awp
Okay I convinced me

http://puu.sh/3kAqM.zip

Requires .NET 3.5 and XNA 3.1 to run

.NET: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=21
XNA: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... x?id=15163

If you're running Windows 7, you probably already have the .NET requirement

Things to note:
You may have 3 of the Mane 6 in your party by using the Add/Remove Ponies option on the main menu
- Don't use Pinkie Pie. Unlike all the other characters, you can't give her orders and I haven't coded her AI, so she will do nothing
- Maybe don't use Fluttershy. Fluttershy can only attack when enraged (having her friends downed in combat) and I'm pretty sure I didn't code that either
On the status screen, pressing 'L' will level up your character
Inventory is not shared. If you buy an apple pie for Twilight, Rarity can't use it. Twilight would have to give Rarity the apple pie outside of battle beforehand.
Most items don't do anything. The ones that recover HP work though.
You can give a character Ability Points (used for learning skills) by pressing A (I think it's A) on the skill tree menu. However,
- Skills currently do nothing and most of them haven't even been imported/formatted.
In order to run from combat, the following criteria must be met:
- All characters have 0 control-interrupt status ailments (not dead, not confused, not petrified etc)
- All characters (other than Pinkie Pie) have their ATB gauge filled
When the above criteria is met, the boot icon will appear
Don't click the mouse in combat. It will make the current character run toward where you clicked. I forgot to remove that. It's just odd.
There are a couple of bugs (eg field menu doesn't index properly if you don't have magic unlocked) but whatever

CONTROLS
Escape - Pause
Arrows - Move
D - OK/Select things.Talk to other things.
W - Open field menu
S - Cancel selection/Back out of current menu
Q,E - Tab through characters (as long as they're a valid selection)

So here's a thing about battle:

The things on the right that have each of the characters faces are called Battle Cards. The largest battle card (Twilight in this image) is the one that's selected. Use Up/Down to change the selected character, and left/right to switch between commands. The commands are: Attack, Skill, Defend, Item, Run, ??? (6th item not implemented, super secret 7th item EXTRA NOT IMPLEMENTED)

Once again, skills don't work, so don't use them.

Here's a character class run-down for you:

Twlight: Mage/Nuke class. Heaviest damage-dealer if she has SP, kind of shit if she doesn't. Very useful against bosses, but requires SP consumables to be consistently useful. Capable of slotting commands ahead of ATB-Gauge filling (nope, not implemented) and by stacking commands, can do more in a single turn than other characters (still onpe)
AJ: Tank. She can defend more efficiently than other characters and can actually defend other characters (no she can't I haven't implemented that)
Dash: Attacker, Stunner. Distracting little gnat. With high end-user maintenance and skill, she can dodge attacks better than other characters. She's also the fastest and can interrupt enemy attacks in a pinch.
Rarity: Healer, Single-character buffs. Fragile, but has the ability to deflect enemy aggression either to her allies or even her enemies. Slowest character in the game, since she doesn't feel like running. Occasionally chooses to ignore dealing physical attacks because it's barbaric.
Fluttershy: Primarily a summoner, but gains significant stat bonuses whenever allies are downed in combat
Pinkie Pie: Party Buffs, enemy party debuffs, and all sorts of little quirks and behaviours I'm not even going to bother explaining. She causes a few "divide by zero" exceptions even in prototyping. Don't use her; she doesn't work

Enemy attributes can be modified in the Content\battledata\enemy.mlf file (it's just text, and no, it's not a MILF extension). Random encounters are ALWAYS 1 debug robot because I guess I commented out the stuff that generates a random number of them
Jarby
It's sad that you're not continuing this project as it looks so promising.
awp

Jarby wrote:

It's sad that you're not continuing this project as it looks so promising.
if a team of dedicated artists/scenario programmers (mappers)/sound guys wanted to climb on board I'd consider turning back to it once I published the games I'm currently working on

This doesn't even scratch the surface (okay well yeah it does scratch the surface but just that) of what was planned for the game. Who you ended up selecting for your party would have numerous impacts on what you could do and where you could go, etc

it was pretty neat
NaomiMinette
Meanwhile, S4 stuffs

That's like... my childhood... I seriously gotta wonder what they plan on doing.
Jarby
I can take care of sound. The sort of jaunty stuff used in MLP wouldn't be too hard to reimagine. See if Quaraezha is up for doing art.
Quaraezha
I can do user interfaces in Photoshop. But I don't have Illustrator to draw the Ponies.
awp
something to keep in mind is that it would be several thousand images (I'm guessing around 500-600 images per main character, 50-100ish for most enemies) of animation
Jarby
Actually, I do wonder how much of a good idea it is to keep a pony theme considering what happened to Fighting is Magic.
NaomiMinette
Seasons 1 & 2 in a nutshell:

awp
okay at least 50% of that was awesome
Kyonko Hizara
That was the best 3 minutes of my day
MoonShade
If you haven't seen it already through other brony news sources, here is the new epicness from ponyphonic as they continue to push out truly epic stuff.

btw music is CC BY-SA, yay :3

Kyonko Hizara
I actually like Equestria Girls more after watching it a second time...
xRayne
Equestria girls should be posted here >w>
Cause waifu is to lazy to look for it on YT lel
<3
Kyonko Hizara
for those who have yet to Equestria Girls

now in 720p!
xRayne
*w*
Amg waifu thanks <3
*lovelovelove*
Kyonko Hizara

Found this on my Tumblr dash today. I will sure as hell buy that Celestia if she comes with that pony figure.
NaomiMinette
The fight near the end was horrible. That's my only complaint.
Kyonko Hizara
I expected it to be more lame
xRayne
Hurr!!
MoonShade
uh... why do they have to translate it with crappy German voice actors? ... but it surprised me that it came so quickly for the TV release.

Oh and Celestia apparently plays Touhou too and sucks playing it, oh well, maybe next time Luna can help her.

ztrot
well now the real waiting begins #season 4
NaomiMinette
Meanwhile, *waits for Legends of Equestrial pre-Alpha this Friday-Sunday*
chaee
Save them crystal ponies with out historyy~~
Kyonko Hizara

Shinchaechae wrote:

Save them crystal ponies with out historyy~~
x20
NaomiMinette

I'd pay so much to see this become an actual game (or, y'know, pay to get all models replaced with pony counterparts).
Kyonko Hizara
I need Tara Strong to come to bronycon again this year. I must get her autograph and hug her ;_;
NaomiMinette
Here's the song they'll be using for Season 2's OP:

Kyonko Hizara
> Yuru Yuri
xRayne

Blazevoir wrote:

Here's the song they'll be using for Season 2's OP:

Japan +1
I hope there will be a new opening for season 4 .-.
Kyonko Hizara
Just add wings to Twilight and BAM new opening
NaomiMinette

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

It'd better be a completely new OP instead of just small edits to the current one...
Kyonko Hizara

Blazevoir wrote:

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

It'd better be a completely new OP instead of just small edits to the current one...
I really hope so too
NaomiMinette
So I played a bit during Legends of Equestria's pre-Alpha event

I can just imagine full re-enactments of the show not just here but everywhere else in the game when the full version comes out.
3went
Umm, Hello?!?!
Right, speaking of that pre alpha event... I really hope they go through with it and make it a complete game. Just exploring the world is epic, imagine what they can do with it. My only gripe is the filtering. Its WAY too strict. You can't even say words like "basement" or "Cockatrice"

First time posting on this forum. Sorry if i look like a complete noob :P
NaomiMinette
Pretty sure A LOT of bronies would love to see the game finished :P

Yeah... They probably need to fix their filtering system, but then again even young kids are playing, so... *shrugs*

Anyway, welcome :)
Kyonko Hizara
Bronycon is lacking is guests of the voice acting variety. Only 25 more days to hope they announce more.
NaomiMinette
About time someone did this:

silmarilen
wow last post 5 days ago
GenoClysm

silmarilen wrote:

wow last post 5 days ago
stop necroposting

well then again, for a pony thread i consider 5 minutes necroposting
show more