forum

PIKOTARO - Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nakano Itsuki
I tried my best to make the map look nicer, and at the same time keeping the rhythms consistent.
Putting this here in case someone wants to look at it before TakoYaki uploads.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Feel free to give opinions on this partially remapped diff! http://starrstyx.s-ul.eu/MK4se7dv
Topic Starter
-TakoYaki-

StarrStyx wrote:

I tried my best to make the map look nicer, and at the same time keeping the rhythms consistent.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Feel free to give opinions on this partially remapped diff! http://starrstyx.s-ul.eu/MK4se7dv
Thanks! both of my diffs and StarR's diff are all updated. Thanks for everyone's suggestions!
Ashton

StarrStyx wrote:

it's okay, but i'd like to ask why was CS raised? (correct me if i'm wrong)

I'm still kind of worried about hte rhythm choice you made near the end (the 1/2 spam, when it could have been sliders in there like the beginning)

But who am I too judge, good luck.
autofanboy
Good luck
Topic Starter
-TakoYaki-

alienflybot wrote:

Good luck
Thanks! profb

/shrug
Beomsan
wtf(2)
Topic Starter
-TakoYaki-

Beomsan wrote:

wtf(2)
yes(2)
raririn
Wait, are you seriously asking me to mod this?
I personally do not like StarR's mapping style on this diff very much (It's ONLY my personal preference, I'm not meaning this diff is in low quality/is not well mapped) , but I guess both StarR's Insane & Insane are totally fine to be qualified, if you need my opinion.

About the source, I agree with you. Jubeat is not the actual source of this song.

My only question is whether we do need -takoyaki- as tags? Since your id is the same only with 2 characters capitalized, I doubt we can reach this map using -takoyaki- to search without this tag.
Topic Starter
-TakoYaki-

raririn wrote:

I personally do not like StarR's mapping style on this diff very much (It's ONLY my personal preference, I'm not meaning this diff is in low quality/is not well mapped) , but I guess both StarR's Insane & Insane are totally fine to be qualified, if you need my opinion.

About the source, I agree with you. Jubeat is not the actual source of this song.

My only question is whether we do need -takoyaki- as tags? Since your id is the same only with 2 characters capitalized, I doubt we can reach this map using -takoyaki- to search without this tag.
Thanks for the opinions ^^
Nightstalker
Alrighty, let's do this ^^

By the way, if you're having trouble with the BPM of the Song, maybe add it here: t/13795

Light Insane Diff:

SPOILER
  • Everything's good with this diff.

Insane Diff:

SPOILER
  • Well... the Insane diff is also good. Are you sure you need me to mod your Beatmap? I mean, I can't really call it modding if there is nothing to mod because it is already good the way it is :DD

StarR's Insane Diff:

SPOILER
  • And again, here's nothing to fix lol.

Okay uh. Well, there wasn't anything for me to mod, because the diffs are pretty much perfect the way they are lol.
I... I dunno what to do D:
Topic Starter
-TakoYaki-

Nightstalker wrote:

Alrighty, let's do this ^^

By the way, if you're having trouble with the BPM of the Song, maybe add it here: t/13795

Light Insane Diff:

SPOILER
  • Everything's good with this diff.

Insane Diff:

SPOILER
  • Well... the Insane diff is also good. Are you sure you need me to mod your Beatmap? I mean, I can't really call it modding if there is nothing to mod because it is already good the way it is :DD

StarR's Insane Diff:

SPOILER
  • And again, here's nothing to fix lol.

Okay uh. Well, there wasn't anything for me to mod, because the diffs are pretty much perfect the way they are lol.
I... I dunno what to do D:
Since the map got disqualified so I think we might need more mods :O

But anyways, thank you for checking ^^ that meant a lot!

Not sure if I can give kds for this D:
Nightstalker

-TakoYaki- wrote:

Not sure if I can give kds for this D:
No worries, it wouldn't feel rewarding because all I did was just checking. I wasn't able to mod the map at all, so it's fine hehe :D
Good luck :)
GIDZ

raririn wrote:

I think he can add "takoyaki" to tags since "-takoyaki- is his username and will be auto tagged so people dun have to type the dash symbol. I put "gidz" in tags for my maps so people dun have to type the dash and spaces to search for my maps, therefore I only think its sensible for him to do the same?
raririn

- G I D Z - wrote:

I think he can add "takoyaki" to tags since "-takoyaki- is his username and will be auto tagged so people dun have to type the dash symbol. I put "gidz" in tags for my maps so people dun have to type the dash and spaces to search for my maps, therefore I only think its sensible for him to do the same?
Yes, what I meant is that "-takoyaki-" is useless since it's the same as the username.
And sure, "takoyaki" is fine as long as the mapper would like it in the tags, but is not necessary imo. Actually the research system removes all hyphens in the terms used, so if you mean to search for -takoyaki-'s maps, "takoyaki" and "-takoyaki-" works exactly the same.
Skylish

snowball112 wrote:

Heya, just some stuff for the taiko diffs:
General
  1. You should try using lower volume before 00:10:126. This parts sounds really loud imo, and the main instruments start at 00:10:126. > Both parts actually share the same dynamic. The illusion of felling that the main melody is a bit louder is due to the presence of electronic drum kicks which are quite outstanding solely.
  2. Using hitobjects from 00:43:655 until 00:45:039 doesn't look good imo, hitsounds stay the same even though it's vocal and you've been going with instruments the whole time so it sounds really loud. Also, similar part at 00:36:596 is left blank, I don't think this looks neat for overall structure. I suggest you just leave both parts empty to not conflict with the what you mapped before. > The first solo is left for empty since the song is actually on going with the melody. I feel awkward if I map the solo vocal there because of a different mapping channel. But the case is different at the second solo which is already the end of the song. I feel like it is necessary to map the vocal part there to fill the map up a bit before the spinner.

Skylish's Muzukashii
  1. I think you can remove 00:10:346 and 00:13:876. Even though this song is repetetive, you can still have a bit of variety in spacing, the diff is fairly similar to oni as well otherwise. > If it is futsuu, I would like to do so. I prefer very solid patterns built up in Muzukashii. Variations are done at 00:17:185 (1,2,3,4,5) - and 00:24:244 (1,2,3,4,5) - .
  2. Slider on 00:16:082 just sounds weird because there is no drumroll but rather a hold sound, I think a single note on 00:16:082 would sound much better and be better for consistent structure like at 00:12:552. > In terms of consistency, 00:16:082 - should not be just a single note then as you pointed out that it is a holded note, while 00:12:552 - is a shconsidering the gameplay effect, this slider should go well.
  3. I don't think the spacing of 00:17:185 (1,2,3,4,5,6) works very well, mainly because you have a note on 00:17:405 even though the background instruments are stronger at 00:18:288. I suggest you remove 00:17:405 and move 00:17:846 to 00:18:288 and try a structure like

this, cursor on 00:18:949. Even if you justify this with mapping to the vocal, in that case 00:17:846 should be a k and there would have had to be a note at 00:19:832 as well by the same logic. Also, the note 00:18:950 (7) is off by 1ms, should be on 00:18:949. > Refer to the above reply about variations and use of patterns. I did not intend to map vocal part fairly speaking.
  4. You can remove 00:21:817 and change 00:21:596 to D. I don't think K sounds good for vocal because up until now the only thing you've used k on is the high instrument sound, and suddenly you use it for vocal, I don' think this looks good. > Katsu are actually used for emphasizing any outstanding stuff from the music. k is mapped as drum kick, while K is mapped as the 'UHH'. Kdk pattern needs not to be changed imo since the structure is still remaining Nnn (nnn) which are concretely spread among the map.
  5. Remove 00:27:663 and use similar spacing to the previous suggestion for this part as well, there is nothing that would support a 1/4 here, the only sounds which would support this imo are from 00:26:670 to 00:26:891 for example where you can emphasize the long sound in the music, but you can save that for the oni diff. > Monochrome d triplet is added at the tail and head of old and new phrases respectively. Ghost note is acceptable imo, personal style perhaps. It is not really likely able to add sth into the main melody tbh.
  6. Remove 00:38:581 and 00:42:662 and 00:42:111 as well, looks a lot better for spacing imo. > Same as above then, spacing is sufficiently give after drum kicks.

Skylish's Oni
  1. You could replace the stream at 00:08:361 with a spinner, would sound much better. It would also be better for spread if you just make more differences later where the diffs are more alike currently instead of forcing a huge difference right at the start in my opinion. > That's how I differ Muzukashii and Oni by inputting different elements. That'd be real boring for using Spinner in Muzukashii, in Oni as well.
  2. I think you can remove 00:10:788 for a better spread and to avoid such a long note chain here. Similar with 00:14:317. > This note is put to increase the note density. Longer chain of notes is expected comparing with Muzukashii.
  3. Remove 00:13:545. This note emphasizes nothing. > Refer to the use of triplet in Muzukashii. It also applies in Oni, as Oni is literally based on Muzukashii.
  4. 00:16:082 - replace with a d like in muzu, a drumroll seems unfitting here. > same reply then.
  5. You can remove 00:17:405 and change 00:17:847 to k for emphasis of the vocal here and a bit of variety.
  6. You can remove 00:18:949 as well for better emphasis, it doesn't make much sense to have a note here and leave 00:19:832 blank even though there is much more going on in the music. You should add notes on 00:19:721 and 00:19:832 and remove both 00:20:494 and 00:20:604. The sounds at 00:19:611 would support a 1/4 pattern, but there is no 1/4 at 00:20:494. > > The mapping channel stays at instrumental layer ONLY. Only 'UHH" is emphasized when it comes to vocal part. Triplets are oftenly used for joining up two sessions or some instrumental parts. I completely neglect the vocal part simply as the vocal is shifting along the rhythm. Is it that good to mention the shifting vocal by shifting the mapping channels all the time?
  7. Emphasis of the "uhh" in the music is really poor if you just map continuos 1/2 around it, I feel like you should use larger spacing to emphasize this more. I suggest you remove both 00:21:376 and 00:21:817 and change 00:21:596 to D. > Isolating 'UHH" would be a worse choice comparing with the current one: pay attention to the note density btw Muzukashii and Oni. The instrumental layer is moving on even though 'UHH' exists. It is not appropriate to leave the background layer behind.
  8. You could move 00:22:258 to 00:23:361 and 00:24:133 to 00:23:251 because the long sound in the music would justify the use of 1/4 more than at 00:24:023. Then you could remove 00:24:464 as well.
  9. After applying the above, you should make the second loop consistent with this, eg. 00:24:906 k, 00:25:898 and 00:26:009 remove, 1/4 from 00:26:670 to 00:26:891 instead of at 00:27:552 etc. Similar with 00:29:317 the 1/4 should not be here, but at 00:30:199.

^ > pretty much against my mapping style tbh, judged by all replies above. It is absolutely going wrong while you are asking for deletion of notes on metronome, which does not make any sense to a concretely built difficulty, though you may argue that it is VERY VERY BORING, that's how the music elements at the background being limited.
  10. Remove 00:32:405 and 00:34:170 since there is no sound here. > those d are put to slightly show some differs btw Muzukashii and Oni and that session. Ghost notes are allowed when it does not really matter to gameplay effect.
  11. I think you should try to make the part from 00:38:361 consistent to the part at 00:10:126. i don't think it makes sense to have the difficulty spike at the end with so much 1/4 when the most intense part of the song is somewhere in the middle. > The accel.ing density is quite obvious along the map. If the song is already boring enough, what if I follow the previous pattern and density? That's spiraling up the case only.

Overall, structure is not that great in my opinion because you've mapped 1/2 note chains for the most part and used 1/4 that seem a bit random instead of where the music would support them, eg. at 00:20:494 instead of 00:19:611. And the last part needs to be less intense especially in the oni since this does not correspond to what the song provides.

> The reason of not being great is that the musical elements are very limited at the instrumental part. The difficulties look BORING but they are nothing wrong tbh as far as note spread, density, personal styles and consistencies are concerned.

Good luck
Thanks for giving some feedback though.
iiBehe
My Mod!

NNK's Hard

1. CS to 3.6?

00:12:994 (4) - new combo
00:32:627 (4) - same ^
00:34:390 (4) - same ^

The map was good for my Opinion...

Insane

00:14:096 (2,3) - make it 1 step high
00:23:141 (3) - new combo
00:33:508 (2) - make it 1 step low

and ofcourse, there is no more to mod... it was really good so far...
-N a n a k o-

SignOfAge wrote:

My Mod!

NNK's Hard

1. CS to 3.6? ???

00:12:994 (4) - new combo
00:32:627 (4) - same ^
00:34:390 (4) - same ^

I would like to reject all of this NC mods because all the beat that you have mention are connected with the previous
ltnt_pedro
light insane hp drain should be reduced to 6
-N a n a k o-
When
a_piasta
i hope never
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.