1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Beatmap Graveyard
show more
posted
the meme
posted

KittyAdventure wrote:

Gratzz! :D

I have a Tako
I have a Yaki
Uhh
TakoYaki
Thanks!

I have a Kitty,
I have a nice Adventure,
Uhh
KittyAdventure


_Meep_ wrote:

gratz

kill me
Thank you!
It's ok, it won't hurt.

MrSergio wrote:

the meme
is real.
posted
(it's nov. 2nd)


The two hardest diffs seem overspaced in some parts. Also some rhythm inconsistencies in the hardest diff.

[StaR's Insane]

00:06:596 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - here, the sounds of the instrument are no where near as loud / pronounced as 00:11:891 (1,2,3,4) - these sounds, yet 00:11:891 (1,2,3,4) - these are seperated closer than 00:06:596 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - these

00:18:949 (1,2,3,4) - very largely spaced when the music isn't calling for big spaced jumps like these

00:36:596 (1,2,1,2) - these don't really fit with the vocals, also 00:36:596 (1,2,1,2,1,2,3) - these should be %10 volume

00:38:361 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - these should be mapped like 00:10:126 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,1,2) - this, I mean not copy paste way, but rhythm wise

00:43:655 (1,2,1,2) - so these are spaced yet 00:36:596 (1,2,1,2) - these aren't? Just stack them again like you did before, no need to do this.

The last part of this diff is basically just 1/2 spam to raise pp gain + sr. It doesn't fit with the song at all.

[Insane]

00:26:008 (1,2,3) - why all of a sudden increase in spacing?

00:27:773 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - again same thing, and they should be spaced the same

00:36:596 (1,2,1,2) - these sould be stacked, not harder than StaR's Insane, and like I said before, It doesn't go well with the lyrics and there's no need to do across the screen jumps

00:38:801 (2,3,5) - these should be the same

00:43:655 (1,2,1,2) - stack these please

these suggestions also occur in the light insane diff, it's p easy to spot out.
posted
The thing with spacing in any map is that theres no set rule of "big" or "small" spacing.

Yes, the spacing is rather large in this map, however since the song's intensity is really consistent throughout the whole song, i maintained the same spacing throughout the whole diff in order to maintain the feel that the song's intensity is the same. Also it's the highest diff lol, what do you expect? Spacing that is nearly the same as low diffs? I don't really see why I can't space it out more since its the hardest diff anyway, its supposed to provide a challenge.

00:06:596 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - as I mentioned, the song's intensity, to me seems really consistent throughout the whole song therefore i made them spaced similarly; also i dont really think 00:11:891 (1,2,3,4) - are really that differently spaced lol
00:18:949 (1,2,3,4) - ^ same reasoning
00:36:596 (1,2,1,2) - i stacked those and then made a triangle pattern after these to suit to the lyrics: "pen pine" as one group, "apple" as one.
00:38:361 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - all these beats are monotone beats and a held sound such as the one here 00:40:788 (4) - doesn't really exist lol, thats why i used all circles here.
00:43:655 (1,2,1,2) - you're kinda right but i wanted some variation here, therefore why i made these spaced instead.

i hope this answers your concerns about my difficulty!
posted

StarrStyx wrote:

The thing with spacing in any map is that theres no set rule of "big" or "small" spacing.

Yes, the spacing is rather large in this map, however since the song's intensity is really consistent throughout the whole song, i maintained the same spacing throughout the whole diff in order to maintain the feel that the song's intensity is the same. Also it's the highest diff lol, what do you expect? Spacing that is nearly the same as low diffs? I don't really see why I can't space it out more since its the hardest diff anyway, its supposed to provide a challenge. You can space things out more in the hardest diff, but it's to a consent to where it just doesn't make sense.

00:06:596 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - as I mentioned, the song's intensity, to me seems really consistent throughout the whole song therefore i made them spaced similarly; also i dont really think 00:11:891 (1,2,3,4) - are really that differently spaced
00:18:949 (1,2,3,4) - ^ same reasoning
00:36:596 (1,2,1,2) - i stacked those and then made a triangle pattern after these to suit to the lyrics: "pen pine" as one group, "apple" as one.they are the same "pen pine apple apple pen" though? Also, 00:43:655 (1,2,1,2) - these should be distanced the same, so a stack would be best
00:38:361 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - all these beats are monotone beats and a held sound such as the one here 00:40:788 (4) - doesn't really exist lol, thats why i used all circles here. it's literally the same part of the song, the same back sound. If you added sliders it would sound a lot better, and if you do keep the circles then whats the point in making them all 1/2?
00:43:655 (1,2,1,2) - you're kinda right but i wanted some variation here, therefore why i made these spaced instead. the song is repetitive, it was your choice to make the GD. repetitive song should equal repetitive map, and it is only 30 seconds, so players aren't going to get bored if you do the same thing twice.

i hope this answers your concerns about my difficulty!
hmm, I still think this is pretty inconsistent spacing.

some of it I understand, yes your maps spacing is consistent, but it doesn't go with the song at all. I can take a 130 bpm song and space the notes very big, and yes it would be consistent, but it doesn't make sense
posted

CanadianBaka wrote:

00:06:596 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - as I mentioned, the song's intensity, to me seems really consistent throughout the whole song therefore i made them spaced similarly; also i dont really think 00:11:891 (1,2,3,4) - are really that differently spaced
00:18:949 (1,2,3,4) - ^ same reasoning
00:36:596 (1,2,1,2) - i stacked those and then made a triangle pattern after these to suit to the lyrics: "pen pine" as one group, "apple" as one.they are the same "pen pine apple apple pen" though? Also, 00:43:655 (1,2,1,2) - these should be distanced the same, so a stack would be best refer to what i said below
00:38:361 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - all these beats are monotone beats and a held sound such as the one here 00:40:788 (4) - doesn't really exist lol, thats why i used all circles here. it's literally the same part of the song, the same backsound. If you added sliders it would sound a lot better, and if you do keep the circles then whats the point in making them all 1/2? I don't like the presence of sliders when theres no evident held sound in the music, so why should I use sliders? Also I myself think circles sound better than sliders so why not?
00:43:655 (1,2,1,2) - you're kinda right but i wanted some variation here, therefore why i made these spaced instead. the song is repetetive, it was your choice to make the GD. repetetive song should equal repetetive map, and it is only 30 seconds, so players aren't going to get bored if you do the same thing twice. Yes, the song is repetitive, but why can I not make the pattern different? Don't assume the players first; I want the pattern to be different because I prefer variety

hmm, I still think this is pretty inconsistant spacing.

some of it I understand, yes your maps spacing is consistant, but it doesn't go with the song at all.

I can take a really slow bpm song, and space the jumps really big, yes it's consistent but it doesn't make sense.
I can understand you saying that the bpm of the song is low, and yes I agree with that.

However, does the low bpm necessarily mean that the song isn't intense? There are plenty of songs that have more or less the same bpm, however their intensity could vary greatly. (I could list maps here, however I think its unfair to use maps to my defense so I won't be doing that.) This song, despite having a low bpm, is very upbeat and i dont see a problem with keeping this spacing at all.

Also, please elaborate when you say the spacing is inconsistent, and yet you say its consistent just a few words later
posted
apple pen pineapple pen
posted
NOOO YOU DIDN'T AHAHHAHA

congrats
posted

CanadianBaka wrote:

(it's nov. 2nd)


The two hardest diffs seem overspaced in some parts. Also some rhythm inconsistencies in the hardest diff. :thinking: subjective

[Insane]

00:26:008 (1,2,3) - why all of a sudden increase in spacing? varying DS makes the map a bit more stylish, at the same time increasing the difficulty.

00:27:773 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - again same thing, and they should be spaced the same same, keeping the same DS in this kind of jumps makes it more playful.

00:36:596 (1,2,1,2) - these sould be stacked, not harder than StaR's Insane, and like I said before, It doesn't go well with the lyrics and there's no need to do across the screen jumps It depends on the mapping style. Considering difficulty, if you compare this part with StarR's 00:38:361 (1) - it's no way that this diff is harder than his. Besides, I used across the screen jumps here to emphasise the main part of the song because the title "Pen Pineapple Apple Pen" was introduced here.

00:38:801 (2,3,5) - these should be the same ummm, what do you mean by the same here?

00:43:655 (1,2,1,2) - stack these please As explained before, it depends on the mapping style. Furthermore, I don't think there are rhythms that tell us to use certain mapping patterns, it's just how the mapper interpret the song.

pretty much these occur in light insane also. They are pretty much opinions rather than critical unrankable issues. :oops: I've explained my idea here, if you found any problem in both diffs that bothers you a lot please also point them out.
Anyways, Thank you very much :)
posted
honestly the spacing isnt even big lol like tbh the only place you can really argue it's overdone is from 00:38:361 (1) - onwards and at that point it's backed up by repetitive 1/2 rhythms (kick, snare, hihat etc

grats on ur first q btw//
posted

Gaia wrote:

honestly the spacing isnt even big lol like tbh the only place you can really argue it's overdone is from 00:38:361 (1) - onwards and at that point it's backed up by repetitive 1/2 rhythms (kick, snare, hihat etc

grats on ur first q btw//
Thanks m8! O/
posted
if circles sound better near the last part, then why isn't it mapped the same in the beginning? LOL

Your reasons for the insane diff are pretty good


but i'm still really concerned about the hardest diff.

The reason I called your spacing in the hardest diff inconsistent was because it doesn't go with the song, even though it has consistent spacing (like I sad a million times before)

I didn't assume the players first, and I totally agree with your opinion, and having a different patten is fine in a song like this. But the thing is, this although may be different pattern for some variety, there is no real meaning to why you chose this certain pattern and would be more fitted with lower spaced jumps. You can still change up the pattern + have a diff that makes sense.

I'll try to go down in most detail for the hardest diff as to why I think this needs to be disqualified

(although it's not unrankable, there are still many things that break the guidelines)

[StarStyxx's Insane]

00:06:596 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I'm still worried about this, there's no need for you to space these notes this far apart, if anything, if you wanted to add jumps that are this far apart it would be... It would be hmm... NO WHERE! Because yes low bpm doesn't always mean it has to be low spacing, this song is at a pretty consistent level of intensity at all parts, meaning that all the notes should be nearly spaced the same. Yes I agree that the beginning should be jumps, but lower spacing on them please, you can still have a nice 4* with lower spacing you know
00:09:464 - why aren't the vocals here mapped even though you mapped the other vocals?
00:11:008 (1) - this clickable and 00:11:449 (2,3) - this a slider to match the rhythm you used before, inconsistent, breaks guidelines, awkward.
00:11:891 (1,2,3,4) - these notes are placed 3.7x apart, yet 00:11:008 (1,2) - these are only placed 2.4x apart? They are the same sound, just without the little draggy sound 00:11:008 (1,2) - here, meaning they should at least be the same distance (well, close to the same distance)
00:18:508 (5,4) - this is stacked but 00:14:979 (2,3) - these aren't?
00:36:826 (2,2,3) - make these all claps (go for all diffs) because it feels really weird to have them as just soft hitnormals
00:38:582 (2,2) - distance between these should be the same as 00:39:464 (2,2) - these
00:43:655 (1,2) - this same spaced as 00:44:116 (1,2) - this, if you don't decide to stack

if you wish to ignore these with "that is subjective, and isn't unrankable." then i'm fine with that, but kind of a waste of my time T B H .

Gaia wrote:

honestly the spacing isnt even big lol like tbh the only place you can really argue it's overdone is from 00:38:361 (1) - onwards and at that point it's backed up by repetitive 1/2 rhythms (kick, snare, hihat etc

grats on ur first q btw//
Yes, thats the part i'm most worried about, the other parts are mainly just O K and should be taken into consideration when StarStyxx maps other GDs/Maps

the repetitive 1/2 rhythms DO make sense with the song, but it could be a lot better mapped with sliders.

"honestly isnt even big lol"

for a 130bpm song, it is.
posted
Guidelines are not rules... they can be broken when the mapping is ok lol

00:06:596 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - im sorry but your reasoning is not enough to persuade me that the spacing is overdone even when the intensity is the same
00:09:464 - I simply don't want to map this part when theres no background music to support it; although i did map the vocals that dont have background music later on in the map, this blank space is simply just cuz i want it to be a lead in to the main rhythm; filling this gap with notes would seem really strange and weird.
00:11:008 (1) - 00:11:449 (2,3) - now tell me, what guideline are you talking about that forbids me from changing up the rhythm?
00:11:891 (1,2,3,4) - lets just not go down to the exact spacing, this is an insane lol; also i just wanted to progress from like, small spacing to large spacing so thats why. (same for the followiing section as well in the song)
00:18:508 (5,4) - Then what's the reason for making it stacked? There's no guideline that regulates that if I stacked [A note with B note] I have to stack [C note with D note] as well
00:36:826 (2,2,3) - are you literally telling me to clap on a silent, no background music and vocal only part of the song lol, no
00:38:582 (2,2) - 00:39:464 (2,2) - I see literally no distance in spacing when playing, no need to go down to the tiniest and most exact spacing
00:43:655 (1,2) - 00:44:116 (1,2) - i mostly changed the spacing just cuz the lyrics are different, just my personal taste

I hope I answered your concerns; however I still hold true that this version is fit to be ranked.
Thanks!

Edit for the other part of your post's edit:
Can we just not use bpm as an indicator of a song's intensity? For example there can be a bunch of songs that are 160 bpm, yet can sound really soft or really intense that can warrent both low and high spacing respectively.
Also what you mean by better? I prefer circles because sliderends do not have the emphasis on strong beats like circles do, thats why i did not put sliders.

Edit 2: Just to clarify, guidelines are not rules. If this makes a map more fun to play, why can I not deviate from the guideline a bit?
posted
if you do truly believe that overspacing a map for PP and SR, oh well.
posted
yes i can finally get easy 200pp from this map <3
posted

Xendogenesis wrote:

yes i can finally get easy 200pp from this map <3
Yay <3
posted
oh gdi, penpainapoapopen!!!
posted
Why there are some unnecessary tags like jump funny lol short piko taro (duplicated artist) and this pen pineapple is incomplete. NNK is also unnecessary because it is not a real user but just a pen name of -N a n a k o-
I know this song is meant for fun but that tags are unnecessary and have 0% relation to the song well yeah, it's for fun but funny is a reaction of most of the people in that song and doesn't have anything to do with the song itself.
posted

Janpai wrote:

Why there are some unnecessary tags like jump funny lol short piko taro (duplicated artist) and this pen pineapple is incomplete. NNK is also unnecessary because it is not a real user but just a pen name of -N a n a k o-
I know this song is meant for fun but that tags are unnecessary and have 0% relation to the song well yeah, it's for fun but funny is a reaction of most of the people in that song and doesn't have anything to do with the song itself.
agreed.
posted
Congratulations on the qualify.

hi shiirn
show more
Please sign in to reply.