hi can you dq for the following reasons:
Applied, roseus update the map
Sinnoh wrote:hi can you dq for the following reasons:
No change, my style is gay
Paranoid Grapes wrote:Applied, roseus update the map
Sinnoh wrote:hi can you dq for the following reasons:
you should mod catch more
Trynna wrote:map is pretty good in every aspects over all diffs, great job! but i'd like to drop some feedback here about grapes' diff. Not talking as a pro catch modder, since i'm more like std nowadays
- Actually, it looked like on the first section you were following the vocal, but in a simplified way, which can be clearly recognized by patterns as 00:02:159 (4,5) - or 00:04:481 (3,4) -. Though, at the end of the section you put a reverse that sounds out of place (for the idea used on the section initially, of course). 00:08:352 (1) - this slider follow the vocal accurately, when the others didn't, and it's pretty weird to receive this kind of feedback randomly. i see your point but i think its fine here as the vocalist is starting to say something new and i decided to emphasize it as i think its the most dominant part of the song. also you can def hear vocals during the repeat
- secondly, i'd like to understand why this jump on 00:11:449 (1,2) - is so rough when on the whole section it is pretty simple overall. It looks pretty different when you compare to 00:10:288 (1,2) -, i mean, not that changing spacing is bad, but that much is kinda unexpected for this level and frustrating i dont think the jump here is bad, as it follows the music which is much louder on this note.
- 00:49:772 (1,2) - these are really unaccurate when it comes to the vocal, it doesn't have some sound on the red tick for sure, and it's pretty eeh to hear when playing. Other diffs used sliders/something else to fit the instrumental instead, but since your diff uses a bit of simplification, i'd recommend a slider till 00:50:159 - and it should be fine. Otherwise, you'd need to put it on a better timing, but isn't really necessary imo. you right
- About the NCs on the kiai, I understand that you've tried to keep emphasis on the vocal, so your choice was to put something close to the downbeats but not exactly on them. But I still think you should do something about it 01:11:836 (3) -. You usually used 2 downbeats per NC section on kiais, though this one uses 3 01:07:191 -. 01:08:933 (4,5) - this section has a vocal pause, such things that you used as basis to your NCing, but still nothing was done here. The places you put the finish should receive more emphasis, so something should be done close to this one 01:11:836 (3) - aswell, but since you used 3 downbeats on the last, here you needed to use 3 again, and having it done wronly is akward imo.uhh i guess ill put a nc at 01:11:836 , i dont really know what you want me to do.
- 01:18:417 (5,1) - I don't really think this jump should be a thing. Like, it's even larger than the kiai ones. After the kiai you usually don't expect such a jump like this, and the note itself doesn't have such a sound to receive that emphasis. Though I understand the large spacing was to show people that these two section are splitted and have no relation to each other, but I am still not happy with this. 01:23:062 (5,1) - doesn't look so massive though, and it's pretty the same thing as the kiai anyways.reduced
good luck on ranking! beautiful song tho
osu file format v14
Title:syncretism animesize ver.
TitleUnicode:syncretism animesize ver.
Tags:yaoi bl boys love ending theme ED studio deen ova Paranoid Grapes
//Background and Video events
//Storyboard Layer 0 (Background)
//Storyboard Layer 1 (Fail)
//Storyboard Layer 2 (Pass)
//Storyboard Layer 3 (Foreground)
//Storyboard Sound Samples
Combo1 : 181,106,255
Combo2 : 255,145,200
Combo3 : 181,106,106
I agree with Grapes, so no change on last suggestion
Paranoid Grapes wrote:i think the ncs are fine there as the vocals are extreemly similar from what i can tell and i dont like creating small combo values less than 3 in low diffs as it can be a bit distracting to have.
yes, but don't worry, it could be rebubbled and requalified quicly, just waiting for the mapper.
BoberOfDarkness wrote:Well small snapping issue is enough for popping the bubble?
-Sh1n1- wrote:Hey I'm here for free kds haha, naa joke I just want to throw some suggestions before this is qualified again, I was thinking on it after the DQ post but time killed me, I hope it's not late yet, the map itself is pure love <3, just some things that might improve the map or just to keep in mind and apply on your next projects, let's start. Someone else is giving you kudosu because I'm too spiteful right now to do so
- Snapping on some places like: 00:14:159 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - ( example of platter but Rain have the same problem.), should be re-checked imo, 1/6 is until 00:14:352 -, then 00:14:481 (7) - should be 1/8 at 00:14:449 -, like this, I suck at snapping so I asked to Nardoxyribonucleic (QAT) and he told me that this kind of snapping could be difficult so symplifying into 1/6 could work too, but I think that ctb needs perfectly snap cause you will probably catch everything without moving the catcher so I prefer to know what JBH and Sc4 think about it, that's why I'm not popping the bubble, also most of then are unsnapped by -1 like 00:32:932 (5) - or 00:33:061 (7) - but -1 is meh haha, the main problem is the first thing mentioned above. It's 1/6, this can't even be argued. a -1 offset difference is not enough reason to DQ when it sounds in time when playing
- 00:02:739 (5,1) - this jump at beginning could be unconfortable, specially cause this is the calmest part of the song that's why I think that you could avoid jumps at least on this section, I suggest you to reduce the distance a bit.
- 00:07:965 (6,1,2,3) - wow this transition is kinda hard tbh, first of all, the sudden antiflow between 00:07:965 (6,1) -, then the movement, more than 5 zigzags for a lower diff is "hard", also I'm still asking me, why 00:08:352 (1,2) - have more distance than 00:08:933 (2,3) - if the strongest sound is on 00:09:127 - ?
- 00:19:191 (3,1) - wow, an overenphasized jump, 00:19:578 - vs 00:38:159 -, wich is stronger for you? that's why I wanna suggest you to reduce the distance between 00:19:191 (3,1) -around 2.50x
- 00:19:578 (1,2) - and 00:21:901 (1,2) - vs 00:28:868 (1,2) - 00:31:191 (1,2) - I still don't understand what are following, vocal or instrumental? keep consistency please.
- where is the difference between 00:47:449 (1,2) - and 00:49:772 (1,2) -? I mean, why did you added a jump on 00:49:772 (1,2) -?
- 00:53:256 (4,5,6) - decrease the distance between each note, a normal transition of 1.50x is kinda ambiguos, keep this kind of transitions for kiai.
- 00:54:997 (2) - could be cut on 00:55:385 -, the sound of 00:55:578 - deserve a note / normal transition / why not a little jump? up to you, but it's necessary imo cause you are following instruments, you are not following vocal cause vocal is finishing around 00:56:256 -.
- aren't you skipping sounds on 01:15:901 - and 01:16:288 -? following your previous patterns on 00:37:385 - I feel that you should enphasize those drums, also cup have a note on 01:15:901 -, that isn't good for spread.
- 00:02:739 (5,1) - Unnecessary hyperdash imo, your intro is probably the calmest part of the song, hyperdash only to enphasize vocal is not a good option tbh. I've argued this multiple times already. I'm mapping the vocal mostly and the vocal is strong enough here to warrant a hyper. No change
- 00:14:159 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - the thing about snapping but... is it neccessary to follow those low sounds in a platter diff? It's ok for Rain but I'm not sure if platter diff should follow such sounds, at least remove 00:32:997 (6,7) - to mark the difference between platter and rain, currently platter have a 7plet while rain have 5-plet (Thanks to Benny- for notice me about it), 1/6 on a platter diff is not a good option tbh, so I recommend you to symplify your patterns. Removed 1 note
- remove 00:55:642 (4,5,6) - and start your spinner on 00:55:965 - as you did on 01:24:610 (1,1) - No, there's still 1/2 spacing between the spinner so its rankable and follows the 1/6 sounds.
- 00:50:933 (1,2) - unnecessary hyperdash, there isn't a prominent sound at 00:51:449 - that deserve a hyperdash, keep in mind that is not the same as 00:45:707 (2,1,2,3,4,5) - cause there is a strong sound at 00:46:288 -, also 00:50:933 (1) - could finish at 00:51:127 - to follow you 1/8 propertly since 00:51:320 -, or at least something like 00:32:352 (1,2,3,4,5,6) -, I'm just giving you suggestions, the last decision is yours. There is no 1/8th in this song, the hyper emphasizes the drum sound there so no.
- 01:16:288 (4,1,2) - I know what kind of pattern you are trying to to at 01:16:481 (1,2,3,4,1,2) -, trust me, it happened to me too whith my last ranked map (long time ago.... orz) but you don't forget, that there is a transition between one section to another, also 01:16:481 - is an stronger sound, feels really weird that you didn't add a hyperdash between 01:16:288 (4,1) -. There is no room to put a hyper here and delay my map further. I was told to remove the hyper there earlier due to overmap, so no.
- 01:20:739 (7,8,1,2) - you can feel how weird is this transition at testplay, I recommend you add an antijump between 01:21:127 (1,2) -, you can press ctrl+h to 01:20:739 (7,8,1) - and replace to a similar axis, around x:384. There is no sound there for a dash, so no
That's all from me!, best of lucks!, if you need rebubble or qualify, you can call me too, I'll try to become more active, nice map <3
Benny- wrote:just passing by cause Sh1n1 made me look at it and it catched my interest
The general snapping issue can be fixed by having 1/6 5plets and not 7plets, at least that sounds a lot better than the current snapping. Only changed on 1 pattern
Regarding Platter, it would be much better with a simplified rhythm on the 1/6 parts, the ticks are pretty faint and mapping them feels a bit too much. Especially on places like this 00:36:997 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) - where the drums are building up, the drums get kind of forgotten because of the stream so it would be much better with 1/2's I'm keeping the 1/6
Another thing I'd like to bring up is in rain; 00:54:804 (2,3,4,5,6) - I can't really see what the slider end is snapped to, would be better snapped to the red tick 00:55:385 - and imo would the 1/6 feel weird when unmapped beats on 00:55:836 - 00:55:965 - so maybe put the spinner further back?
Wouldn't that break my consistency with all diffs to do that though? I'll do it but it wont look pretty
that's all from me
Okay, please tell me everything everything was found before I McFreakin' lose it
JBHyperion wrote:The 1/6 rhythm usage on Platter was one of the things that made it really unique and got me interested in the mapset in the first place. Whilst I can see the point of contention that some could be toned down (the example Sh1n1 gave is a good one, since it's at the start of the diff and the 1/2 guitar is quite distinct there in the otherwise calm section), removing it entirely in favour of more 1/2 patterns takes away from the map's character.
In response to Sh1n1's concerns regarding the 1/6 or 1/8, I don't notice any rhythm swing that would justify a switch between the two. A continuous 1/6 pattern makes more sense musically and visually during play - however this point may be nullified if you decide to make any of the changes mentioned above.
00:54:804 (2) - in Rain, however should end on the red tick at 00:55:385 - maybe you removed an SV section here or something, but it certainly has no place ending on the 1/3 as at present and will need a pop to fix that. Moved the line to the Spinner, since the green line it to lower the volume on the spinner that has been moved back on Rain
If you want me to take another look at it once you responded to the above concerns feel free, but since you seem to have gained some BN interest maybe you don't need me anymore lol