Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
zsr123
对呀... 得找人请教下排版了 (排版实在无力...;_;

谢谢 :)
Shiki

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Shiki's March: Just wondering why does kiai end 1/8 later in this diff? fixed now
Repeating the diamond pattern in the beginning so many times is not exactly entertaining. I advise you try to add some variety there now i have made some big changes here.
00:38:870 (7,1) and 01:13:520 (1,2) - There were a few stacks where I was wondering why you wanted the mouse to stop moving when the mouse has to move so fast for the patterns. done now
01:58:970 (4,5,6) - I found this spacing increase unexpected and hard to read. (the spacing increases seem to happen really randomly) I think there should be something hard in kiai time. now use 1.0x spacing
:) Thank you for modding
lepidopodus
Somebody called me to check this about some SV changes

Ozzy's Taiko March
01:23:720 (1) - Actually big SV jump(this time, x1.0 --> x2.0) in middle of a stanza is kinda radical. (Usually SV changes are placed on barlines, so it might cause some confusions. Also this can be a personal thought but I don't think SV changes in the middle of a stanza looks good.) I suggest some solutions here, but you might want to take different way. Please discuss about this with me if you have anything uncertain.
- Move x2 to 01:24:620, like Inner Oni of Black Rose Apostle. You might don't want to make 1/8 notes, though, and this way x1.0 --> x2.0 still remains. (Some Taiko maps have it but players here might not like it.)
- Set x1.5 in 01:05:420 ~ 01:24:620. x1.5 sections can be buffer for x2.0, but you also might want to leave x1.0 --> x2.0. (Or just put x1.5 in somewhere between x1.0 ~ x2.0? Hmm...)
You also can take several other ways, though, but I don't think leaving this as current state is that good.

01:40:370 (1) - Uh... Why this spinner is in the blue tick anyway?
This one also has SV problem: Previous notes are overtaking the spinner. Overtaking notes should be avoided cause it has both readablilty problem and aesthetic problem. (I know it is just a spinner but it doesn't look so good, I guess.) I suggest changing x0.5 to x1.0 or near x1.0. (You still can achieve slow down effect, I guess.)

Patterns are nice as always, so let me leave a star for you.

EDIT:
Well, barlines are actually quite useful when you want to distinguish SV change and blank if there's no notes following. If it's a blank you can see an empty barline that doesn't have a note, but if it's a SV change you can't see a barline cause it will be showed a bit late. But if you are putting SV change in the middle of the stanza there's nothing can be a clue for it. That's why big SV change in the middle of the stanza can be considered as radical.
OzzyOzrock

lepidopodus wrote:

Somebody called me to check this about some SV changes

Ozzy's Taiko March
01:23:720 (1) - Actually big SV jump(this time, x1.0 --> x2.0) in middle of a stanza is kinda radical. (Usually SV changes are placed on barlines, so it might cause some confusions. Also this can be a personal thought but I don't think SV changes in the middle of a stanza looks good.) I suggest some solutions here, but you might want to take different way. Please discuss about this with me if you have anything uncertain.

I think it actually doesn't look too bad, and well, fits. If it were 1.5 or 1.0 it'd look terribly ugly and maybe unreadable. orz

- Move x2 to 01:24:620, like Inner Oni of Black Rose Apostle. You might don't want to make 1/8 notes, though, and this way x1.0 --> x2.0 still remains. (Some Taiko maps have it but players here might not like it.)

The reason I have the x2.0 is because the kkkkddddkkkk looks very ugly with 1.0... maybe it's different in BRA because higher BPM?

- Set x1.5 in 01:05:420 ~ 01:24:620. x1.5 sections can be buffer for x2.0, but you also might want to leave x1.0 --> x2.0. (Or just put x1.5 in somewhere between x1.0 ~ x2.0? Hmm...)
You also can take several other ways, though, but I don't think leaving this as current state is that good.

Done lol.

01:40:370 (1) - Uh... Why this spinner is in the blue tick anyway?

Scream starts there, but I'll change it.

This one also has SV problem: Previous notes are overtaking the spinner. Overtaking notes should be avoided cause it has both readablilty problem and aesthetic problem. (I know it is just a spinner but it doesn't look so good, I guess.) I suggest changing x0.5 to x1.0 or near x1.0. (You still can achieve slow down effect, I guess.)

Yeah, made it 0.85.

Patterns are nice as always, so let me leave a star for you.

EDIT:
Well, barlines are actually quite useful when you want to distinguish SV change and blank if there's no notes following. If it's a blank you can see an empty barline that doesn't have a note, but if it's a SV change you can't see a barline cause it will be showed a bit late. But if you are putting SV change in the middle of the stanza there's nothing can be a clue for it. That's why big SV change in the middle of the stanza can be considered as radical.

But... but... orz I guess we can discuss... or something
Thanks Lepi :3

Download: Frank Klepacki - Hell March 2 (zsr123) [Ozzy's Taiko March].osu
lepidopodus
Whoops, missed this one:

Ozzy's Taiko March
02:03:020 (1) - Overtaking notes again, try making buffer zone by deleting 02:03:470 (2,1)? (perhaps deleting 02:04:070 (1) too, if you think that this sounds weird without those two notes.)
(I know there are some relevant sounds in there but we can find some examples about avoiding overtaking notes by deleting some of notes, like Inner Oni of Rotter Tarmination.)

Ok let's clearly state this: Overtaking notes are usually bad. (I guess this was a part of the agreement...)
Garven
Aaaah, bliss beat me to it. ;_; Oh well, here's what I got anyway (easy mod was on old version, but bliss didn't mod much on it anyway)

[Easy]
AR -1 or 2
00:27:020 (1) - Too soon after a spinner for an easy.
01:07:220 (1) - Remove new combo
01:15:020 (6) - nc
01:16:220 (1) - remove nc
01:19:820 (5) - nc
01:20:420 (6) - remove nc
01:24:620 (6) - nc?
Bleh, continue that combo pattern for the rest of the map.
The difficulty is ... really bland. It's pretty much a 1/1/1/1/1/1 the entire way through. Try sprucing it up a bit to make it more interesting to play!

[Tenshi's Normal]
00:46:670 (1) - 1st time, cool
00:48:470 (1) - 2nd time okay
01:03:020 (1) - 8th time =_=

[BakaHard]
For a 5 difficulty spread, this hard is fairly difficult.
00:58:970 (7,10) - Line these up a bit better (turn off grid snap)
01:10:670 (4,5,6) - You could easily make these not overlapping without compromising the pattern
01:17:270 (4,5,6) - ^
The end of this difficulty was much easier than the beginning. Kind of lop-sided. :/

[Taiko]
In lepidopodus we trust

[Shiki's March]
00:17:420 (1) - I can understand the diamonds up until here where the music kicks in a bit more. Why continue it when things have changed?
I didn't like the use of breaks in this difficulty. Having two of them so close together is kinda :/
02:03:095 (1) - Maybe have this not end silenced, or if you really want it to end silenced, use the soft sound set so it doesn't have that small pop at the end.

[Insane]
As bliss said, there are a lot of strange spacing changes that feel as if they have no musical justification. That said, I didn't have any problem reading them. They just... didn't feel right while playing. I'm mostly referring to the decreased spacing points rather than the jumps.
Topic Starter
zsr123

Garven wrote:

Aaaah, bliss beat me to it. ;_; Oh well, here's what I got anyway (easy mod was on old version, but bliss didn't mod much on it anyway)

[Easy]
AR -1 or 2 -1
00:27:020 (1) - Too soon after a spinner for an easy. spinner end at 00:25:820 now
01:07:220 (1) - Remove new combo done
01:15:020 (6) - nc done
01:16:220 (1) - remove nc done
01:19:820 (5) - ncdone
01:20:420 (6) - remove nc I guess it should be 01:21:620? done
01:24:620 (6) - nc?done
Bleh, continue that combo pattern for the rest of the map.
The difficulty is ... really bland. It's pretty much a 1/1/1/1/1/1 the entire way through. Try sprucing it up a bit to make it more interesting to play! should be better now i guess ...

[Insane]
As bliss said, there are a lot of strange spacing changes that feel as if they have no musical justification. That said, I didn't have any problem reading them. They just... didn't feel right while playing. I'm mostly referring to the decreased spacing points rather than the jumps.
thank you :)
Shiki

Garven wrote:

[Shiki's March]
00:17:420 (1) - I can understand the diamonds up until here where the music kicks in a bit more. Why continue it when things have changed? I have fixed this yesterday :( maybe it havn't been uploaded yet
I didn't like the use of breaks in this difficulty. Having two of them so close together is kinda :/ I think players need rest to prepare for the kiai time
02:03:095 (1) - Maybe have this not end silenced, or if you really want it to end silenced, use the soft sound set so it doesn't have that small pop at the end. done
Thank you for modding (:
Tenshi-nyan

Garven wrote:

[Tenshi's Normal]
It plays fine and fits the beat. Got a problem, officer? :<
Garven

Tenshi-nyan wrote:

It's boring as sin, citizen? Just giving you a hint that your beatmap could probably be improved in that area, if you take some time and effort, even if it's "okay" as-is.

Anyway, I'll check back when I can if that's all the changes that will happen.
Shiro

Tenshi-nyan wrote:

Garven wrote:

[Tenshi's Normal]
That's not how you answer to modders. As "rude" as Garven's post sounds, he still took the time to have a look at your map and think about it to try to help you improve it. I'm not saying you should bow and kiss his feet for modding, but extremely rude irony is not a way to answer. "It plays fine and fits the beat" is subjective anyway. That's not a good enough reason to justify the use of the same pattern 8 times.

That said, I didn't actually look at the map (yet ?), but using the same pattern 8 times is... lacking creativity and gives a very bad feeling about the map. For the same exact rhythm, there are countless patterns you can use that still make sense. Try picking 4 of them and using them.
OzzyOzrock
Decided I didn't want to remove them, but I don't want overlapping notes, so I made a speed descent so we could all comply.

Download: Frank Klepacki - Hell March 2 (zsr123) [Ozzy's Taiko March].osu
lepidopodus
Sorry to be quite picky this time ._.
Garven
[Easy]
Since you went with the AR this low, maybe reduce OD by one as well so it isn't too unbalanced for the easiest difficulty.
00:10:220 (3,4) - Maybe try to avoid tiny overlaps like this?
01:45:620 (6,1) - ^

[BakaHard]
There's a bunch more small overlaps in the last section, if you want to try and clean it up and make things more presentable, I wouldn't begrudge you for it ;)
(Things like 01:46:820 (3,4) - 01:50:270 (5,6) - etc.)

[Ozzy's Taiko March]
Maybe lower the volume a bit? I can barely hear the music under the taiko hits.

[Insane]
01:18:320 (5,6) - This is pretty tricky since all the parts up to here, during this beat in the song there's a pause along with the jump, so having a jump so suddenly without very much musical cue is pretty difficult to justify.

Edit:

Rebub~

:U
Topic Starter
zsr123

Garven wrote:

[Easy]
Since you went with the AR this low, maybe reduce OD by one as well so it isn't too unbalanced for the easiest difficulty.done
00:10:220 (3,4) - Maybe try to avoid tiny overlaps like this? fixed
01:45:620 (6,1) - ^fixed

[BakaHard]
There's a bunch more small overlaps in the last section, if you want to try and clean it up and make things more presentable, I wouldn't begrudge you for it ;)
(Things like 01:46:820 (3,4) - 01:50:270 (5,6) - etc.)should be all fixed now > <

[Ozzy's Taiko March]
Maybe lower the volume a bit? I can barely hear the music under the taiko hits. lower 25%

[Insane]
01:18:320 (5,6) - This is pretty tricky since all the parts up to here, during this beat in the song there's a pause along with the jump, so having a jump so suddenly without very much musical cue is pretty difficult to justify. ok, normal spacing now.
soulfear
尼瑪還沒RANK啊
Topic Starter
zsr123
:(
TicClick
Y' know what? I love it now.
Topic Starter
zsr123
thx :D
Magical Pokie
你忘记给lepidopodus KUDOSO了吧 8-)
  • Baka
Topic Starter
zsr123
0 0.
多谢提醒
Kurai
Easy
  1. 01:18:620 (7) - This slider is a bit hidden by 01:16:820 (4). It would be better if you make this slider more visible, else it's confusing for new players.
  2. 01:39:320 - As this break is short and as you have enable the letterbox during breaks, it looks ugly to have a letterbox which appears and disappears in less than 2 seconds. Consider removing the letterbox (in each difficulty).
BakaHard
  1. 01:39:320 - Same as easy
Shiki's March
  1. 01:21:320 - Add a note here with a clap, else it looks really weird because it needs a clap there, and without it it breaks the rhythm.
I think it would be better if you can fix this mod. You can fix it when an other BAT will mod your map, or pop your bubble and ask a MAT/BAT to rebubble your map. Anyway, good map ;D

Star~
Topic Starter
zsr123

KuraiPettan wrote:

Easy
  1. 01:18:620 (7) - This slider is a bit hidden by 01:16:820 (4). It would be better if you make this slider more visible, else it's confusing for new players.
  2. 01:39:320 - As this break is short and as you have enable the letterbox during breaks, it looks ugly to have a letterbox which appears and disappears in less than 2 seconds. Consider removing the letterbox (in each difficulty).
BakaHard
  1. 01:39:320 - Same as easy
Shiki's March
  1. 01:21:320 - Add a note here with a clap, else it looks really weird because it needs a clap there, and without it it breaks the rhythm.
I think it would be better if you can fix this mod. You can fix it when an other BAT will mod your map, or pop your bubble and ask a MAT/BAT to rebubble your map. Anyway, good map ;D

Star~

it's not hidden and it's visible. so , no change , sorry..

about [Shiki's March]
shiki thinks there is no need to add that clap. ( and me too.. and it will be weird if there is a clap there IMO..)

and letterbox is now removed

Garven
I wish all rechecks were this easy.

Topic Starter
zsr123
thanks :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
SapphireGhost
Modding stuffs.

[General]
- I'd prefer you use 1/4s instead of 1/8s, but I guess it's okay.
- Set offset to 620, it makes the main menu work better.
- Use Tick Rate 2, please.

[Easy]
In general, I think your combos should be shorter for Easy.
01:14:720 (7,1) - Blanket could be much better here.

[BakaHard]
00:24:620 (1,2,3) - It's weird how the spacing suddenly changes here.
01:34:220 (3,4) - New combo for both of these to prevent the drain from being too harsh.

[Insane]
Spacing was odd but readable.

[Shiki's March]
00:23:120 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - Make these notes not overlap.
00:36:020 (8) - Have this blanket (5).
01:24:620 - It would be nice if you could map through this break.

Done!
Topic Starter
zsr123

SapphireGhost wrote:

Modding stuffs.

[General]
- I'd prefer you use 1/4s instead of 1/8s, but I guess it's okay.
- Set offset to 620, it makes the main menu work better. done
- Use Tick Rate 2, please.

[Easy]
In general, I think your combos should be shorter for Easy.
01:14:720 (7,1) - Blanket could be much better here.

[BakaHard]
00:24:620 (1,2,3) - It's weird how the spacing suddenly changes here.
01:34:220 (3,4) - New combo for both of these to prevent the drain from being too harsh.done

[Insane]
Spacing was odd but readable.

[Shiki's March]
00:23:120 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - Make these notes not overlap.
00:36:020 (8) - Have this blanket (5).
01:24:620 - It would be nice if you could map through this break.

Done!
Garven
Okay, things look good. Keep in mind this is the last time I can rebubble. Good luck!

Topic Starter
zsr123
tutuhaha
哇哦哇哦哇哦哦
恭喜被泡~~【咦这语气
送星一颗作为贺礼~~~~~~~
~~Congratulations my friend~~ :)
HUG HUG HUG > <!!
Topic Starter
zsr123
theowest
lol
OzzyOzrock

theowest wrote:

I wish I could get BATs just as easy as you do.. NOBODY WANTS TO MOD MY BEATMAP! ;_;
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Use less smilies
theowest
lol
Topic Starter
zsr123

theowest wrote:

I wish I could get BATs just as easy as you do.. NOBODY WANTS TO MOD MY BEATMAP! ;_;
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
:(

I wish I could help you , but I'm really not good at modding.
anyway I'll see what I can do for your map. good luck

btw . I dont think I can find BATs easily @ @

Edit: I mean your others pending map
theowest
lol
Topic Starter
zsr123

theowest wrote:

I NEED A BAT!! >:
me too :(
ztrot
personally I could of done without the two insane but over the map set has a great lower lvl flow the double insane shake it up a bit. Good job and try to work with your flow on the hard to insane gap, trust me i know it is hard and even harder with guest diffs. But overall job job and keep up the great work I hope to see more from you :D Ranked
Topic Starter
zsr123
wow, thank you very much !!!! :)
ztrot
spboxer3
恭喜啊 :D
show more