Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
lolcubes

Garven wrote:

As per your request:

[General]

[Easy]
00:48:646 (1) - Kind of soon after a spinner for an easy... but it might work okay if you put it near the center of the screen so it's easier to aim for. Fixed.
00:58:246 (1) - ^ Fixed.

[Backfire's Super Taiko]
Add Backfire to tags Fixed.
This... seems pretty ridiculous. Just sayin' Dunno what to say, people who play taiko say it's fine. :p

[Insane]
00:08:746 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3) - People with default hitbursts are gonna hate you for that, haha Uh that's fine, before it was a much harder pattern here so I changed to this. Noone got it wrong yet though (from the people who i gave this to test).
00:32:296 (5,6,1) - These look really misaligned due to the stacking of 00:32:146 (4,2,4,6) - along with it just being placed off anyway. :P It was intended to be slightly off, but I remade the pattern. No stacking here anymore.
01:49:396 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I really don't like this pattern. Doesn't play very well to me. Nah I will leave this one, it's not really complicated and it returns to a proper place to start the stream at.

Solid maps for the ENH. Taiko feels over-done, and Insane.. well, it fits the difficulty title, that's for sure. Keeping up that fast of a stream for so long is pretty damned tough, though.Can't really say much about taiko as I know nothing about it, but the stream shouldn't be too much of a problem considering it's only like 3 seconds long (32 notes @200bpm), also there are far more insane maps out there. :)
Mod much appreciated. :3
Backfire
So, some people are complaining the taiko is overmapped, and it kind of is, but thats for personal mapping reasons, and I mapped what I heard.

So the triplets of doom sections have been completely rehauled, making the map a bit easier on the hands, and the chorus has a few things updated.

Here's the updated taiko. Im really sorry for not being as good as I'd like to for you, lolcubes, and if it ever comes down to having my map being removed for it to be ranked, you can let it go...I dont want to drag you down.

Download: dB soundworks - The Battle of Lil' Slugger (lolcubes) [Backfire's Super Taiko].osu
Topic Starter
lolcubes
Updated with latest taiko diff and minor changes to Insane (some patterns that didn't play well got changed a little).
knjiga
Insane je ekstra :) .
lepidopodus
Yeah, lolcube's request.

Backfire's Super Taiko
- I see some useless inheritted sections... But who cares lol
00:19:246 ~ 00:28:846 - No, no this is bad. This part is seriously overmapped. This part is one of the calmest part of this song but you put to much notes in it.
00:31:546 (240) - k
00:50:746 (89) or 00:50:896 (90) - k
01:16:846 ~ 01:26:446 - Same as 00:19:246 ~ 00:28:846.
01:48:346 (89) or 01:48:496 (90) - k
01:55:171 (174,175) - As this is the end of the map, it would be better to emphasize it. So I suggest to remove 174 and change 175 as D.

Yeah, I became not-so-picky.
Backfire
Lolcubes - Woah woah. you never updated the taiko. :L
Topic Starter
lolcubes
Or maybe you posted a wrong diff? I just deleted my local maps and downloaded from the site, plus tried to put the latest one you posted into the mapset and to me they look kinda the same. :P
Anyways, made another update, check if that's the latest and check lepi's mod post regardless. :)
OzzyOzrock
Uh, the offset seems very off. Using what I got when I re-downloaded it, I got 61% on the taiko (I'm one of the most accurate players >>) having 2x more 100s than 300s...

With -80 local offset, it actually seemed on sync, but then I noticed that it started falling apart, it started being to early, then find again, then too early o.o

It might be an error on my side (I re-downloaded and everything) but the point is the taiko diff looks ugly >:3
Topic Starter
lolcubes

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Uh, the offset seems very off. Using what I got when I re-downloaded it, I got 61% on the taiko (I'm one of the most accurate players >>) having 2x more 100s than 300s...

With -80 local offset, it actually seemed on sync, but then I noticed that it started falling apart, it started being to early, then find again, then too early o.o

It might be an error on my side (I re-downloaded and everything) but the point is the taiko diff looks ugly >:3
Try deleting the map first and then download it. The mp3 changed recently which fixes all offset issues.
Well I'm not taiko expert, so it would be nice if you could talk to Backfire about it, or just leave the relevant info here. :)
Backfire
Might as well just delete the taiko diff. at this point. Im not going to change anymore unless it's imperative. It seems to be the part that's bothering everyone, anyways.
Topic Starter
lolcubes

Backfire wrote:

Might as well just delete the taiko diff. at this point. Im not going to change anymore unless it's imperative. It seems to be the part that's bothering everyone, anyways.
Fair enough. Taiko diff removed. If you want me to put it back, try to cater the audience, if you know what I mean (if you don't then try to make a compromise to make it stay as you want, but that people like it as well). :)

knjiga wrote:

Insane je ekstra :) .
Hehe, dunno how to take this, as a compliment or as complaint. I'll go with a compliment. ;)
In any case, Insane is quite alot easier now, but just as fun, I think. Made some critical changes where I added/revamped patterns so AR8 is playable without reading issues now.
knjiga
Bring back the AR9!

Sa AR8 je dosta teze. Ja bi vratio na 9 da sam na tvom mestu :P. I mislio sam extra u pozitivnom smislu naravno.
Topic Starter
lolcubes
Hehe. I prefer AR9 myself, however testing showed that it's better with AR8, especially cause there are no more confusing patterns around, so gonna leave it at 8 for now. With AR9 the gap from hard to insane feels a little too big, especially for players who aren't able to handle AR9 yet.
theowest
Also, the only people that will be able to play Insane are those who can play with AR9. AR8 doesn't make stuff easier. AR 9 on 200 BPM beatmaps is a must! It gets very confusing. The beats are coming fast.. Therefore it needs a fast AR. 9 does the job. Use it!
Just because the mappers can't play beatmaps with AR 9, doesn't mean they have to use AR 9 on a beatmap which is even hard for those that play with AR 9! The ones that will S/SS these diffs can even play with AR 10! So.. You have to consider this.

Any beatmap with streams over 180 BPM must have AR9. That's one of my golden rules. If it's insane.
Shiirn

theowest wrote:

AR8 doesn't make stuff easier. AR 9 on 200 BPM beatmaps is a must!
NO SIR. See any dragonforce map for good AR200bpm or some other rotter maps.

theowest wrote:

Any beatmap with streams over 180 BPM must have AR9. That's one of my golden rules.
Which is why you're a bad mapper.

sorry for not actually modding lolcubes, i'll get to it eventually
theowest

Shiirn wrote:

theowest wrote:

AR8 doesn't make stuff easier. AR 9 on 200 BPM beatmaps is a must!
NO SIR. See any dragonforce map for good AR200bpm or some other rotter maps.

theowest wrote:

Any beatmap with streams over 180 BPM must have AR9. That's one of my golden rules.
Which is why you're a bad mapper.

sorry for not actually modding lolcubes, i'll get to it eventually

If it's insane.

Yes, but

OVERALL DIFFICULTY does most of the easy job done.
theowest
This reminds me of someone... Oh yeah. Xgor.

His diff is crap and just confusing. The low AR and OD doesn't make the 228 BPM streams much easier.

He's an experienced mapper.. But he's not an experienced player. That equals crappy maps. And he also plays CtB.. Much like you.
theowest
Oh.. I thought you never used AR9...
Topic Starter
lolcubes
Okay let me say a few things, and why I decided on them.

When I first made this map, I made so many advanced patterns that I got utterly bashed for it, noone was able to play them properly (apart from very few selected people). If I'm making a map, I want it to be enjoyable to as many people as possible, which includes myself. There was also a slightly long 200bpm stream (32 notes only, that's like what, less than 3 seconds?) which wasn't really hard, but due to the nature of the map and AR9, I remapped it a little because a sudden stream (even though it's expected as the song builds up) is not a good thing with such high AR. All the super advanced patterns got removed (imagine a line of 5 notes in a row, but the combo goes 51324, something like that) so the need for AR9 kinda disappeared as well, because the high AR was necessary to be able to read the patterns properly.
The stream got reduced to a note+kick slider combination because the map already has decently standard OD, which I didn't want to change. You can probably count the number of people capable of SSing the map like a metronome on your fingers, probably one hand as well, which makes the map a rage fest. (even though I was able to full 300 the stream on occasion :D )

That being said, I welcome all advices, and those that will be turned down will be commented on. At the moment I think AR8 fits the map decently, especially cause 99% of the overlaps were removed.
theowest

lolcubes wrote:

Okay let me say a few things, and why I decided on them.

When I first made this map, I made so many advanced patterns that I got utterly bashed for it, noone was able to play them properly (apart from............................. will be turned down will be commented on. At the moment I think AR8 fits the map decently, especially cause 99% of the overlaps were removed.
oh okay.

I still think AR9 is much nicer however..
Sourcerer
I want this map RANKED
NOW

Star and
Kudo-motherfucking-star
theowest

charlesisgay wrote:

I want this map RANKED
NOW

Star and
Kudo-motherfucking-star
Holy shit. That's really fucking nice of you! :D
Topic Starter
lolcubes

charlesisgay wrote:

I want this map RANKED
NOW

Star and
Kudo-motherfucking-star
:3
Thanks.

Major update, will need to redownload to get some additional SB files.
Hard circle size increased, Insane remapped (with certain key patterns left intact).

Also, A NOTE TO MODDERS: the spacing in Insane is intentional! You may find some notes which don't follow distance snap. Feel free to give playability advice though.
cacipan
nice map
star 8-)
Sir Minelli
Hello,

[Normal]

01:01:246 (1) - Irc modded - New combo removed.
01:34:846 - Irc modded - spinner's section changed - added note.

[Hard]

00:03:946 (1) - Irc modded - New combo removed.
00:10:846 (1) - Irc modded - New combo removed.
01:01:546 (1) - Irc modded - New combo removed.

[Insane]

Irc modded as well, few combos added and removed.
otaru-soad
good map 8-)

~~~star~~~~

my map ^^

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/29617
Topic Starter
lolcubes
Some additional changes to the Insane have been made, some lame patterns were re-created into something better.
Also just a note about the spacings, everything is intentional pretty much due to low SV, so some notes are placed "by feeling". The map is slightly jumpy yet nothing too hard, hopefully you will enjoy it.
Combo colors had some rework as well (different colors for kiai).
laport
YGOkid8
Easy:
01:46:246 (1) - Delete this (for more spin recovery time)

Normal:
- Increase Circle Size by 1 (looks a lot better imo). How it looks now looks a bit "naked", if you know what i mean.

00:17:746 (2) - Move 3 grids left (lvl4)

Insane:
00:07:246 (2,3) - Switch (2) and (3). The way it is now feels very unnatural and awkward. Apart from that, the rest of the diff. flows beautifully.

This is a great map. Short, simple, fun. Love it. Fix those stuff then I'll bubble :)
Topic Starter
lolcubes

YGOkid8 wrote:

Easy:
01:46:246 (1) - Delete this (for more spin recovery time) Doing that would make a "hole" in the map and it would sound bad. Instead, I am making a slider here which would be easy to hit and slide. (same goes for the first kiai as well)

Normal:
- Increase Circle Size by 1 (looks a lot better imo). How it looks now looks a bit "naked", if you know what i mean. Done.

00:17:746 (2) - Move 3 grids left (lvl4) Done.

Insane:
00:07:246 (2,3) - Switch (2) and (3). The way it is now feels very unnatural and awkward. Apart from that, the rest of the diff. flows beautifully. Done.

This is a great map. Short, simple, fun. Love it. Fix those stuff then I'll bubble :)
Thanks. :3
YGOkid8
~
al2e10
Just a remineder

- Insane
00:02:146 (3,3) - Isn't it a cover? It is not cover right.

- Easy
(AImod) 01:46:246 (1,2,3) - I don't know why, but just fix it by distance snap ~.~ The spacing is something wrong.
Topic Starter
lolcubes

KingsAL2 wrote:

Just a remineder

- Insane

- Easy
(AImod) 01:46:246 (1,2,3) - I don't know why, but just fix it by distance snap ~.~ The spacing is something wrong.
I just hope you didn't waste your time because of this thread. These aren't breaking any of the mapping rules and are perfectly fine.
Sorry for being harsh, but you asked for it.
al2e10

lolcubes wrote:

KingsAL2 wrote:

Just a remineder

- Insane

- Easy
I just hope you didn't waste your time because of this thread. These aren't breaking any of the mapping rules and are perfectly fine.
Sorry for being harsh, but you asked for it.
Nonono, just a remineder~
You can change it if you want, you can ignore it if you want. I poped some bubbles without posting anyting on it. (Unless I tried once only)
So, don't be angry for that. ;)
Topic Starter
lolcubes
Fair enough. And no, I won't change them. :)
YGOkid8
and i was scared that an all out angry argument was about to come. good job you two on stopping that :o
jericho2442
Design mod

Easy
i despise the fast spinners for a easy diff.....but they are rankable i guess

Normal
01:33:646 (1) - totally pointless new combo, i say remove it xD

hard

00:36:046 (1) - again this combo feels totally pointless
00:50:446 (1,2,3) - broken spacing, i know that you have done this for the sake of pattern, but the broken spacing at this point really does not suit, these notes have the same timing but completely different spacing even though the song does not call for it, i really advise you to increase the spacing of (2,3)
01:08:446 (5,1) - this smaller spacing plays extremely bad, it needs more space
01:33:646 (1) - again combo feels pointless

Insane

00:06:646 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - i have to say i think this pattern had pretty broken flow, first off i found it annoying to read, but mainly because of the pattern you stack on (3,4) and stacking in the middle of this jump pattern really did not feel good
00:15:046 (3,4,5,1,2,3) - the spacing difference in these two combos is too close, it played odd and really was hard to read, i advise to make a more visible difference between these two combos because of the completely different timing
01:13:246 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1) - this part ended up being like a tight blind cluster, by the time i got half way through the pattern i was pretty much guessing where to go next, i really do advise to space this in a way what is a bit more visible
01:50:296 (7) - this note becomes totally blind due to the hitburts before it, i could not even see the approach circle most of the time, i really advise to space this again so its more visible

------------------------
popping for now sorry
Topic Starter
lolcubes

jericho2442 wrote:

Design mod

Easy
i despise the fast spinners for a easy diff.....but they are rankable i guess Yeah, well I can't really make them longer, the song is quite fast. ;_;

Normal
01:33:646 (1) - totally pointless new combo, i say remove it xD Well I thought it would look nicer but okay, NC removed.

hard

00:36:046 (1) - again this combo feels totally pointless Same as above.
00:50:446 (1,2,3) - broken spacing, i know that you have done this for the sake of pattern, but the broken spacing at this point really does not suit, these notes have the same timing but completely different spacing even though the song does not call for it, i really advise you to increase the spacing of (2,3) Fixed.
01:08:446 (5,1) - this smaller spacing plays extremely bad, it needs more spaceFixed.
01:33:646 (1) - again combo feels pointless Fixed. ;_;

Insane

00:06:646 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - i have to say i think this pattern had pretty broken flow, first off i found it annoying to read, but mainly because of the pattern you stack on (3,4) and stacking in the middle of this jump pattern really did not feel good I will keep this pattern. The gold part used to be reversed but many players were 50/50 for keeping it or reverting it. I don't think it's that hard though (but then again I mapped it ;_;)
00:15:046 (3,4,5,1,2,3) - the spacing difference in these two combos is too close, it played odd and really was hard to read, i advise to make a more visible difference between these two combos because of the completely different timing Also keeping this. Mainly put a new combo there so it's readable. Static spacing would be boring and this adds some spice.
01:13:246 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1) - this part ended up being like a tight blind cluster, by the time i got half way through the pattern i was pretty much guessing where to go next, i really do advise to space this in a way what is a bit more visible I also think this pattern is fine. :| Everything is clearly visible eventhough the notes look stacked in the editor. (tested using default skin)Alright pattern changed.
01:50:296 (7) - this note becomes totally blind due to the hitburts before it, i could not even see the approach circle most of the time, i really advise to space this again so its more visibleChanged it a little so 7 is under 1 (which means its visible as you click notes later on).

------------------------
popping for now sorry
Thanks for the mod.
gdeath
Hi hi, seems I owe you a mod.
Apologize for taking so long time, here is the return.

[Easy]:
  1. Couldnt find anything wrong.
[Normal]:
  1. All fine!
[Hard]:
  1. 00:55:096 (4) - I'd add whistle. (feel sound better.)
  2. 01:52:696 (4) - ^
[Insane]:
  1. Awesome!
Wow, this mappest impressed a lot. The patterns, hitsounds and simple storyboard are integrated perfectly.
/me shoots a star.
btw, dont kds this post~
Topic Starter
lolcubes

gdeath wrote:

Hi hi, seems I owe you a mod.
Apologize for taking so long time, here is the return. No worries.

[Easy]:
  1. Couldnt find anything wrong.
[Normal]:
  1. All fine!
[Hard]:
  1. 00:55:096 (4) - I'd add whistle. (feel sound better.) Good idea actually. For even better impact, I made their volumes slightly different to emphasize the note on the downbeat.
  2. 01:52:696 (4) - ^ ^
[Insane]:
  1. Awesome!
Wow, this mappest impressed a lot. The patterns, hitsounds and simple storyboard are integrated perfectly.
/me shoots a star.
btw, dont kds this post~ Alright, thanks. :3
Mod appreciated.
show more