forum

Ponies

posted
Total Posts
show more
NotShinta
If I were to compare them, Fluttershy would be my favourite, but it's very possible, likely even, that I'm subconsciously projecting my own, shyness-filled life onto her. I don't think that she's the cutest thing ever, or that she's far ahead of any other character, though.
Topic Starter
Pokebis
I never understood why people liked shy girls. Somebody who is strong and is flexible in social situations instead of panicky is clearly someone more likely to be successful in life. Honestly, what's cute about somebody having a panic attack and breaking down? That's borderline sadistic.
Maybe it's just that you guys can't score not-shy girls or something...
And there are usually less shy girls that are actually cute IRL. The few that I have met are usually clueless about absolutely everything for some reason.
awp

Pokebis wrote:

I never understood why people liked shy girls. Somebody who is strong and is flexible in social situations instead of panicky is clearly someone more likely to be successful in life.
Not sure where the boundary between shy and weak is.

But I'm with you there. It sounds too high-maintenance/high-effort for my tastes.
silmarilen
im shy myself, guess thats why i like shy girls

not in anime/cartoons tho.

i dont think shy and panicky are the same tho. someone who is shy would just stay quiet and try to avoid social contact and when it cant be avoided try to act normal, not go panick and hyperventilate or something.
Topic Starter
Pokebis
But still, what is appealing about someone who would rather avoid you? And those shy ones that like you and act all fidgety, asking you random questions and apologizing for everything and then "squee'ing" when they feel embarrassed. I'm almost positive they think guys like that and I'm blaming you guys for making them think that because it annoys the hell out of me.
hoihoisoi
Well, the general idea is that shy girls are cute,but there is a limit to how shy a girl can be until it starts to get out of hand. Apologizing way often and fidgeting and stuff like that is kinda over the limit already. in any case, I think that shy fetish of mine only appear in cartoons and anime. If a girl were to be as shy as fluttershy I'd honestly don't know what to say to her in any given time, you know might hurt her feelings and stuff. But being shy in moderate, is somewhat okay. Something as in shy to do stuff she has never tried before, I mean I find girls who have a fear of roller coasters or shy to cosplay in public kinda cute, you know as in shy to do something daring. But not shy to the point where she can't even say hi to your friends, that's kinda out of hand. But probably it's just the general idea so people say it but they don't actually mean it (Probably). Just a personal opinion here.
YellowerYoshi
Oh my dear lord, my friend drew this for me for Christmas and it is too freaking adorable. MUST SHARE WITH OTHER BRONIES.

NotShinta
I also don't think shy tendencies are 'cute', and they alone obviously aren't enough to decide who to go out with. Not all shy people do want to avoid you though, but rather could just be a bit too scared to say and do what they want; I can see why that would be annoying, but it obviously means that they need some help, and I think that can make them appeal to some guys. If they do get too self-indulged in it and play it up a bit that can be a problem though. I've been 'shy' for as long as I can remember and couldn't be less proud of it, I don't care what some girls might think.

Oops, passionate subject. Wasn't Lesson Zero great?
Topic Starter
Pokebis
Yes.
drunkninja
New osu! addict, longtime pony fan here. Really wish they had a new episode coming up this weekend, but hey.
Ekaru

drunkninja wrote:

New osu! addict, longtime pony fan here. Really wish they had a new episode coming up this weekend, but hey.
Well, I need to catch up anyways so it isn't that bad for me. ^_^
awp
How long is long-time? Like, pre-Faust era?
drunkninja

awp wrote:

How long is long-time? Like, pre-Faust era?
Somewhat. I actually did enjoy some of the G1 stuff when I was young, never followed it extensively though. But I did find out about the FiM series about a month into it's run before it really took off. It's kinda weird going back and imagining the fandom back then without sites like Equestria Daily and such.
Mogsy

Pokebis wrote:

But still, what is appealing about someone who would rather avoid you? And those shy ones that like you and act all fidgety, asking you random questions and apologizing for everything and then "squee'ing" when they feel embarrassed. I'm almost positive they think guys like that and I'm blaming you guys for making them think that because it annoys the hell out of me.
Speaking on behalf of everyone who is shy IRL (including myself), I'd like to say I'm sorry.

Also, Season 2 is awesome. /ontopic
Topic Starter
Pokebis

drunkninja wrote:

It's kinda weird going back and imagining the fandom back then without sites like Equestria Daily and such.
Yeah. It was almost tolerable and fun back then.
Sync
fluttershy is so moe >www<
Quaraezha
awp

Quaraezha wrote:

I am so sorry.

http://dignifiedjustice.deviantart.com/ ... -276871159
oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh

Using the Barkley scale, I'd rate that picture Not Turrible
ztrot
How dare we let this thread fall to the 2nd page, on a side note are we getting a new ep this week or is it the x-mas repeat again?
NotShinta
We do have an episode tomorrow, yes. Apparently it's an Apple family one, which usually aren't that good, though. Maybe it will be all the same
Topic Starter
Pokebis

NotShinta wrote:

We do have an episode tomorrow, yes. Apparently it's an Apple family one, which usually aren't that good, though. Maybe it will be all the same
I like Apple family themed episodes, but we really need an Applejack focused episode. Applebuck Season was one of my favorites.
awp
We need an Apple family themed episode that explains what the deal is with AJ's parents. I really want an explanation for how Apple Bloom went from not existing to living with her brother, sister, and grandma. Where the fuck are AJ's parents? Either they're dead and Apple Bloom is adopted, or they had a kid, dumped it on granny, and disappeared without a trace

Seriously
NotShinta
In an early concept, Big Mac and AJ apparently inherited the farm according to the Faust, implying their parents died somehow at some point. They probably wouldn't stick to this explanation were they to reveal any more backstory in the show, but still.
awp

NotShinta wrote:

In an early concept, Big Mac and AJ apparently inherited the farm according to the Faust, implying their parents died somehow at some point. They probably wouldn't stick to this explanation were they to reveal any more backstory in the show, but still.
because that would make explaining Apple Bloom even weirder
eat my soup
Anyone else feel like season 2 eps 1 and 2 felt more like season 1 because of the animation style and all the other things in it (Twilight's glowing horn is not red?)
yuuki_old
Quaraezha

eat my soup wrote:

Anyone else feel like season 2 eps 1 and 2 felt more like season 1 because of the animation style and all the other things in it (Twilight's glowing horn is not red?)
Studio B animated Episodes 1 and 2 (Discord Arc) of Season 2
While Episodes 3 to 26 were animated by Top Draw Animation

Episode 3 (Lesson Zero) was originally Season 2's Episode 1, but the staff decided to add 2 more episodes, but since TDA is already busy working on the other episodes, Studio B animated it.
Sinistro

awp wrote:

explaining Apple Bloom
I'm guessing you refer to how when Applejack left for Manehattan she was seen off by Granny and Big Macintosh, but not her parents or Apple Bloom? Well, that's easy, I think.

Applejack's parents died after Applebloom was born (well, uh, obviously). Applejack left for Manehattan when Apple Bloom was a baby, so at the sendoff scene she's inside the farm, sleeping in her cot.

Alternatively, given her line in Applebuck Season about how her family is managing farms all over Equestria, it could be possible her parents are often on extended journeys, tending farms far away (kind of like being on business trips all the time).
awp
pretty sure Apple Bloom wasn't born yet back when AJ was just a filly
eat my soup

Quaraezha wrote:

eat my soup wrote:

Studio B animated Episodes 1 and 2 (Discord Arc) of Season 2
While Episodes 3 to 26 were animated by Top Draw Animation

Episode 3 (Lesson Zero) was originally Season 2's Episode 1, but the staff decided to add 2 more episodes, but since TDA is already busy working on the other episodes, Studio B animated it.
Thank you.

Good episode btw.
iMuffin
no links for the new ep yet?
awp
they're on equestria daily

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkWRHGGABQY&hd=1

get it while it's hot and still uploaded
iMuffin
ah ty ty.

just finished it.... How old is Celestia?????
MoonShade
Cool a new episode *.*
Ty for posting.
Sinistro

iMuffin wrote:

How old is Celestia?????
Well over a thousand years old. The whole Luna business happened about 1,001 years ago. Before that, she had ruled over Equestria for some time, and even before that, she was grown enough to be able to deal with Discord.
NotShinta
fuck what was that episode

great is what it was

i was a bit confused about granny smith's increased frequency of appearances but its okay now

diamond tiara's still a bitch though
awp
who names their kid "Filthy"
eat my soup
Let's not delve into the naming of ponies. I've learned that is not a realm you explore.
Quaraezha
Family appreciation day is a tribute episode to Steve Jobs and Stephen Wozniak.

1. Rainbow colored electric powered apples
2. A lot of people lining up on release day to get what is produced by zapapples.
3. Those who sell them are Filthy Rich and Stinkin Rich.
iMuffin

Quaraezha wrote:

Family appreciation day is a tribute episode to Steve Jobs and Stephen Wozniak.

1. Rainbow colored electric powered apples
2. A lot of people lining up on release day to get what is produced by zapapples.
3. Those who sell them are Filthy Rich and Stinkin Rich.
lol nice observation.

also did you ever get that MLP presentation done?
show more