1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Beatmap Graveyard
show more
posted
ah thanks for the clarification.

In fact for 00:06:596 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I assumed it was perpendicular but w/e
like I said, Im gonna do some big changes anyway so I'll get some more opinions when I finish fixing them.

Thanks for the concern!
posted
Heya, just some stuff for the taiko diffs:
General
  1. You should try using lower volume before 00:10:126. This parts sounds really loud imo, and the main instruments start at 00:10:126.
  2. Using hitobjects from 00:43:655 until 00:45:039 doesn't look good imo, hitsounds stay the same even though it's vocal and you've been going with instruments the whole time so it sounds really loud. Also, similar part at 00:36:596 is left blank, I don't think this looks neat for overall structure. I suggest you just leave both parts empty to not conflict with the what you mapped before.
Skylish's Muzukashii
  1. I think you can remove 00:10:346 and 00:13:876. Even though this song is repetetive, you can still have a bit of variety in spacing, the diff is fairly similar to oni as well otherwise.
  2. Slider on 00:16:082 just sounds weird because there is no drumroll but rather a hold sound, I think a single note on 00:16:082 would sound much better and be better for consistent structure like at 00:12:552.
  3. I don't think the spacing of 00:17:185 (1,2,3,4,5,6) works very well, mainly because you have a note on 00:17:405 even though the background instruments are stronger at 00:18:288. I suggest you remove 00:17:405 and move 00:17:846 to 00:18:288 and try a structure like this, cursor on 00:18:949. Even if you justify this with mapping to the vocal, in that case 00:17:846 should be a k and there would have had to be a note at 00:19:832 as well by the same logic. Also, the note 00:18:950 (7) is off by 1ms, should be on 00:18:949.
  4. You can remove 00:21:817 and change 00:21:596 to D. I don't think K sounds good for vocal because up until now the only thing you've used k on is the high instrument sound, and suddenly you use it for vocal, I don' think this looks good.
  5. Remove 00:27:663 and use similar spacing to the previous suggestion for this part as well, there is nothing that would support a 1/4 here, the only sounds which would support this imo are from 00:26:670 to 00:26:891 for example where you can emphasize the long sound in the music, but you can save that for the oni diff.
  6. Remove 00:38:581 and 00:42:662 and 00:42:111 as well, looks a lot better for spacing imo.
Skylish's Oni
  1. You could replace the stream at 00:08:361 with a spinner, would sound much better. It would also be better for spread if you just make more differences later where the diffs are more alike currently instead of forcing a huge difference right at the start in my opinion.
  2. I think you can remove 00:10:788 for a better spread and to avoid such a long note chain here. Similar with 00:14:317.
  3. Remove 00:13:545. This note emphasizes nothing.
  4. 00:16:082 - replace with a d like in muzu, a drumroll seems unfitting here.
  5. You can remove 00:17:405 and change 00:17:847 to k for emphasis of the vocal here and a bit of variety.
  6. You can remove 00:18:949 as well for better emphasis, it doesn't make much sense to have a note here and leave 00:19:832 blank even though there is much more going on in the music. You should add notes on 00:19:721 and 00:19:832 and remove both 00:20:494 and 00:20:604. The sounds at 00:19:611 would support a 1/4 pattern, but there is no 1/4 at 00:20:494.
  7. Emphasis of the "uhh" in the music is really poor if you just map continuos 1/2 around it, I feel like you should use larger spacing to emphasize this more. I suggest you remove both 00:21:376 and 00:21:817 and change 00:21:596 to D.
  8. You could move 00:22:258 to 00:23:361 and 00:24:133 to 00:23:251 because the long sound in the music would justify the use of 1/4 more than at 00:24:023. Then you could remove 00:24:464 as well.
  9. After applying the above, you should make the second loop consistent with this, eg. 00:24:906 k, 00:25:898 and 00:26:009 remove, 1/4 from 00:26:670 to 00:26:891 instead of at 00:27:552 etc. Similar with 00:29:317 the 1/4 should not be here, but at 00:30:199.
  10. Remove 00:32:405 and 00:34:170 since there is no sound here.
  11. I think you should try to make the part from 00:38:361 consistent to the part at 00:10:126. i don't think it makes sense to have the difficulty spike at the end with so much 1/4 when the most intense part of the song is somewhere in the middle.

Overall, structure is not that great in my opinion because you've mapped 1/2 note chains for the most part and used 1/4 that seem a bit random instead of where the music would support them, eg. at 00:20:494 instead of 00:19:611. And the last part needs to be less intense especially in the oni since this does not correspond to what the song provides.

Good luck
posted
that song xDDDDD
posted

KittyAdventure wrote:

I agree with Kuo Kyoka!

Source: jubeat Qubell

https://twitter.com/jubeat_staff
http://p.eagate.573.jp/game/jubeat/qube ... REDIRECT=2





i dont think is really "necessary" to put "jubear qubell" as source, because this song wasnt part of the game when it got released :v
posted
on other news...

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6477250

WHY YOU GUYS DQ THIS MAP ;n; TOOK ME 1 HOUR TO FC THE HARD DIFF WITH ALL MODS : IT WAS MY SECOND #1 ;n;
posted

Joe Castle wrote:

on other news...

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6477250

WHY YOU GUYS DQ THIS MAP ;n; TOOK ME 1 HOUR TO FC THE HARD DIFF WITH ALL MODS : IT WAS MY SECOND #1 ;n;
;w; I am sorry for the inconvenience, but many people think that we should improve our diffs. It would take some time for us to get it back on track :<
posted
I tried my best to make the map look nicer, and at the same time keeping the rhythms consistent.
Putting this here in case someone wants to look at it before TakoYaki uploads.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Feel free to give opinions on this partially remapped diff! http://starrstyx.s-ul.eu/MK4se7dv
posted

StarrStyx wrote:

I tried my best to make the map look nicer, and at the same time keeping the rhythms consistent.
Putting this here in case someone wants to look at it before TakoYaki uploads.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Feel free to give opinions on this partially remapped diff! http://starrstyx.s-ul.eu/MK4se7dv
Thanks! both of my diffs and StarR's diff are all updated. Thanks for everyone's suggestions!
posted

StarrStyx wrote:

I tried my best to make the map look nicer, and at the same time keeping the rhythms consistent.
Putting this here in case someone wants to look at it before TakoYaki uploads.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Feel free to give opinions on this partially remapped diff! http://starrstyx.s-ul.eu/MK4se7dv
it's okay, but i'd like to ask why was CS raised? (correct me if i'm wrong)

I'm still kind of worried about hte rhythm choice you made near the end (the 1/2 spam, when it could have been sliders in there like the beginning)

But who am I too judge, good luck.
posted
Good luck
posted

alienflybot wrote:

Good luck
Thanks! profb

/shrug
posted
wtf(2)
posted

Beomsan wrote:

wtf(2)
yes(2)
posted
Wait, are you seriously asking me to mod this?
I personally do not like StarR's mapping style on this diff very much (It's ONLY my personal preference, I'm not meaning this diff is in low quality/is not well mapped) , but I guess both StarR's Insane & Insane are totally fine to be qualified, if you need my opinion.

About the source, I agree with you. Jubeat is not the actual source of this song.

My only question is whether we do need -takoyaki- as tags? Since your id is the same only with 2 characters capitalized, I doubt we can reach this map using -takoyaki- to search without this tag.
posted

raririn wrote:

Wait, are you seriously asking me to mod this?
I personally do not like StarR's mapping style on this diff very much (It's ONLY my personal preference, I'm not meaning this diff is in low quality/is not well mapped) , but I guess both StarR's Insane & Insane are totally fine to be qualified, if you need my opinion.

About the source, I agree with you. Jubeat is not the actual source of this song.

My only question is whether we do need -takoyaki- as tags? Since your id is the same only with 2 characters capitalized, I doubt we can reach this map using -takoyaki- to search without this tag.
Thanks for the opinions ^^
posted
Alrighty, let's do this ^^

By the way, if you're having trouble with the BPM of the Song, maybe add it here: t/13795

Light Insane Diff:

  • Everything's good with this diff.


Insane Diff:

  • Well... the Insane diff is also good. Are you sure you need me to mod your Beatmap? I mean, I can't really call it modding if there is nothing to mod because it is already good the way it is :DD


StarR's Insane Diff:

  • And again, here's nothing to fix lol.


Okay uh. Well, there wasn't anything for me to mod, because the diffs are pretty much perfect the way they are lol.
I... I dunno what to do D:
posted

Nightstalker wrote:

Alrighty, let's do this ^^

By the way, if you're having trouble with the BPM of the Song, maybe add it here: t/13795

Light Insane Diff:

  • Everything's good with this diff.


Insane Diff:

  • Well... the Insane diff is also good. Are you sure you need me to mod your Beatmap? I mean, I can't really call it modding if there is nothing to mod because it is already good the way it is :DD


StarR's Insane Diff:

  • And again, here's nothing to fix lol.


Okay uh. Well, there wasn't anything for me to mod, because the diffs are pretty much perfect the way they are lol.
I... I dunno what to do D:
Since the map got disqualified so I think we might need more mods :O

But anyways, thank you for checking ^^ that meant a lot!

Not sure if I can give kds for this D:
posted

-TakoYaki- wrote:

Not sure if I can give kds for this D:
No worries, it wouldn't feel rewarding because all I did was just checking. I wasn't able to mod the map at all, so it's fine hehe :D
Good luck :)
posted

raririn wrote:

Wait, are you seriously asking me to mod this?
I personally do not like StarR's mapping style on this diff very much (It's ONLY my personal preference, I'm not meaning this diff is in low quality/is not well mapped) , but I guess both StarR's Insane & Insane are totally fine to be qualified, if you need my opinion.

About the source, I agree with you. Jubeat is not the actual source of this song.

My only question is whether we do need -takoyaki- as tags? Since your id is the same only with 2 characters capitalized, I doubt we can reach this map using -takoyaki- to search without this tag.
I think he can add "takoyaki" to tags since "-takoyaki- is his username and will be auto tagged so people dun have to type the dash symbol. I put "gidz" in tags for my maps so people dun have to type the dash and spaces to search for my maps, therefore I only think its sensible for him to do the same?
posted

- G I D Z - wrote:

I think he can add "takoyaki" to tags since "-takoyaki- is his username and will be auto tagged so people dun have to type the dash symbol. I put "gidz" in tags for my maps so people dun have to type the dash and spaces to search for my maps, therefore I only think its sensible for him to do the same?
Yes, what I meant is that "-takoyaki-" is useless since it's the same as the username.
And sure, "takoyaki" is fine as long as the mapper would like it in the tags, but is not necessary imo. Actually the research system removes all hyphens in the terms used, so if you mean to search for -takoyaki-'s maps, "takoyaki" and "-takoyaki-" works exactly the same.
show more
Please sign in to reply.