forum

Community Mapping Contest #1 Discussion and Questions

posted
Total Posts
show more
Supairo

Amethyst507 wrote:

Do we have to submit the contest map on a special page for the contest or just submit like every normal map.
According to the announcement, "Submissions will open at the beatmapping contest portal page within the week." This is most likely where you'll need to submit your diff.

Also, repeating a previous question that hasn't been answered, will all keycounts for osu!mania (e.g. 4K & 7K) count as different modes? Or is only one keycount accepted (like in Renatus who only has 7K) ?
Amethyst507

koopa712 wrote:

Also, repeating a previous question that hasn't been answered, will all keycounts for osu!mania (e.g. 4K & 7K) count as different modes? Or is only one keycount accepted (like in Renatus who only has 7K) ?
I guess 4k and 7k is count as 2 individual, based on the ranking criteria
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
Mania keycounts will be counted as individual sections for submission, so you can submit a full 4K, 5K, 6K set etc if you wished.

Custom hitsounds will not be allowed to keep the set congruent across multiple difficulties. You may be clever with using the existing sets, though.
DraciuZ
Here is the simulation of this contest :
i am certain it will turns out to be something like this
but

are you sure?

Osu!Standard :
-Easy > Winner : UnknownUser(HH)
-Normal > Winner : EZMapper-(AAC)
-Hard > Winner : VeteranGuy(FGD)
-Insane > Winner : D(r)umbass
-Extra > Winner : ETMapper(XY)

Taiko :
-Kantan > Winner : EZMapper-(KD)
-Futsuu > Winner : D(r)umbass
-Muzukashii > Winner : VeteranGuy(FGD)
-Oni > Winner : ETMapper(TK)
-Inner Oni > Winner : EZMapper-(AAC)

CatchTheBeat :
-Cup > Winner : CTBMasta(GOD)
-Salad > Winner : CTBMasta(GOD)
-Platter > Winner : CTBMasta(GOD)
-Rain > winner : CTBMasta(GOD)
-Overdose > Winner : EzMapper-(AAC)

Osu!Mania :

OSU!MANIA !!!!!! :

-EZ > Winner : 4KGuy(A)
-NM > Winner : 4KGuy(A)
-HD > Winner : CTBMasta(GOD)
-IN > Winner : 4KGuy(A)
-EX > Winner : 4KGuy(A)

-EZ > Winner : 5KChick(B)
-NM > Winner : 9KDude(F)
-HD > Winner : 9KDude(F)
-IN > Winner : 5KChick(B)
-EX > Winner : 5KChick(B)

-EZ > Winner : UnknownUser(HH)
-NM > Winner : 6Kzzz(C)
-HD > Winner : 6Kzzz(C)
-IN > Winner : CTBMasta(GOD)
-EX > Winner : 6Kzzz(C)

-EZ > Winner : 7KGuy(D)
-HD > Winner : 4KGuy(A)
-IN > Winner : 9KDude(F)
-EX > Winner : 7KGuy(D)

-EZ > Winner : 8KLady(E)
-NM > Winner : CTBMasta(GOD)
-HD > Winner : 8KLady(E)
-IN > Winner : 8KLady(E)
-EX > Winner : 8KLady(E)

-EZ > Winner : CTBMasta(GOD)
-IN > Winner : UnknownUser(HH)
-EX > Winner : 9KDude(F)

Let us take example on random user i called "CTBMasta(GOD)"
that user wins 8 times out of 2 gamemode

is this contest turns out to be like this? i did not see any problem
but it seems it will be lots of trouble for osu!mania category

Thank you for reading.
Muu-chan

Ephemeral wrote:

Mania keycounts will be counted as individual sections for submission, so you can submit a full 4K, 5K, 6K set etc if you wished.

Custom hitsounds will not be allowed to keep the set congruent across multiple difficulties. You may be clever with using the existing sets, though.
Nice, just a question.. is any key allowed? I mean from 1 - 10k, include the co-op..
Thanks so much
Aras
so the map should be HS-ed without using custom HS? hmmmm
is it okay for un HS-ed map to join the fray?
lenpai

Ephemeral wrote:

Mania keycounts will be counted as individual sections for submission, so you can submit a full 4K, 5K, 6K set etc if you wished

this just made my day
Asaiga
I would like to ask about usage of custom hitsound as well.
And do difficulties like Beginner, Medium, Hyper etc. counted? Like some people's maps might fall under these categories.
Supairo

Asaiga wrote:

I would like to ask about usage of custom hitsound as well.
And do difficulties like Beginner, Medium, Hyper etc. counted? Like some people's maps might fall under these categories.

Ephemeral wrote:

That answers the first question.

For the difficulties, only the usual ENHIX set will be accepted. That means Beginner will be considered as an Easy, Medium to Normal, Hyper to Hard, etc., depending on the Star Rating. They will most likely be renamed to the appropriate gamemode difficulty name (as seen here). Of course, with the one map per diff rule, that means if you do a "Hyper" diff falling under the Hard diff tier, you can't make a Hard diff for the same gamemode.
MBomb
"To clarify, difficulty tiers are represented by the standard range of difficulty - Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane, Extra as represented by star rating in the game client." Does this apply to all modes? Because for example, as a ctb mapper, the star rating system is not very accurate, and for a song of this bpm, an N icon cup and H icon salad would be very common, due to this, so this could cause a lot of issues with submissions. I know that this can apply to some other modes as well.
OsuAndGHWOR
Yo, I've been wanting to enter and am confused about the difficulty rules.

I only have one question to ask, and may be easy to answer.
Am I allowed to do one difficulty for my entry? I know it says "You don't have to submit an entry for every difficulty you do.", but I only want to do one difficulty then submit my entry. The reason is I'm too lazy to map another difficulty, and have time only for one difficulty.

Thanks
~Osu

And I suck at mapping and only my best map is It's Raining Somewhere Else. I don't expect to win XD
Frostings
Who's going to dictate whether a submission is valid or not? What happens if an Aspire-style map gets the most votes?
Also if this gets 100 submissions, how can you ensure people are gonna bother voting at all, let alone voting fairly?
Supairo

OsuAndGHWOR wrote:

Yo, I've been wanting to enter and am confused about the difficulty rules.

I only have one question to ask, and may be easy to answer.
Am I allowed to do one difficulty for my entry? I know it says "You don't have to submit an entry for every difficulty you do.", but I only want to do one difficulty then submit my entry. The reason is I'm too lazy to map another difficulty, and have time only for one difficulty.

Thanks
~Osu

And I suck at mapping and only my best map is It's Raining Somewhere Else. I don't expect to win XD
Of course you can do only one difficulty. "You are not required to submit an entry for each difficulty tier if you do not want to. You may skip tiers completely, but you may only ever submit one of each tier."

Frostings wrote:

Who's going to dictate whether a submission is valid or not? What happens if an Aspire-style map gets the most votes?
Also if this gets 100 submissions, how can you ensure people are gonna bother voting at all, let alone voting fairly?
I'm sure the classic Ranking Criteria is gonna kick in. And I think it will be advertised ont the Main Menu. After that, it will be the player's choice to choose to vote or not. As for fairness, we can't really know. All the names will be hidden, but we don't know if it will be enough.
stryver12
What happens when a diff tier for a specific mode only has 1 submission? For example... 7k easy has only 1 submission. Will it be ignored or bundled when it surpasses certain amount of votes?
lenpai

stryver12 wrote:

What happens when a diff tier for a specific mode only has 1 submission? For example... 7k easy has only 1 submission. Will it be ignored or bundled when it surpasses certain amount of votes?
this. though the issue will be more likely to happen to anti meta keycounts. I guess merging anti meta as one category if this happens is a probable option.
DoNotMess
we should hitsound this by ourself? :<
BlueGenesis

Frostings wrote:

True. I think it will be hard to have fair vote.

DraciuZ wrote:

Here is the simulation of this contest :
i am certain it will turns out to be something like this
but

are you sure?

Osu!Standard :
-Easy > Winner : UnknownUser(HH)
-Normal > Winner : EZMapper-(AAC)
-Hard > Winner : VeteranGuy(FGD)
-Insane > Winner : D(r)umbass
-Extra > Winner : ETMapper(XY)

Taiko :
-Kantan > Winner : EZMapper-(KD)
-Futsuu > Winner : D(r)umbass
-Muzukashii > Winner : VeteranGuy(FGD)
-Oni > Winner : ETMapper(TK)
-Inner Oni > Winner : EZMapper-(AAC)

CatchTheBeat :
-Cup > Winner : CTBMasta(GOD)
-Salad > Winner : CTBMasta(GOD)
-Platter > Winner : CTBMasta(GOD)
-Rain > winner : CTBMasta(GOD)
-Overdose > Winner : EzMapper-(AAC)

Osu!Mania :

OSU!MANIA !!!!!! :

-EZ > Winner : 4KGuy(A)
-HD > Winner : CTBMasta(GOD)
-IN > Winner : 4KGuy(A)
-EX > Winner : 4KGuy(A)

-EZ > Winner : 5KChick(B)
-HD > Winner : 9KDude(F)
-IN > Winner : 5KChick(B)
-EX > Winner : 5KChick(B)

-EZ > Winner : UnknownUser(HH)
-NM > Winner : 6Kzzz(C)
-HD > Winner : 6Kzzz(C)
-IN > Winner : CTBMasta(GOD)
-EX > Winner : 6Kzzz(C)

-EZ > Winner : 7KGuy(D)
-HD > Winner : 4KGuy(A)
-IN > Winner : 9KDude(F)
-EX > Winner : 7KGuy(D)

-EZ > Winner : 8KLady(E)
-NM > Winner : CTBMasta(GOD)
-IN > Winner : 8KLady(E)
-EX > Winner : 8KLady(E)

-EZ > Winner : CTBMasta(GOD)
-IN > Winner : UnknownUser(HH)
-EX > Winner : 9KDude(F)

Let us take example on random user i called "CTBMasta(GOD)"
that user wins 8 times out of 2 gamemode

is this contest turns out to be like this? i did not see any problem
but it seems it will be lots of trouble for osu!mania category.

What about this? Why not restrict keymode to only 4 and 7 as major popularity. I doubt other key will have a 'fair' voting upon this category.
Akasha-
Probably we need a fair vote
One from community if you wished
The other is just like old system, 3 or 4 or 5 . . . certain judgers will give final scores
First, its community vote is just not fair. Participants will found his/her chart in annoymous and ask people to vote it, and otherside 4K have good advantage because its the most popular keys which is not fair to other keys. Second, is spread should be E N H I or N H I X or E N H I X (or i can upload as many as I want?)

Third, can we allow custom hitsound? It would make the map more interested, just like Aspire allowed it along with storyboard too (ofc in this contest, these things won't effected much in judging things)
Thanks
lenpai

Kuo Kyoka wrote:

Probably we need a fair vote
One from community if you wished
The other is just like old system, 3 or 4 or 5 . . . certain judgers will give final scores
First, its community vote is just not fair. Participants will found his/her chart in annoymous and ask people to vote it, and otherside 4K have good advantage because its the most popular keys which is not fair to other keys. Second, is spread should be E N H I or N H I X or E N H I X (or i can upload as many as I want?)

Third, can we allow custom hitsound? It would make the map more interested, just like Aspire allowed it along with storyboard too (ofc in this contest, these things won't effected much in judging things)
Thanks

better backread. mania keycounts will be treated as individual and no. no custom hs is allowed

Ephemeral wrote:

one difficulty will be treated as a submission for that difficulty group so spread doesnt matter. Individual difficulties will be voted at least that's how i understand it. You can even just map an X or go for an E and X submission. The best map under a difficulty group will win, not spreads.

The point of this competition is to have a community vote so the winner will not always be the objectively best chart
------------------

would really appreciate to know if the submissions can break the RC
Frim4503
just wondering
we can't do custom hs, so we will use sample hs ? like W,C,F ?
also, this will be hard for anti meta key like 5k and 6k. cuz people will probbaly play 7k and 4k.
stryver12

Frim4503 wrote:

just wondering
we can't do custom hs, so we will use sample hs ? like W,C,F ?
also, this will be hard for anti meta key like 5k and 6k. cuz people will probbaly play 7k and 4k.
1. Yep, pretty much. Make a good use of default Normal, Soft, Drum sets.
2. 5k and 6k still have higher hope imo compared to 8K and 9K....
Vovan
Hi, I've some questions :

1- The maps need to follow the Ranking Criteria ?

2- Custom Hitsounds aren't allowed... But storyboards are allowed or not ?

3- Are Collabs diffs allowed ? (I think no but It's better to ask.)

4- The same mapper can win at 2 diffs ? (or more ?)

Thanks in advance :3
Supairo

Lexis wrote:

Hi, I've some questions :
1- The maps need to follow the Ranking Criteria ?
2- Custom Hitsounds aren't allowed... But storyboards are allowed or not ?
3- Are Collabs diffs allowed ? (I think no but It's better to ask.)
4- The same mapper can win at 2 diffs ? (or more ?)
Thanks in advance :3

1-I'm sure you need to follow the ranking criteria. You don't want unplayable maps, do you?
2-That's an interesting question.
3-

Ephemeral wrote:

The person who submits the difficulty gets credited, though collab difficulties may be extended to have the other participants either storyboarded in, or added to the metadata tags as well.
4-This could be a possibility. We'll see how it goes.
Izzz
it wasn't really clear when the contest concludes, when would I have to finish mapping by?
Frim4503

Joezapy wrote:

it wasn't really clear when the contest concludes, when would I have to finish mapping by?
the contest isn't start yet.
see the first page.
we are still discus it in this thread to have a fair constest
Ohwow
Do the winning maps still go through the modding process to make it better before it gets ranked? Or nah?
Akasha-

Ohwow wrote:

Do the winning maps still go through the modding process to make it better before it gets ranked? Or nah?
of course.

Also If you willing to give this a chance with community vote, I would suggest to have 3-4 certain judgers (just like taiko mascot votes) so It would be much fair
Else just like other MBC I would say
m i l r
Can I upload contest beatmap now?
Supairo

Milr wrote:

Not yet. Come back to this page within the following week.

And only now do I notice there's a grammatical error at "current" when it should be currently. xD
m i l r

koopa712 wrote:

Milr wrote:

Not yet. Come back to this page within the following week.

And only now do I notice there's a grammatical error at "current" when it should be currently. xD
thanks very much :D
Amethyst507
Is "EXTRA" diffuculty strictly set on 5.5 star level in every game mode including mania?
Pituophis
there's gonna be a ton of extra submissions for standard lol
Amethyst507
yea i seen that

as for mania, it's quite impossible to make it to 5.5 stars, mine is like totally impossible to win but it is just right for the contest at 5,5+
DoNotMess

Amethyst507 wrote:

yea i seen that

as for mania, it's quite impossible to make it to 5.5 stars, mine is like totally impossible to win but it is just right for the contest at 5,5+
Evening is on it
Akasha-

Amethyst507 wrote:

Is "EXTRA" diffuculty strictly set on 5.5 star level in every game mode including mania?
Already extra when your diff is >5,25*
Also yes.
5.5- would be enough for me.
Sonnyc
A little question regarding the portion of the commuity voting; is the winner selected 100% based on the community voting, or are there some internal discussions too?
Amethyst507
The question is..
One of the information given in the contest rules is maps are treated as extra only when the diff reaches 5.5 or above.
Mania at 5.5+ is very insane and i think it is a good idea to reduce the star difficulty condition for mania (only)
Amethyst507

DoNotMess wrote:

Evening is on it
I made all the SVs myself, the background and everything lolz, he has done nothing to my map once.

I was gonna ask evening how was it but nvm that
stryver12

Amethyst507 wrote:

DoNotMess wrote:

Evening is on it
I made all the SVs myself, the background and everything lolz, he has done nothing to my map once.

I was gonna ask evening how was it but nvm that
@Amethyst I don't think this is the place to discuss that....
Shionia-Chan
inb4 nobody vote for less popular key on mania,
as for advice to have a fairly fair vote, i suggest each user that want to participate the vote should vote for whole difficulty on the selected gamemode.

let say~ im gonna vote for 4k
i should vote for easy normal hard insane extra which submission is the best of course without knowing the mapper

Plus, it is best to divide 4 5 6 7 8 9 key as different category of mania.
of course we do not want to see X key win because X is more popular and majority vote goes there leaving all other key left behind unfair.
As result, it is better to have winner of each key category than only X key win over the other~
nyawnnn~
show more