forum

Tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HaNa_old
Hey, I was about to buy a Bamboo pen and just read this:

"To those of you who play OSU! with a wacom tablet or crazy people that plan on buying one for the sole purpose of playing this game should keep this in mind. OSU! might kill your tablet pen over time from strenuous usage, Im not talking about wearing nubs down (pen tip) those are replaceable. What happens is the resistance pad in the pen starts to wear and break down from play on the part that clasps on to the pen nub. This will happen regardless of playing OSU!, But OSU! will speed that process extremely fast. When this happens the pen is incapable of detecting pen pressures accurately if not at all or will just act like its clicked in all the time. This is what did my graphire4 in, It is now dedicated to playing OSU! cause all it can do is click with no pressure sensitivity at all or sometimes gets stuck clicked in. I got about a good 3000 plays in before this happend. Due to this hapening to my Graphire4 this is only biased on that model and might not apply to others but I thought you all should know so you can protect your investment, Wacoms arnt cheap and neither are replacement pens."

Is this true or did it already happen to some1?
Kodoshi
i'm having problems already but it shouldn't bug you if you hover your pen in air instead of making it touch the tablet (hope you don't tap to hit the circles)

i started to use tablet on february, now the click is a bit messed up but never gave me any problems out of osu, you can buy your tablet but i'd suggest you to use z/x on keyboard
Daru
This will sum up that paragraph:
"My pen broke. I play osu!. osu! broke my pen."

I've personally never had a problem, though I use the intuos3, which is the "professional" tier, and my pen is supposed to work at full capacity for 10 million strokes. I have no doubt that osu! will speed up wear and tear on your pen, but that's to be expected. I have more than 14,000 plays and more than 3,000,000 notes hit, and my pen still works flawlessly.
Topic Starter
HaNa_old
I use 2/3 to hit the circles. So it wont be a problem to move the pen while it touches the tablet?
Kodoshi
i guess it depends on how you use the pen and how much pressure you put, i know some people play like that but i personally don't like it
OzzyOzrock
I hover, but touch to spin.
Kert
I disabled mouse clicks in play mode (disabled pen clicking) and I just play "in air"
Topic Starter
HaNa_old
OzzyOzrock
I believe it's 3.5mm. Something of the sort. I heard it in the tutorial but forgot ;_;
Topic Starter
HaNa_old
Thanks for all the replys :3 So is that a good tablet or do you recommend me some?
Fabi
A lot of people has the wacom bamboo pen & touch, if you are going to buy one, I suggest you to buy the small one.
Topic Starter
HaNa_old

Ever17 wrote:

A lot of people has the wacom bamboo pen & touch, if you are going to buy one, I suggest you to buy the small one.
Which is the small one? o_o
Atelier Nugra

HaNa wrote:

Ever17 wrote:

bamboo pen..

HaNa wrote:

I use 2/3 to hit the circles. So it wont be a problem to move the pen while it touches the tablet?
if you move the pen while touches the tablet, u will make the trace lines on your tablet .. and if u still use your tablet like that.. u will make a hole on your tablet.. and that's a BIG PROBLEM :o
Topic Starter
HaNa_old

OzzyOzrock wrote:

I hover, but touch to spin.
I'll do this as well then. :)

HaNa wrote:

Ever17 wrote:

bamboo pen..

But what's the size of the small one? =3
Guy-kun
SLUT!
Topic Starter
HaNa_old

Guy-kun wrote:

SLUT!
?
Topic Starter
HaNa_old
Do you use the whole area or just a optimized area?
Also is it possible that if I play in window mode (1024x600) that I don't go out of the window? i.e. I hit the top right corner on the tablet and so do I in osu! and don't go out of the window.
Also, what about the speed? o_o
Atelier Nugra

HaNa wrote:

Do you use the whole area or just a optimized area?
Also is it possible that if I play in window mode (1024x600) that I don't go out of the window? i.e. I hit the top right corner on the tablet and so do I in osu! and don't go out of the window.
Also, what about the speed? o_o
change pen mode to mouse mode :D

btw this my configuration

Void
If you use pen mode, cursor speed is pretty much determined by how large the detection area is set (first image of above post). If you're still confused on how it exactly works, basically where the pen is on the tablet is where it is on-screen. Smaller area means that "screen" is smaller.

Also, I personally disable the buttons on the pen. It's annoying when I somehow press them them during a song and I suddenly can't hear anything.
Topic Starter
HaNa_old
Can I configure the active area of the tablet to 1024x600? So the cursor won't go out of the osu! window. Cause I'm confused. i.e. Cookiezi plays also 1024x768 (window mode) and tablet.
Atelier Nugra

HaNa wrote:

Can I configure the active area of the tablet to 1024x600? So the cursor won't go out of the osu! window. Cause I'm confused. i.e. Cookiezi plays also 1024x768 (window mode) and tablet.
yep u can :D
Topic Starter
HaNa_old
Okey, thanks alot. U helped me. :3 I just bought the Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch cause it has some more functions.