Sonnyc
A little question regarding the portion of the commuity voting; is the winner selected 100% based on the community voting, or are there some internal discussions too?
Amethyst507
The question is..
One of the information given in the contest rules is maps are treated as extra only when the diff reaches 5.5 or above.
Mania at 5.5+ is very insane and i think it is a good idea to reduce the star difficulty condition for mania (only)
Amethyst507

DoNotMess wrote:

Evening is on it
I made all the SVs myself, the background and everything lolz, he has done nothing to my map once.

I was gonna ask evening how was it but nvm that
stryver12

Amethyst507 wrote:

DoNotMess wrote:

Evening is on it
I made all the SVs myself, the background and everything lolz, he has done nothing to my map once.

I was gonna ask evening how was it but nvm that
@Amethyst I don't think this is the place to discuss that....
Shionia-Chan
inb4 nobody vote for less popular key on mania,
as for advice to have a fairly fair vote, i suggest each user that want to participate the vote should vote for whole difficulty on the selected gamemode.

let say~ im gonna vote for 4k
i should vote for easy normal hard insane extra which submission is the best of course without knowing the mapper

Plus, it is best to divide 4 5 6 7 8 9 key as different category of mania.
of course we do not want to see X key win because X is more popular and majority vote goes there leaving all other key left behind unfair.
As result, it is better to have winner of each key category than only X key win over the other~
nyawnnn~
Amethyst507

Shionia-Chan wrote:

inb4 nobody vote for less popular key on mania,
as for advice to have a fairly fair vote, i suggest each user that want to participate the vote should vote for whole difficulty on the selected gamemode.

let say~ im gonna vote for 4k
i should vote for easy normal hard insane extra which submission is the best of course without knowing the mapper

Plus, it is best to divide 4 5 6 7 8 9 key as different category of mania.
of course we do not want to see X key win because X is more popular and majority vote goes there leaving all other key left behind unfair.
As result, it is better to have winner of each key category than only X key win over the other~
nyawnnn~
It was mentioned earlier, it IS divided. Different number of keys are different categories.

Another thing, it is impossible to map such song up to 5.5 star via 4k. (Why 5.5 when the icon turns X at 5.25 star? Also mentioned earler, because the contest rules said 5.5+ counts as X, lower dosent count.)
Exodrive Elegy
excuse me.
how to enter into the contest beatmap?
Neo Adonis

Exodrive Elegy wrote:

excuse me.
how to enter into the contest beatmap?
You will from https://new.ppy.sh/community/contests/3, but at the moment submission isn't open yet. You'll have to wait for more specific details, also.
-Hanashi-
Does "as represented by star rating in the game client" mean that if I'm going to make a standard easy it has to be strictly 1.5 stars or below?
Exodrive Elegy
OK...Thanks
chainpullz

Pituophis wrote:

there's gonna be a ton of extra submissions for standard lol
I wonder how many of them will be by rlc. :? :? :? :? :?
Akasha-
It was mentioned earlier, it IS divided. Different number of keys are different categories.

Another thing, it is impossible to map such song up to 5.5 star via 4k. (Why 5.5 when the icon turns X at 5.25 star? Also mentioned earler, because the contest rules said 5.5+ counts as X, lower dosent count.)
I still believed 5,25* is already extra to me and writer misreading somewhere else, if he had good explation or confirm about this so its fine, else I still follow RC

Easy: x < 1,5
Normal: 1,5 < x < 2,25
Hard: 2,25 < x < 3,75
Insane: 3,75 < x < 5,25
Extra: 5,25 < x

Also why follow star difficult? This system still broken and if someone push the map forward to be harder to get extra icon which would be really bad imo
Shionia-Chan
i c
tq for the clarification~
yup, hopefully it will be a good contest
dionzz99
are hitsounds required?
i'm kinda lazy on doing hitsounds
Amethyst507

dionzz99 wrote:

are hitsounds required?
i'm kinda lazy on doing hitsounds
You can apply hitsounds if you like imo
Like Epherwhat? said, custom hitsounds are prohibited, so use default hitsounds instead.
Kimitakari

BOI
Diva Days

i just wait for judge fast..

honestly, who want my map lol
play rainworld

last place here we go
Kradfiz
So if I had a 5.42* submission, should it be Insane or Extra?

The rules say to follow the in game rating, but also that at 5.5*+, it becomes Extra, so what about the region in between 5.25 and 5.5?
Diva Days

Kradfiz wrote:

The rules say to follow the in game rating, but also that at 5.5*+, it becomes Extra, so what about the region in between 5.25 and 5.5?
idk.... but i think u can try both but only one diff

5.4 > insane O
5.4 > Extra O

5.4 > Insane,Extra X

5.3 > Insane O / 5.4 > Extra O

5.4 > Insane / 5.3 > Extra X
7ambda

Kradfiz wrote:

5.25-5.5 also falls under extra since the rules specifically state that difficulty tiers follow exactly by star rating.

I'm guessing they mean you can only submit ENHIX, so if you have a 6 or 7* diff (don't know why they stated 5.5 as a minimum value), you can't submit more lower star diffs in order to keep a consistent difficulty gap. If you have a high star last diff, that'll be your extra.
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
I've updated the OP with answers to a few of the pressing questions posted.
show more