forum

Ponies

posted
Total Posts
show more
NotShinta

Koko Ban wrote:

i like how people suddenly thought that ep3 is the best episode ever!
Because it was.

If it's any comfort/worry, Twilight did actually remind me a bit of Odaril. Extremely exaggerated, of course.
Shiro

NotShinta wrote:

If it's any comfort/worry, Twilight did actually remind me a bit of Odaril. Extremely exaggerated, of course.
Exaggerated how ? (I did not watch the episodes, no spoilers)
Quaraezha
It's hard to explain without spoiling, so it's best if you watched it.
awp

I'm ready
Koko Ban

NotShinta wrote:

Koko Ban wrote:

i like how people suddenly thought that ep3 is the best episode ever!
Because it was.

episode 3 was just icing on the cake. the future episodes will be way better than that! ;)
awp
http://www.applejack.com

suffice to say I found this hilarious
awp

Oh yeah, best episode so far. That is fucking phenomenal.

Tried a shot of Rarity when Rarity started acting like Rarity. It was delicious so I had another one. The cinnamon burn from the Goldschlager stands out a bit and the vanilla's not particularly pronounced (maybe I'm not mixing enough of it) but overall a very smooth drink.

When I tried to mix a Nightmare Moon, I ran out of Irish Creme so I'm sitting at half a glass instead of a full glass. This one's a bit of a shitkicker - the rum I'm using is fairly strong (47%) and the other two liquors are 20% each. Made one on the rocks. Overall, it's still good, and the Kahlua/Irish Creme help keep the burn to a minimum. This is actually drinkable. Though I'd advise favouring the liqueurs at about a 2:2:1 mix.

EDIT: Oh boy. Those two shots of Rarity and half a glass of Nightmare Moon have given me a good buzz ♥
roleykatsu
Due to the massive amount of homework I was given over the weekend, I didn't have time to watch S2E03 on the day it was aired. I only got the chance to watch it about an hour ago.

My reaction to the episode?

Also the new opening has an Easter Egg within it that left me mind-blown when I noticed it. Anyone else who notices it gets a cookie equally-frosted cupcakes.
Topic Starter
Pokebis
Derpy is in the top of the Muffin carriage on the train as well as a Pony that looks like Madame Foster from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends on the bottom.
Quaraezha

Pokebis wrote:

Derpy is in the top of the Muffin carriage on the train as well as a Pony that looks like Madame Foster from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends on the bottom.
There are some who dubbed him/her "Harry Trotter" for the circular glasses and forehead scar (?)
Sinistro
At first, I was annoyed about Twilight's exaggerated behaviour in this episode, even if it played on her character. However, by the end I realised that the people who wrote this episode are rather brilliant because they made it so that:

1. From now on there's a canonical reason that allows storylines to not shoehorn Twilight in just so she can write her report at the end and
2. The writers aren't actually forced to include a moral in the first place (although they'll probably still do it anyway)

Also, Twilight mentions that her "make random piece of crap irresistible" spell "never fails"...why would she have needed to use it before?
Topic Starter
Pokebis
She used it on the show itself.
Topic Starter
Pokebis
Preview video for Nightmare Night:

Why is this thread on the second page?
Quaraezha

Sinistro wrote:

Also, Twilight mentions that her "make random piece of crap irresistible" spell "never fails"...why would she have needed to use it before?
That was a new spell that was introduced for Episode 1 and 2.
However, Episodes 3-26 was planned first and the Discord Arc episodes later.
Episode 3 was suppose to be Episode 1 but they moved it for the Discord Arc.

There's also another Video Preview here: http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/10/ ... halloween/

Showing the Cloaked Luna Scene.

The leaked image of Luna was edited by a Certain Animator* so that Luna's face will show.

Also, Episode 4 screenshots from the Facebook page:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/10/n ... nshot.html

Ekaru
Thanks for the vids! I'm greatly looking forward to this episode.
foulcoon

awp wrote:

Odaril wrote:

Also your family is pretty cool. My brothers (twin and elder) just called me a ponyfag when I told them I had started watching MLP, and refused to listen to what I have to say (and they're obviously never downloading nor even watching it). My little brother would just laugh, but not watch it either (it's in english anyway he wouldn't even understand it), and my parents would be genuinely worried and ask me if I am gay or transexual or something for watching girls' cartoons. *young* girls' cartoons on top of that. They wouldn't even try to listen to what I have to say either. regarding the show and would most probably try to prevent me from watching it.
Sounds like SOMEPONY isn't assertive/manly/bearded enough, to me. Judging people isn't my strong suit, but looking people straight in the face and saying "Yes, I watch My Little Pony" unflinchingly is something that a man just has to do sometimes. You can't cure ignorance with weakness or desperation, and you'll be a closet brony forever if you worry about other people judging you. And if people think you're a closet homosexual because you watch a show about cute little ponies they've got a part of the human psyche mixed up. I think you're more likely to be a closet homosexual over something hyper-masculine like Gears of War, because isn't that what being in the closet is all about?

[WARNING: EXTREMELY IGNORANT POST]
people don't THINK that people who watch my little pony are closet homosexuals, they KNOW it.

P.S. - bronies:

Also the reason I'm here is I saw the apple.mov thing and lol'd.
NotShinta

foulcoon wrote:

awp wrote:

Sounds like SOMEPONY isn't assertive/manly/bearded enough, to me. Judging people isn't my strong suit, but looking people straight in the face and saying "Yes, I watch My Little Pony" unflinchingly is something that a man just has to do sometimes. You can't cure ignorance with weakness or desperation, and you'll be a closet brony forever if you worry about other people judging you. And if people think you're a closet homosexual because you watch a show about cute little ponies they've got a part of the human psyche mixed up. I think you're more likely to be a closet homosexual over something hyper-masculine like Gears of War, because isn't that what being in the closet is all about?

[WARNING: EXTREMELY IGNORANT POST]
people don't THINK that people who watch my little pony are closet homosexuals, they KNOW it.
You say this as if it's a problem. Seriously, get the fuck over yourself, you probably won't see it again in less than a year.

I don't understand how you people can spoil yourself with a video first though, a day before it airs. It might not be LOST or some rubbish like that, but potential for disappointment's part of the fun.
Shellghost

NotShinta wrote:

It might not be LOST or some rubbish like that, but potential for disappointment's part of the fun.
Yea, with LOST it's guaranteed disappointment.
Quaraezha
WE MUST ONLY SPEAK-ETH IN THE TRADITIONAL ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE!

Episode 4 in 1080p
Ekaru

Quaraezha wrote:

WE MUST ONLY SPEAK-ETH IN THE TRADITIONAL ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE!
WE CONCUR!

...I freaking love Luna now. Her personality is just perfect, especially since it takes her background into account. I also laughed way too many times throughout this episode. This is by far my favorite episode, really.
Loginer
The beard has been grown.
awp
Good episode for drinking a Nightmare Moon with. 'cept I was hungover from drinking them the night before. I thought this was the weakest episode in season 2 thus far, but that isn't really saying a whole lot, since it was still great.
jjrocks
This was actually one of my favorite ones. I was worried on how they were going to deal with Luna but they managed to use her perfectly. (I also loved the special cameo from that special character)
Shellghost
Yo dawg. I heard you like dragons.
Quaraezha
Still doesn't beat Checklistception in Episode 3.
Oh Twilight u so adorkable.

Also, Rarity wasn't in the episode because Luna had the same voice actress as Rarity.
I swear, it's hard to listen to Luna without hearing Rarity.
Shellghost
She didn't appear because she was wearing the same costume as Luna and she wanted to avoid the drama.
Quaraezha

Brony wrote:

loved episode 4 <3, may I ask why rarity wasn't in it?

Lauren wrote:

She was in the script. Sounds like she got cut.

Brony wrote:

what was she suppose to do in the script? You think she would of made herself some fabulous nightmare night costume for herself.

Lauren wrote:

She was still working on her costume, and perfectionist as she is, it wasn't ready. (I forget what it was.)

There was a whole sequence where Twilight brought Luna to Rarity's for a makeover, hoping she could give Luna a "softer," less intimidating look. Rarity freaked out about getting to dress up a Princess and over did it, covering her in the pinkiest pink princess get up ever. Luna disliked it and in taking it off, had a piece of the dress in her mouth. Pinkie showed up just at that moment and screamed that Nightmare Moon ate a princess and all the kids screamed and ran.
Chibithor
So I was thinking I should post something on the osu forums, and then figured 'what better place to post my first post than the pony thread?'. The introductions section probably, but hey, this is close enough. So hi.

Also, I skimmed through the thread and there's some serious lack of pony music going on, and I must fix it
And the Soul Equestria pic was amazing, so it's now my wallpaper.
I should probably go write an introduction post now.
Quaraezha
Hi Chibithor, and welcome.
The the songs you posted weren't posted here yet, but I've already listened to them :V

And thanks for using my Soul Equestria WP :D
NotShinta
Some will say we've gone too far, others will say we're shooting par.

It's even more rubbish than expected.
awp
animation quality is lacking, yes
Quaraezha
Good enough, I guess.
Chibithor
At least it exists now. Had to happen sooner or later.
awp
really? I thought the fad apple had passed
Topic Starter
Pokebis
That was insensitive, awp.
Just because Steve Jobs passed doesn't mean Apple has.
awp
Dood, not that Apple. the iFad stopped being popular like what, 8 years ago or something
Mianki
Quaraezha
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/10/h ... lists.html

The Halloween Banner Competition Voting is now on its way.
There's a lot of excellent banners in here.

Mine is 31 btw, I'm just sayin' :V
Starrodkirby86
I really thought it was unprofessional for the author to go, "I really love this one." for 33 and have the banner of 33 up at the top as the main illustration. Gee, talk about trying to shift the polls to your favor.

( Unless, like, the author of the post actually made the banner and all the participants of the poll knew that :V )
Topic Starter
Pokebis
The banner has been changing between those for a few days. Quaharza's has already been the banner, in fact.
show more