forum

[Mouse] Is this normal?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nikopai
Ok so normally I would just use my mouse normally on osu by applying a tiny bit of pressure downwards to gain more control over my movements, but recently I started to do the opposite and remove pressure by kind of lifting my mouse up to the point of it just barely touching the surface of the table, and by doing so my ability to play jump maps has increased almost 2x.

Is playing like that normal?
Caput Mortuum
Lifting?
I use fingertip grip, but i don't lift. I don't think that's normal because lifting requires more energy than pushing down. That will tire you faster.

But if that's your playstyle, and you are comfortable with it, just use it
NoodleSoupLover
As far as I am aware that is strange. I never thought anyone would do that. Actually I think I may try that technique out to see how it works.

But Mein Gauche is correct. that will tire you out quicker. Also how do you spin with that technique? Do you find it difficult?
dung eater
It's good. Pushing down mouse all the time seems stupid.
Roricon

NoodleSoupLover wrote:

Also how do you spin with that technique? Do you find it difficult?
I always lift my mouse during spinners since for me it is easier that way(0 friction).
I Give Up
There was a mouse player that hovered I can't remember. This means that your mouse feet or surface has too much friction. Ideally you shouldn't press down on your mouse but shouldn't have to lift mouse either. Save stamina by relaxing.