forum

//NIGHTGATE/pro/Minimal, Futuristic, 9 Colors.//

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Link fixed and now using the 'hightail' service

A hassle i found: the main download button downloads it as a zip file. Please hover over the actual file and press that button instead.

Seeing this, the service im using wont be hightail for long.
SolarD2
please help me the red and the green and the blue the colors of the hit circles are not in the slider at all! please help me ima send u a link to whats heppening ples tell me how to fix i did the aspect ratio thing and everything
Topic Starter
-yuo-

Lunar1234567 wrote:

please help me the red and the green and the blue the colors of the hit circles are not in the slider at all! please help me ima send u a link to whats heppening ples tell me how to fix i did the aspect ratio thing and everything
hmm whats happening here?
a screenshot would be nice
Bearylittler
My new favourite skin. Just got my new top play with it as well.
BeauEben
I don't really like the menu sounds , they're loud, I don't really like that. Maybe you could add some other menu sounds in the preference folder.

love the skin tho!
h3oCharles

BeauEben wrote:

I don't really like the menu sounds , they're loud, I don't really like that. Maybe you could add some other menu sounds in the preference folder.

love the skin tho!
alternative interface sounds without echo are planned.

On the behalf of myself as a contributor, I would like to say huge shoutout to skins! for promoting this into what it is right now, thanks, guys :D

psst... ever considered using puush?
SolarD2

-yuo- wrote:

Lunar1234567 wrote:

hmm whats happening here?
a screenshot would be nice

https://youtu.be/f8I7Ud91H_Y this is the vid
h3oCharles
I feel like this is an issue with the Fallback version
SolarD2
it wont let me use any other version please help
h3oCharles

Lunar1234567 wrote:

blame it on your hardware then, it's too weak
Topic Starter
-yuo-
thanks for being my customer service person, h30charles.

U CAN LISTEN TO HIM hes pretty legit in what he says.

Lunar1234567 wrote:

NICE MAC :)

so, with macs we are locked to using stable fallback update stream because of dev purposes. You'll need something other than fallback to run this skin because skinning has changed since then. Have a look at t/56460/start=1365 at the end comments, the thread is super old but the later comments should help. Peppy's start isnt so useful.

I got my osu latest running on my mac from here.
SolarD2
please help i extract it and then there is no wintricks please help
Topic Starter
-yuo-

Lunar1234567 wrote:

please help i extract it and then there is no wintricks please help
soz i have no idea how to setup the osu for mac lol

you'll hafta ask somone who understands it more, i simply clicked a (probably outdated and removed) link to get my copy

but after this, run osu on stable and the skin should be fine. sorry :(
SolarD2
so i dont get it can you talk me through this on discord please help me i want your skin so much its so nice please give me ur discord name or somthing i love ur skin and i want to use it
SolarD2
okay can you upload your osu file itself to help out other mac users that want to use your skin?
SolarD2
it would mean alot to me i really want to use your skin
Bearylittler
I am not really the biggest fan of the cursor smoke in game. Maybe something a bit more lasery. Might work with some customization options for it. Could just be me though. Great skin though so far.
Bearylittler
I noticed that with the dots as the "numbers" if the combo goes over 10 they end up as two dots in the circle.
h3oCharles

Bearylittler wrote:

I noticed that with the dots as the "numbers" if the combo goes over 10 they end up as two dots in the circle.
Look in Frequently Asked Questions... in skin.ini type the width of the dot (not @2x) into HitCircleOverlap
Pi-
so I believe I discovered a bit of a bug for the ctb mode unless this was already known about considering how obvious it is.

https://youtu.be/870_PxVUDZg

maybe its just me
FreezyLemon
This is a really nice idea, although I think the default preferences have way too much going on visually to be called a "pro skin" :P

But yeah, have some feedback^^

Removing the cursor trail currently doesn't work just by copying the files from "off" over... could the files have the wrong names? (Preferences -> UI - Cursor -> Cursor Trail -> Off)
The files are named "comboburst"... just replacing "cursortrail.png" with "empty" .pngs fixed the problem for me..

Also, I don't like the spinner too much.. even the "simple one" kind of has too much going on for me.. I'd like an even simpler, "just an outline" kind of spinner^^ (EDIT 2: After playing with it for a bit, I have to say you definitely get used to the simple one, so it's not that bad.. still, I'd like a simpler one :P)
Plus it would be nice to be able to change the Slider followcircle, as the default one has a lot of "glow"... turning it off makes it way easier to play imo^^ maybe a simple circle would also be good there..
Oh, and one last thing: Maybe an option to replace or even turn off some (EDIT: menu) sounds? Some of the sounds are not only annoying, but also very long, so they still fade out while the map/song has already started.

That's about it. As I said, very good idea, just some few things that bother me personally :)
h3oCharles

dr_pi wrote:

so I believe I discovered a bit of a bug for the ctb mode unless this was already known about considering how obvious it is.

https://youtu.be/870_PxVUDZg

maybe its just me
HD or SD? What version, is it fallback? there might be a misalignment issue

FreezyLemon wrote:

This is a really nice idea, although I think the default preferences have way too much going on visually to be called a "pro skin" :P

But yeah, have some feedback^^

Removing the cursor trail currently, doesn't work just by copying the files from "off" over... could the files have the wrong names? (Preferences -> UI - Cursor -> Cursor Trail -> Off)
The files are named "combo burst"... just replacing "cursortrail.png" with "empty" .pngs fixed the problem for me..

Also, I don't like the spinner too much... even the "simple one" kind of has too much going on for me.. I'd like an even simpler, "just an outline" kind of spinner^^ (EDIT 2: After playing with it for a bit, I have to say you definitely get used to the simple one, so it's not that bad.. still, I'd like a simpler one :P)
Plus it would be nice to be able to change the Slider follow circle, as the default one has a lot of "glow"... turning it off makes it way easier to play imo^^ maybe a simple circle would also be good there...
Oh, and one last thing: Maybe an option to replace or even turn off some (EDIT: menu) sounds? Some of the sounds are not only annoying, but also very long, so they still fade out while the map/song has already started.

That's about it. As I said, very good idea, just some few things that bother me personally :)
There is a reason why there is a Preferences folder lol

none for cursor trail, I can confirm that,

The spinner is new style, try to look around in the files and blank out what you need
EDIT2: I see the issue, perhaps you can to remove that SPIN! text from the glow? Put a blank image and call it "spinner-background", this will force it to use old-style spinner

I also already mentioned a suggestion for more slider follow circs

interface sounds w/o echo are planned

EDIT1: While I'm here, gonna throw in 2 cents from me, when you disable centered accuracy, in the ranking screen, there are two "AC" texts. Definitely not intentional tbh
EDIT3: Why there are "hit300-0 copy" files?!
Pi-

h3oCharles wrote:

HD or SD? What version, is it fallback? there might be a misalignment issue
HD I believe and b21-6 (i think that's the version unless I'm dumb. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
Topic Starter
-yuo-

+
skinini warning when setting 'dot' preferences
ctb bugs out. Have no idea why it does that
even simpler spinner
cursortrail checkup
ranking screen with disabled accuracy bug
300-0-copy
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Well i think this is enough prefs for this skin XD (theres alot more than what you see in the list above)

i'm going to start to restrict / close any more option requests (if you can actually think of any more) because It'll take forever. Nearly 1 year in beta...

PLAN:

Release the next update as a proofread build, where bugs are ironed out. No new items will be added unless its a fix. i might re-set some defaulted elements too.

The update after this one is the final build, no more b##-#, we've hit v1!

After this I will work on the colours! -order based on stereotypical popularity.

sorry if any inconveniences occured from this...

~~~

also, i've planned the combo colour sequences:

These are sorted by 'colours that go well together but are different.'

e.g. red to blue is seizurous but red to pink looks nice.
Red to Orange however is too similar.

this makes gameplay flow nice but still ensures you know when a combo ends and starts.

its hard to see with the rest of the colours distracting you, so try cover them up and only look at one sequence at a time.

i've tried it and it works very well.

also these colours are not the actual prescise ones to be used. e.g. the purple is actually a lighter shade. just sayin...
h3oCharles
lmao @ More from TheMadCharles
and... uh... I have a separate section on todo list... I feel honored O///O

oh geez, no element requests... this may hurt my mentality

Also, I contacted Mr. Nightgate himself by accident... oops...?
Topic Starter
-yuo-
lol how that happen?

nice to see i didnt get killed by copywrite
h3oCharles
oh, uhh... you forgot about more interface hitsounds... check on and off, click short confirm, sliderbar, pause hover, selection expand, heartbeat

Also, ever considered doing short trail cursors? I tried it with subtle trail, ended up in kinda failure

Also, about combo colors, when ppl consider grabbing No Color hc, then let them quickly also change the colors into base ones in skin.ini... or they could just pure white... I guess
^ unsure about that one tho

and just came to my mind, scoreentry plz
aand what about osu!cookie?
HotChocolate
omg I recommend this wonderful very beautiful skin <3
h3oCharles
CTB Fruit Catcher issue, I can confirm that on 16-10 HD

you're missing ranking-winner and multi-skipped as well

EDIT1: oh shoot, countdown sounds as well >_<
netocarvalhais
help me please T_T i'm on mac and i've tried a lot, but sliders are weird
softhusky
I feel defeated, this is some really good minimal art.
h3oCharles

netocarvalhais wrote:

help me please T_T i'm on mac and i've tried a lot, but sliders are weird
This problem has been mentioned already couple pages ago... macs are forced to be on Fallback version, there's some tutorial on how to get it to Stable, but it's not something you'd ask me
Topic Starter
-yuo-
💢 :?

h3oCharles
oh geez, I feel you, man... and I wish I could sit next to you (or in a voice chat) and plow through these quickly :/
Topic Starter
-yuo-
not too good at sound design but i'll try or just ignore them if i cant find anythyng (as in cant find any preset 'instruments' in GB cuz i dunno how they make their own)

if anyone is up to help then SURE I WILL L-LOVE U
(i-in a not akward way)
baka

Nno i meant appreceiate. 'APPRECIATE'

lol thanks..
h3oCharles
Progress update plz
Topic Starter
-yuo-
sorry for the wait, got a bit busy

I've decided to skip the rest of the sounds, and here:

(damn thats a long list... SIGH OF RELIEF)

also, a help file for mac users stuck on fallback osu was added. redirects to forum to get a latest build working, and a not-recommended additional hitcircle file to make it at least playable if too lazy to do so.

Topic Starter
-yuo-
-------------------UPDATE b16-7-------------------

This is a Proofread version, meaning in the next update nothing except bugfixes will be added.
I will then convert to the other colours.
finally.

i hope...

so tired

*its still uploading so just wait a little for the new ver.
h3oCharles
owo

HYYYYYPEEEE!!!

Oh, and look at the OP, you added the video but you screwed up
Aaand I think you need to check all the folders in the preferences... It's weird without knowing the context

Mania - extended judgment line is HD only
osu hitbursts blur only there's still 300 copy >_<

16-10 skin.ini has green combo color >_<
In taiko, play unranked on the side covers acc

There might be more stuff than this, tho.
show more