forum

Ponies

posted
Total Posts
show more
Quaraezha

Backfire wrote:

Carly, you better win the christmas one!
Help me come up with a good crossover Christmas theme.
Backfire
MLP + ...uhm...shit theres nothing christmasy thats exciting, that I can think of. :C
awp

Quaraezha wrote:

Help me come up with a good crossover Christmas theme.
obviously Charlie Brown

CHARLIE HORSE GET IT THEY'RE PONIES seriously though, that's the most classic christmas special ever

beats that claymation rudolph one with the dentist elf
Quaraezha

Quaraezha wrote:

Holy Shit a new video is up!

The website is also updated
Mane 6 Version 2 YYEAAAHHHH
http://www.mane6.com/
YodaSnipe
Pinkie Pie > All
Proof: Isn't it obvious?
Q.E.D.

PROVE ME WRONG!
Quaraezha
awp
I don't care for fighting games but the animation team's doing a real nice job of that
Koko Ban
fun fact: rarity's supposed costume for Luna Eclipsed is....

the Bride of Frankenstein

which would had explained why Rarity has that "hairstyle" on the leaked storyboard.
awp
SOOOOOO not glamorous
Topic Starter
Pokebis
She'd make it glamorous, you twit.
Quaraezha
Said costume was seem to be given to Apple Bloom instead:

Here's also the Leaked Storyboard:
Quaraezha
What a sad (?) day for the fanon.
A bunch of Official products of background ponies were finally named, and it's saddening that their names are different from the fanon.
I guess there's some legal issue abut using the fanon names as official, but meh.

Here's Heartstrings, known as "Lyra" by the fanon.

Berryshine: (Berry Punch?)

Noteworthy (Blues)

and Golden Harvest (Carrot Top by the Fanon)

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/11/o ... names.html

The MLP wiki has also updated all their names.
awp
oh god pallet swapped toys
Loginer
Designing Hasbro toys must the the easiest job on the planet.
Quaraezha
I remember Hasbro saying something about releasing a new set of MLP Toys in 2012.
And something about not disappointing the fans this time.

I think they're gonna make it more accurate to the G4 Show, I think?
Topic Starter
Pokebis
It's going to be something only small children can use.
Like pacifiers.
awp

Pokebis wrote:

It's going to be something only small children can use.
Like pacifiers.
lotta internet folk could use those
Topic Starter
Pokebis
Point taken.
Quaraezha
I don't know about you guys, but this picture is really satisfying to look at

awp
burn in hell you selfish whore
Topic Starter
Pokebis
??
If you're implying the symbol of generosity is a selfish whore you're quite misguided.
Quaraezha
Episode 5 is most adorable episode.

1080p! \:D/

NotShinta
Best episode ever #4. It reminded me that I should be a better sister.
Topic Starter
Pokebis
I always thought you were a guy, though...
NotShinta

Pokebis wrote:

I always thought you were a guy, though...
I'm disgusted that you think only girls can be sisters.
awp
so my goal for this episode was to take a shot of Rarity (French vanilla, Goldschlager, and Irish Creme) every time Rarity was being a bitch. 8 minutes in I was up to six shots. At that point, I wussed out and now I'm drunk but at least I'm not puking violently/dead.

Rarity is regarded as the symbol of generosity but that is sorely misguided; you'll find on a multitude of accounts that all of her actions are driven by selfishness. Even seemingly altruistic actions, such as her donation of her tail to Stephen Magnets' mustache, were not altruistic at all, but spawned from her distaste at what she saw. She changed him because she didn't like what she saw.

Rarity is a selfish bitch. I don't fault you for finding her endearing, but let's not stick our heads in the dirt. She's selfish. Representative of generosity my ass. Spike deserves that distinction more than Rarity at a minimum. Poor sod.
Topic Starter
Pokebis
You're drunk. I haven't watched the new ep yet, but her other episodes have made it clear she is quite generous. You're all silly for thinking having standards is being a bitch. You're relying on stereotypes set by other shows; she's overdramatic, sometimes, yes, but she goes out of her way to share her excellence with others.
That's what generosity is: charity. People would probably call Bill Gates a bitch if he was a girl, but he's the one donating billions of dollars to people in need. He still has high living standards for himself, but he's generous. Don't mix it up with kindness, that's fluttershy's thing and she can't hold her own whereas Rarity doesn't need anypony to hold her own, she's a strong individual and she enjoys sharing the reaps of her efforts with others to better their lives.
awp
You haven't? Well, it might help to shed some light on the situation.

But asserting that generosity is charity is misled, at best. True generosity means to be purely altruistic. To put others before you as a reflex, not an assessment. Rarity always feels the need to explain her motives - hardly an altruistic gesture at all. Charity can - and often does - have ulterior motives. A sense of fullness or morality are common themes in that regard. "I do this because it makes me a good pony."

With regards to having standards - that's fine. It's your presentation to others that defines your character, though. Lifting your nose to the air and scoffing with a "hmph!" is as close to a literal definition of being a bitch as one can get. Rarity expresses herself in an aggressive, forward manner and, while to the point, does not take the feelings of others into account. That is why you see her backpedalling so often - to bandage the feelings she hurts, rather than preventing any damage from the get-go.
Koko Ban
speaking of the new toys, Blossomforth will be a reverse case.

also, legal cases for adopting fanon names would less likely to be the case (see: derpy being canonized)

and speaking of the 2012 toys, i just want a show-accurate Celestia and i'll be happy.
Topic Starter
Pokebis
Some people just paint the Celestia white. I've even seen a nightmare-moon version that looked show accurate even though it was just a painted Celestia.

Oh, awp, you're wrong. WRRRRRRRRRRRRRONNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, I don't need to argue with peasants, but if you wish for me to share my wisdom I will when I feel necessary. Hmph!
awp
Then it's settled. I will ask for your wisdom when you acquire it and I deem it necessary, and until then you may remain an example of the generosity fallacy.
Topic Starter
Pokebis
You're a customer guest to my thread. If you want to keep complaining I suggest you do it outside of here. I'm providing you with a service and if you are unhappy with it I suggest you go elsewhere.

...But we could work on that beard a bit if you want, free of charge...
awp
If there was a way to make it less curly around the sides, that'd be wonderful. Without the need to trim, of course. I have appearances to keep, you know.

The moisturizing conditioner has reduced irritability though, and that is a welcome change.
Ekaru
This is now my favorite ep for two reasons:

1. No Twilight

2. Rarity got some much-needed character development in the form of realizing that she should stop being a bitch towards her sister and loosen up a bit.
Quaraezha
So I just woke up and checked Equestria Daily
Then I saw this article about removing the leaked song.

So I searched the interwebs if anypony was able to save it and re-uploaded it, so here it is:

Okay so wow. WOW.
That was insanely good.
Topic Starter
Pokebis
You're making it quite hard to not spoil myself.
Koko Ban
i'll turn that frown upside down.
Quaraezha
Episode 6: Cutie Pox
This episode is really entertaining.
Best Apple Bloom Episode

Applebloom's French voice was really satisfying to listen to

Mategas
Hello everypony, introducing myself: I'm Mategas, a please to meet you all.

I'll post this pic because I love it:

Thanks Kuzek for the picture.

Quaraezha wrote:

Episode 6: Cutie Pox
This episode is really entertaining.
Best Apple Bloom Episode

Applebloom's French voice was really satisfying to listen to

Really? For my was just "fine", I really loved all S2 episodes but this one disappointed me.
ztrot
I did it again guys :) I can't help myself. http://osu.ppy.sh/s/39828
show more