1. osu! forums
  2. Other
  3. General Discussion

show more
posted

Philoslother wrote:

If it's "just a cartoon" then why do people give a flying fuck what the characters name is? If your sensibilities are so refined that they are offended by the name of a cartoon character then you just need to lighten up.
You really don't understand how business works, do you?
It doesn't matter how you think people should behave, this is just the way things are and everyone whining about it changing should grow up and deal with it.
They're going to do what they can to continue reaching the largest audience and, looking from their perspective, are the parents and children who watch it on television more valuable than the "bronies" who pirate the hell out of the show?
The name change was due to legitimate complaints and it was changed to continue meeting the network standards so it could keep airing. Would you prefer the creators protest so the show loses its license and ceases airing altogether? Derpy wasn't a thing until the fandom and you got your damn shout out. Why do you need to keep getting the same shoutout if you were already acknowledged?
posted

SilentKiller wrote:



Found this to be quite true.
I remember giving a perfectly logical answer to someone, explaining exactly what I like in the show and why it can be so popular. The person didn't listen a single word of what I said and just went "so you're just saying that the show is good that's not an answer". Since then I just go "fuck you" to anyone who asks why I love MLP. Seriously, when you ask a question, at least fucking listen to the answer.
posted
Why are you responding to a screencap of a bunch of carfuckers?
A lot of bronies do kind of attention whore. If someone doesn't like the show lay off 'em. If someone is desperately posting played out points is responding with the played out response proper?
posted
I was actually talking to SilentKiller, who agrees with what is said in the screenshot. And I agree with you when you say that lots of "bronies" are merely attention-whoring. My point was that most if not all of the people who ask that question don't give a shit about the answer, and that there ARE logical reasons why people like that show.
posted

Pokebis wrote:

Why are you responding to a screencap of a bunch of carfuckers?
because the logic is hilarious

I keep asking why people like MLP and the answer I keep getting from people who watch the show is "It's a good show". So why DO people watch it? Tell me, people who presumably don't watch it.

or, tl;dr, "I ask a question and get the same answer every time. Why?"
posted
Here's an article by Max Gilardi (The guy who made APPLE.MOV and others)
http://www.hotdiggedydemon.com/post/163 ... p-is-magic

This is the best article I have read regarding the MLP Phenomenon and as to why Bronies like MLP:FiM.
posted
That....was an epic article. Well posted.
(and thats quite the epic sig. nice fusion of Soul Eater and MLP)
posted

Quaraezha wrote:

Here's an article by Max Gilardi (The guy who made APPLE.MOV and others)
http://www.hotdiggedydemon.com/post/163 ... p-is-magic

This is the best article I have read regarding the MLP Phenomenon and as to why Bronies like MLP:FiM.
This is a wonderful article and I have been trying to speak it's contents for trillions of years

even the word bit
posted
I got 3 of the mane 6 toys :3
posted
Bronies, infiltrating "We Love Cupcakes" (Frankfurt, Germany). I wish I were there, but it was too far away :(



posted

awp wrote:

Pokebis wrote:

Why are you responding to a screencap of a bunch of carfuckers?
because the logic is hilarious

I keep asking why people like MLP and the answer I keep getting from people who watch the show is "It's a good show". So why DO people watch it? Tell me, people who presumably don't watch it.

or, tl;dr, "I ask a question and get the same answer every time. Why?"
Fuck logic haha
posted

ztrot wrote:

I got 3 of the mane 6 toys :3
Me is jelly
posted
posted

ztrot wrote:

I got 3 of the mane 6 toys :3
I have all the toys.
posted
The new Pony McDo Happy Meals aren't in the Philippines yet.

Which also sucks since Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy and Celestia weren't available in the first batch.
posted
Celestia's not one of the toys at all, though. It's Applejack, Lily Blossom, Cheerilee, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, and Rarity.

Unless the Philippines gets different toys?
posted
I think Pinkie's in there too
posted
knew I forgot someone
posted
Some kid at my school goes and gets a Mcdonalds toy like every day and he keeps giving me all the Raritys because he doesn't like them or something. Apparently they jacked the price of Mcdonalds toys from $0.50 to $0.90 a bit after these toys came out. Smart move, Mcdonalds.
posted
my ne Artwork (c) by me:

show more
Please sign in to reply.