forum

dB soundworks - The Battle of Lil' Slugger

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
lolcubes
Some additional changes to the Insane have been made, some lame patterns were re-created into something better.
Also just a note about the spacings, everything is intentional pretty much due to low SV, so some notes are placed "by feeling". The map is slightly jumpy yet nothing too hard, hopefully you will enjoy it.
Combo colors had some rework as well (different colors for kiai).
laport
YGOkid8
Easy:
01:46:246 (1) - Delete this (for more spin recovery time)

Normal:
- Increase Circle Size by 1 (looks a lot better imo). How it looks now looks a bit "naked", if you know what i mean.

00:17:746 (2) - Move 3 grids left (lvl4)

Insane:
00:07:246 (2,3) - Switch (2) and (3). The way it is now feels very unnatural and awkward. Apart from that, the rest of the diff. flows beautifully.

This is a great map. Short, simple, fun. Love it. Fix those stuff then I'll bubble :)
Topic Starter
lolcubes

YGOkid8 wrote:

Easy:
01:46:246 (1) - Delete this (for more spin recovery time) Doing that would make a "hole" in the map and it would sound bad. Instead, I am making a slider here which would be easy to hit and slide. (same goes for the first kiai as well)

Normal:
- Increase Circle Size by 1 (looks a lot better imo). How it looks now looks a bit "naked", if you know what i mean. Done.

00:17:746 (2) - Move 3 grids left (lvl4) Done.

Insane:
00:07:246 (2,3) - Switch (2) and (3). The way it is now feels very unnatural and awkward. Apart from that, the rest of the diff. flows beautifully. Done.

This is a great map. Short, simple, fun. Love it. Fix those stuff then I'll bubble :)
Thanks. :3
YGOkid8
~
al2e10
Just a remineder

- Insane
00:02:146 (3,3) - Isn't it a cover? It is not cover right.

- Easy
(AImod) 01:46:246 (1,2,3) - I don't know why, but just fix it by distance snap ~.~ The spacing is something wrong.
Topic Starter
lolcubes

KingsAL2 wrote:

Just a remineder

- Insane

- Easy
(AImod) 01:46:246 (1,2,3) - I don't know why, but just fix it by distance snap ~.~ The spacing is something wrong.
I just hope you didn't waste your time because of this thread. These aren't breaking any of the mapping rules and are perfectly fine.
Sorry for being harsh, but you asked for it.
al2e10

lolcubes wrote:

KingsAL2 wrote:

Just a remineder

- Insane

- Easy
I just hope you didn't waste your time because of this thread. These aren't breaking any of the mapping rules and are perfectly fine.
Sorry for being harsh, but you asked for it.
Nonono, just a remineder~
You can change it if you want, you can ignore it if you want. I poped some bubbles without posting anyting on it. (Unless I tried once only)
So, don't be angry for that. ;)
Topic Starter
lolcubes
Fair enough. And no, I won't change them. :)
YGOkid8
and i was scared that an all out angry argument was about to come. good job you two on stopping that :o
jericho2442
Design mod

Easy
i despise the fast spinners for a easy diff.....but they are rankable i guess

Normal
01:33:646 (1) - totally pointless new combo, i say remove it xD

hard

00:36:046 (1) - again this combo feels totally pointless
00:50:446 (1,2,3) - broken spacing, i know that you have done this for the sake of pattern, but the broken spacing at this point really does not suit, these notes have the same timing but completely different spacing even though the song does not call for it, i really advise you to increase the spacing of (2,3)
01:08:446 (5,1) - this smaller spacing plays extremely bad, it needs more space
01:33:646 (1) - again combo feels pointless

Insane

00:06:646 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - i have to say i think this pattern had pretty broken flow, first off i found it annoying to read, but mainly because of the pattern you stack on (3,4) and stacking in the middle of this jump pattern really did not feel good
00:15:046 (3,4,5,1,2,3) - the spacing difference in these two combos is too close, it played odd and really was hard to read, i advise to make a more visible difference between these two combos because of the completely different timing
01:13:246 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1) - this part ended up being like a tight blind cluster, by the time i got half way through the pattern i was pretty much guessing where to go next, i really do advise to space this in a way what is a bit more visible
01:50:296 (7) - this note becomes totally blind due to the hitburts before it, i could not even see the approach circle most of the time, i really advise to space this again so its more visible

------------------------
popping for now sorry
Topic Starter
lolcubes

jericho2442 wrote:

Design mod

Easy
i despise the fast spinners for a easy diff.....but they are rankable i guess Yeah, well I can't really make them longer, the song is quite fast. ;_;

Normal
01:33:646 (1) - totally pointless new combo, i say remove it xD Well I thought it would look nicer but okay, NC removed.

hard

00:36:046 (1) - again this combo feels totally pointless Same as above.
00:50:446 (1,2,3) - broken spacing, i know that you have done this for the sake of pattern, but the broken spacing at this point really does not suit, these notes have the same timing but completely different spacing even though the song does not call for it, i really advise you to increase the spacing of (2,3) Fixed.
01:08:446 (5,1) - this smaller spacing plays extremely bad, it needs more spaceFixed.
01:33:646 (1) - again combo feels pointless Fixed. ;_;

Insane

00:06:646 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - i have to say i think this pattern had pretty broken flow, first off i found it annoying to read, but mainly because of the pattern you stack on (3,4) and stacking in the middle of this jump pattern really did not feel good I will keep this pattern. The gold part used to be reversed but many players were 50/50 for keeping it or reverting it. I don't think it's that hard though (but then again I mapped it ;_;)
00:15:046 (3,4,5,1,2,3) - the spacing difference in these two combos is too close, it played odd and really was hard to read, i advise to make a more visible difference between these two combos because of the completely different timing Also keeping this. Mainly put a new combo there so it's readable. Static spacing would be boring and this adds some spice.
01:13:246 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1) - this part ended up being like a tight blind cluster, by the time i got half way through the pattern i was pretty much guessing where to go next, i really do advise to space this in a way what is a bit more visible I also think this pattern is fine. :| Everything is clearly visible eventhough the notes look stacked in the editor. (tested using default skin)Alright pattern changed.
01:50:296 (7) - this note becomes totally blind due to the hitburts before it, i could not even see the approach circle most of the time, i really advise to space this again so its more visibleChanged it a little so 7 is under 1 (which means its visible as you click notes later on).

------------------------
popping for now sorry
Thanks for the mod.
gdeath
Hi hi, seems I owe you a mod.
Apologize for taking so long time, here is the return.

[Easy]:
  1. Couldnt find anything wrong.
[Normal]:
  1. All fine!
[Hard]:
  1. 00:55:096 (4) - I'd add whistle. (feel sound better.)
  2. 01:52:696 (4) - ^
[Insane]:
  1. Awesome!
Wow, this mappest impressed a lot. The patterns, hitsounds and simple storyboard are integrated perfectly.
/me shoots a star.
btw, dont kds this post~
Topic Starter
lolcubes

gdeath wrote:

Hi hi, seems I owe you a mod.
Apologize for taking so long time, here is the return. No worries.

[Easy]:
  1. Couldnt find anything wrong.
[Normal]:
  1. All fine!
[Hard]:
  1. 00:55:096 (4) - I'd add whistle. (feel sound better.) Good idea actually. For even better impact, I made their volumes slightly different to emphasize the note on the downbeat.
  2. 01:52:696 (4) - ^ ^
[Insane]:
  1. Awesome!
Wow, this mappest impressed a lot. The patterns, hitsounds and simple storyboard are integrated perfectly.
/me shoots a star.
btw, dont kds this post~ Alright, thanks. :3
Mod appreciated.
theMikeAG
Thank you so much for m4m with me. :)

~Normal~
00:53:746 (x) - Add a note here to match with Easy. Also add a note to 00:54:946.
That's all. Gosh, this map is great.

Only found one thing worth mentioning. STAR.
Topic Starter
lolcubes

theMikeAG wrote:

Thank you so much for m4m with me. :)

~Normal~
00:53:746 (x) - Add a note here to match with Easy. Also add a note to 00:54:946. Well, okay, I made only 2 sliders on purpose but I guess this works as well.
That's all. Gosh, this map is great.

Only found one thing worth mentioning. STAR.
RandomJibberish
Hi hi hi sorry completely forgot about this

To ensure I fix the error of my ways made a fancy notepad file so I'm more organised in future. Yay.

anyway, a mod you say

General
I'd suggest tick 2 here (except maybe easy, since that's pretty low pace)
Not all the diffs use the same three combocolours in the chorus - might wanna fix that

Insane
Spacing got pretty trollsome, but seems mostly readable so it's okay
01:13:246 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Aaah clusterfuck clusterfuck do this only less wonky or something
01:49:396 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This patterns seems like a bit of a mess

Easy
mmm, 1/1s on this diff are spaced so they're pretty much touching, which looks awkward to me since none of the other diffs have any overlaps. Idk, space them out a little more if you aren't feeling lazy lol

Otherwise lookin' good. Call me back when this is done :P
Topic Starter
lolcubes

RandomJibberish wrote:

Hi hi hi sorry completely forgot about this

To ensure I fix the error of my ways made a fancy notepad file so I'm more organised in future. Yay. Notepad is pretty awesome.

anyway, a mod you say

General
I'd suggest tick 2 here (except maybe easy, since that's pretty low pace) Nah I'm pretty happy how it works with current one.
Not all the diffs use the same three combocolours in the chorus - might wanna fix that Seems I had a red leak after fixing stuff, anyway - fixed.

Insane
Spacing got pretty trollsome, but seems mostly readable so it's okay
01:13:246 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Aaah clusterfuck clusterfuck do this only less wonky or something Pattern changed to a hexagon which is easily readable. Even though 8 is behind 2 now, it's still very visible with hitburst.
01:49:396 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This patterns seems like a bit of a mess Just like the above, I started to like hexagons.

Easy
mmm, 1/1s on this diff are spaced so they're pretty much touching, which looks awkward to me since none of the other diffs have any overlaps. Idk, space them out a little more if you aren't feeling lazy lol Used 1,2 distance snap and the whole map has more space to breathe now.

Otherwise lookin' good. Call me back when this is done :P
Thanks.
RandomJibberish
boom
Topic Starter
lolcubes
Hurray. :3
Norn_NNN
:)
James2250
-Seeing as Daniel Baranowsky is the composer are you sure he isn't meant to be the artist and 'dB soundworks" goes in the tags? (I see this song listed as both so..)
-Sounds like your offset could use approx + 10 (56). Don't forget to resnap all notes/timing sections

Insane:
00:51:046 (4) - I would expect this to have whistles on it like the one later in the map

I can't rank it after a timing change but if you can get RJ or someone to rebubble I will happily rank it for you~
Topic Starter
lolcubes

James2250 wrote:

-Seeing as Daniel Baranowsky is the composer are you sure he isn't meant to be the artist and 'dB soundworks" goes in the tags? (I see this song listed as both so..) The album I got the song from was released by dB soundworks. Daniel Baranowsky is the composer, indeed, but it was released under dB soundworks.
-Sounds like your offset could use approx + 10 (56). Don't forget to resnap all notes/timing sections After further testing, I have decided that 8ms was the right amount to add.

Insane:
00:51:046 (4) - I would expect this to have whistles on it like the one later in the map Fixed.

I can't rank it after a timing change but if you can get RJ or someone to rebubble I will happily rank it for you~\:D/
Thanks.
LF MAT. :D
arien666
Checked but no issues as I see >_>

Good luck :3

/me eats steak<<<
Topic Starter
lolcubes

arien666 wrote:

Checked but no issues as I see >_>

Good luck :3

/me eats steak<<<
Have some pizza as well if you want! Thanks!
Garven
[General]
Well, since dB Soundworks IS Danny on his own, I think leaving the artist as this is okay. If it was a big group of several composers, though, it'd be preferred if you listed the individual composer instead.

[Easy]
Eeeeh, I'm still iffy on those notes after spinners in the easy that I mentioned earlier. They just don't fit the general slow nature of the map, even after you moved the note closer to center. You don't have to change, I suppose, but please consider it.
00:04:254 (4,5) - I'd prefer if you didn't use a stack since this is an easy
01:50:454 (1,2,3,4) - (and earlier ones) I keep expecting soft finishes to start these sliders.
Though I suppose you could extend the same suggestion to the rest of the difficulties too.
Topic Starter
lolcubes

Garven wrote:

[General]
Well, since dB Soundworks IS Danny on his own, I think leaving the artist as this is okay. If it was a big group of several composers, though, it'd be preferred if you listed the individual composer instead.

[Easy]
Eeeeh, I'm still iffy on those notes after spinners in the easy that I mentioned earlier. They just don't fit the general slow nature of the map, even after you moved the note closer to center. You don't have to change, I suppose, but please consider it. The main problem is that this is 200bpm. Every note is coming atleast 2/1 later than the spinner (which is kinda the standard). To do it properly this either needs to be 2/1 or every 4/1 (full stanza). Doing the latter will cause such a hole in the map and the player would most likely be "wtf where is the map". The spinners themselves are not that hard to hit though, the shorter spinners (even they aren't terrible to hit, as proven by that friend of mine, and he is not even spinning in the center of the screen lol) have no notes to hit immediately anyway.
00:04:254 (4,5) - I'd prefer if you didn't use a stack since this is an easy Unfortunately there is no space to do otherwise. I don't think it's terribly confusing for an easy (as proven by a ~300k ranked friend of mine) so I will leave them as they are now.
01:50:454 (1,2,3,4) - (and earlier ones) I keep expecting soft finishes to start these sliders. Eh, nah. I always start making the highest diff first, and finishes there would be ridiculous. Hitsounds were trying to be as consistent as possible (hard is an exception), so I won't be adding them, sorry. :)
Though I suppose you could extend the same suggestion to the rest of the difficulties too.
James2250
Asked Garven and he said everything he mentioned can stay if you don't want to change it (and I don't mind them too much)
Looks like the timing is all fixed and if that is the official artist then no problems

Everything looks good
Ranked~
Pheon
Congratulations lolcubes on getting this ranked, you deserved it :D
Also, made a taiko 1 hour before ranking for ya, but linked it to you ingame already. Please put it in the first post if you liked it.

For now, I guess it's time for people to battle this map!
Oh, the joy of being a lil' osu!-slugger.. :')
Topic Starter
lolcubes
Hurray, thanks everyone. :3
OzzyOzrock
lol gratz
Leader
Oh god, Super Meat Boy ;_;
anyway, gratz
otaru-soad
congratulations man :P el mapa estaba genial xD
Mitiai
Super Meat Boy <3
Great map. :3
Mercurial
This is Super Meat Boy! soundtrack.
Everybody loves Super Meat Boy! sountrack.
That's why Super Meat Boy! sountrack loves you.