xi9w

-Izayoi wrote:

Hmm...

same problemo here
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Soz about that... idk what happened but its fixed now
suffix

There appears to be a problem with selection-mode-over and such.
Bara-
WE.NEED.MORE.COLOURS
Lee
Overall this is a very nice skin and there's a lot of potential to it, however since I do not know what you've planned for the future all I can really say is that the mod selection and plain rankings stand out. Now the mod selection looks clustered, feels like it needs to be more simplified to make it look somewhat decent. The rankings seem to be possible placeholders, but since I don't know I just wanted to point out that they look odd within the skin.

I'm not going to sit here and just point out negatives, like I said pretty good skin with a good concept behind it and I'm looking forward to see the continued progress. So uhh... good luck.
Sevanial
1 small problem, it's all @2x which i am unable to use it
Firinael
Looks pretty cool and neat, but the hitcircles are a bit too dark (I think using a hitcircle similar to Yugen's but with the gradient all around would get a look similar to the original while also being clearer), also as someone else mentioned the "mode" button seems to be bugged out. Apart from that, everything seems to be in order (despite some stuff that are still WIP but that's WIP so yeah).

btw I love that you added the score multipliers for mods, that's a great touch

Edit: also, it's probably my PC that's shit but the main menu lags a lot because of the falling hexagons and lines freaking out when I move the cursor. Like, laggy to the point of almost freezing. Dunno what's the deal with that but you might wanna look into it. (It's the snow + parallax effects that are bugging out btw)

Edit 2: the ranking icons look kinda meh, maybe going for a more square-y style would look better. (Also, the S icon doesn't look hype at all because of the color being sort of bland - not lively, and getting an S is supposed to be this great thing, but having an underwhelming icon kinda makes it not that great)

Edit 3: could you provide an alternate version of the spinner that's simpler? The current one is kind of too huge and detailed for me lol.

sorry for being kind of overwhelming but hey, you wanted feedback, right? e.e
Topic Starter
-yuo-
FEEDBACK-BACK

rys wrote:

This is a problem i'm having trouble to fix. The mode icon is displayed over the mouseover image so it's hard to fix. I might find a work around instead, redesigning the mouse over images alltogether.

Bara- wrote:

WE.NEED.MORE.COLOURS
Yes, but colours will come after the green one is stable. sorry to be blunt but it makes it easier and more secure (in terms of bugs) to make the whole skin and then recolour it, rather than make all of them and manage all of them while they're being built.

Suck wrote:

Overall this is a very nice skin and there's a lot of potential to it, however since I do not know what you've planned for the future all I can really say is that the mod selection and plain rankings stand out. Now the mod selection looks clustered, feels like it needs to be more simplified to make it look somewhat decent. The rankings seem to be possible placeholders, but since I don't know I just wanted to point out that they look odd within the skin.

I'm not going to sit here and just point out negatives, like I said pretty good skin with a good concept behind it and I'm looking forward to see the continued progress. So uhh... good luck :)
Thanks! Yes, the ranking icons are a placeholder. They're from my SKY skin. The mod selection... I kinda rushed them... It was meant to be a design test but when i added the three tests in they looked ok, so i did all of them and it looked fine. I wanted to change them but i don't have any ideas for a new design.. suggestions anybody??

Sevanial wrote:

Support for Standard Defenition screens will come after the skin is stable. sorry for the wait...

Firinael wrote:

Looks pretty cool and neat, but the hitcircles are a bit too dark (I think using a hitcircle similar to Yugen's but with the gradient all around would get a look similar to the original while also being clearer), also as someone else mentioned the "mode" button seems to be bugged out. Apart from that, everything seems to be in order (despite some stuff that are still WIP but that's WIP so yeah).

btw I love that you added the score multipliers for mods, that's a great touch

Edit: also, it's probably my PC that's shit but the main menu lags a lot because of the falling hexagons and lines freaking out when I move the cursor. Like, laggy to the point of almost freezing. Dunno what's the deal with that but you might wanna look into it. (It's the snow + parallax effects that are bugging out btw)

Edit 2: the ranking icons look kinda meh, maybe going for a more square-y style would look better. (Also, the S icon doesn't look hype at all because of the color being sort of bland - not lively, and getting an S is supposed to be this great thing, but having an underwhelming icon kinda makes it not that great)

Edit 3: could you provide an alternate version of the spinner that's simpler? The current one is kind of too huge and detailed for me lol.

sorry for being kind of overwhelming but hey, you wanted feedback, right? e.e
Woah nice detail! very helpful. Don't worry about being overwhelming.

Point 0:Some more hit circle styles i haven't made yet will be available in the extras... but i don't really understand your explanation (about yugen x this) could you explain a bit further? nvm I saw it in your skin edit you PM'd me. thanks!

Edit 1:Yep, my friend's Mac and mine both froze when we found the bug. I'll fix this. (if there is no menu snow image, the mode image will be used, and the size of the mode images in this skin are 1096 × 2268 px :? )

Edit 2: mhm, i tried to keep them simple and consistent to the design rules of the skin. Maybe a bit too much... maybe i'll add a glow...

Edit 3: Sure thing!
Sevanial

UO 073 wrote:

FEEDBACK-BACK

Sevanial wrote:

Support for Standard Defenition screens will come after the skin is stable. sorry for the wait...

Alright, I'll be waiting. Hope it will be as amazing as the preview images make it out to be :D
Paneiru
You might want to make the misses a bit smaller or something. The miss objects are a bit too big which might induce even more misses after a single miss because of how they clutter the playfield
Topic Starter
-yuo-

Sevanial wrote:

Alright, I'll be waiting. Hope it will be as amazing as the preview images make it out to be :D
Thanks for your patience! I'll do my best :D

Paneiru wrote:

You might want to make the misses a bit smaller or something. The miss objects are a bit too big which might induce even more misses after a single miss because of how they clutter the playfield
Yes, they are. This is a placeholder image as i haven't done the hitbursts yet... so yeh... not done yet
Firinael

UO 073 wrote:

FEEDBACK-BACK

rys wrote:

This is a problem i'm having trouble to fix. The mode icon is displayed over the mouseover image so it's hard to fix. I might find a work around instead, redesigning the mouse over images alltogether.
About this: maybe not using a .png image, instead using an image with a black background, might be a workaround?
Topic Starter
-yuo-
No, that won't work...

Here's whats happening:

The mode mouseover image is always displayed under the mode icon image, so you cant overlay the mode icon.

(i dunno why i went through all that effort to make that... :? )

Oh, and by the way, the mode mouseover image is actually already black
Firinael

-yuo- wrote:

No, that won't work...

Here's whats happening:

The mode mouseover image is always displayed under the mode icon image, so you cant overlay the mode icon.

(i dunno why i went through all that effort to make that... :? )

Oh, and by the way, the mode mouseover image is actually already black
Okay, first of all - holy shit that is some impressive graphical work right there. Second - damn, the mouseover being displayed under is kind of dumb. Maybe you could incorporate the mode icon image into the mouseover image somehow? But that would probably be super hard. : /
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Lol thanks! but me being a perfectionist I could say the mode text is 'MDE' not 'MDS', the perspective is messed up, it's a bit stretched and shadows shouldn't be cast on transparent items but that's just me being rushed so don't worry. :oops:

As for incorporating the mode icon image into the mouseover image, that causes problems... The icon won't change to the mode you're currently on and it won't react to the mouse properly... so yeh its pretty annoying, and quite dumb... but because the mode icon is the highest layer in the song select, and it's anchor point is in the middle of the image, it makes it possible to 'skin the unskinnable' e.g. the top bar where the tabs are. I'll use this trick in a more evident way in my possible future skins...

anywayyy, thanks as usual for the thumbs up and the suggestions!

Edit: oops forgot to mention that I've repositioned and 'redesigned' This part so It pretty much works fine now.
Jad Marin
Looking forward to the skin(s)! Especially to the red version :D . Keep up the great work, the skin looks so cool already ;u;

:?: For now I quietly cast my vote for a mania! mode as well~ :?:
Infa
Damn, unable to use this skin since it doesn't support lower resolutions at 16:9 :(

Guess I'll have to wait, but it does look really nice!
Ryees
Wow. Wooow. I will be super thrilled when this is set up with different colors. Do want.

This is very pretty. Keep it up.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
REPLIES

Jad Marin

Jad Marin wrote:

Looking forward to the skin(s)! Especially to the red version :D . Keep up the great work, the skin looks so cool already ;u;

:?: For now I quietly cast my vote for a mania! mode as well~ :?:
Thanks for the feedback! I'll consider voting after all colours and HD are complete, then i'll make a poll. Thanks anyway for the vote!
Infemy

Infemy wrote:

Damn, unable to use this skin since it doesn't support lower resolutions at 16:9 :(

Guess I'll have to wait, but it does look really nice!
Aww... I'm sorry about that. I'll try get it done as fast as i can (but even this may be long because i'm really busy...) thanks for your patience though!
Ryees

Ryees wrote:

Wow. Wooow. I will be super thrilled when this is set up with different colors. Do want.

This is very pretty. Keep it up.
I'm glad you like it! looking forward to the future too.

-------------------BETA VERSION "29 JAN 2017" RELEASED!-------------------

Please help push the skin further by giving feedback!
Azero
Remove followdots how? :)
edit:nvm
ripmyacc
[5/10]
Nothing special ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dephiy
The spinner is probably one of the most trippy things I've ever seen but I love it haha. What you've got going on so far is great, and I look forward to the full release :P
Barbarose
I have no idea where to download it, the only download button I see is on Image. xd
But the skin looks nice
Topic Starter
-yuo-
REPLIES

Zivoz

Zivoz wrote:

Remove followdots how? :)
edit:nvm
Lol ok, I should add follow point settings... maybe next update
ripmyacc

ripmyacc wrote:

[5/10]
Nothing special ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
oh.. ok... How could i make it better?
Dephiy

Dephiy wrote:

The spinner is probably one of the most trippy things I've ever seen but I love it haha. What you've got going on so far is great, and I look forward to the full release :P
Thanks for the support! hows spinner trippy? you havent seen anything yet :P
Barbarose

Barbarose wrote:

[i][i][/i][/i]I have no idea where to download it, the only download button I see is on Image. xd

But the skin looks nice
Download by clicking the image. You can click images, you know :P
Barbarose
Ah, I had to allow Java plugin or whatever - my bad, thanks :)
0Azimuth
Holy shit. This skin is PHENOMENAL! Thank you!
Topic Starter
-yuo-
REPLIES

Barbarose

Barbarose wrote:

Ah, I had to allow Java plugin or whatever - my bad, thanks :)
Thats okay!
0Azimuth

0Azimuth wrote:

Holy shit. This skin is PHENOMENAL! Thank you!
You're Welcome!

-------------------A POLL HAS STARTED-------------------

I noticed there's an absence of comments... I think this is because the skin is going well and there aren't any problems. I wanted to make sure this is right, so I started a poll. Vote yes to see HD and COLOURS come soon after, or vote NO and tell me that i need to refine, polish and maybe fix up some elements to make the best pro skin ever.

Note: the UI sounds are missing, I know. I'm not as good as making sounds and i'm struggling to find some sounds that suit the skin. If you have any suggestions do tell me.

Thanks for your help!

This poll has ended. I've decided to improve the hitbursts, add in some sounds and refine some elements, then I'll run another poll as a confirmation(maybe) and head for the colours!
0Azimuth

-yuo- wrote:

Note: the UI sounds are missing, I know. I'm not as good as making sounds and i'm struggling to find some sounds that suit the skin. If you have any suggestions do tell me.
I dunno, does it need UI sounds? The default UI sounds are unoffensive and don't clash with the skin. (Plus, if you decided to go back and add UI sounds later, you wouldn't have to REDO any work in all the various versions of the skin - it's a relatively safe late addition)

Maybe start on the other versions and come back if somebody offers up sound skills and ideas?
Topic Starter
-yuo-

0Azimuth wrote:

-yuo- wrote:

I dunno, does it need UI sounds? The default UI sounds are unoffensive and don't clash with the skin. (Plus, if you decided to go back and add UI sounds later, you wouldn't have to REDO any work in all the various versions of the skin - it's a relatively safe late addition)

Maybe start on the other versions and come back if somebody offers up sound skills and ideas?
The problem with this is, if i release full version with full HD and all colours, i would need to edit ALL 9 VERSIONS of the skin, and that's a hassle. And i feel it needs extra sounds because it feels unfinished and unprofessional...
veestire1
I need to wait for non-hd version as my monitor is about 6 years old :/
But from the screenshots i can see that it looks fantastic!
Firinael
The problem with this is, if i release full version with full HD and all colours, i would need to edit ALL 9 VERSIONS of the skin, and that's a hassle. And i feel it needs extra sounds because it feels unfinished and unprofessional...
If it'd be too much of a hassle to update them all, then I think it'd be better to delay the other colors in favor of getting the sounds right.
0Azimuth

-yuo- wrote:

0Azimuth wrote:

That's fair. Shame you can't just have a package that adds sounds to the currently installed skin (instead of having to repack the full skin nine times). I'm biased because I'm more hyped for the other colors you have planned than for menu sounds.

Could you, perhaps, maintain just one version, but have the alternate colors as options in the skin's Preferences folder? It would dramatically increase file size (and hurt your beautiful download options box at current), I suppose...
h3oCharles
*ANSWER TO THE POLL*

I think you should also skin taiko/catch/mania before you release

Firinael wrote:

If it'd be too much of a hassle to update them all, then I think it'd be better to delay the other colors in favor of getting the sounds right.
Why not just give everyone PSD files and let them color themselves? Or set up some sort of generator software?
0Azimuth

TheMadCharles wrote:

Firinael wrote:

Why not just give everyone PSD files and let them color themselves? Or set up some sort of generator software?
I mean, people could recolor their skins even without the PSD files, if they felt so inclined. Setting up some sort of generator software is more work, I'd wager. I'm a bit of a hypocrite, since I'm also offering up suggestions, but I think both of those don't really solve the problem.
xi9w
dude i love the new update! can't wait for mania skinned!
Topic Starter
-yuo-
REPLY TO CURRENT CONVERSATION

Thanks for the opinions and suggestions!
Does a base and patch system sound ok? You would download a base file and a patch file. The patch contains colours and the base contains static items. (as in, not changing between versions). Problem with this is, some people may not understand how to operate this. Tutorials are more work to do, and can sometimes be a hassle to view and 'do' the tutorial...
The program idea sounds nice, but i don't know how to code or make 'UI' apps....
We should analyse the problem that needs to be fixed, so we know what we're actually trying to fix
I guess the main problem here is my skills, time (which is extremely limited), people waiting and user friendliness...
While we cant really solve the waiting, I say we're finding a solution to getting highest quality, and easy customisation in little time is the best...
User friendliness is essential, it should work on most standard size screens, minimal programs required to use and yeh. Some people don't have photoshop, and everyone finds editing 100+ files to change the colour of a skin a hassle...
A collab would be a great, GREAT help, it could fill in some skills i don't have... anyone?
So far so good, but the problems aren't really solved. Any more suggestions?
(no offence, your suggestions are great! we build upon them, not trash them. -And 0Azimuth, don't worry about being biased, a consumer opinion is great!)

'Personal Message' - xi9w

xi9w wrote:

dude i love the new update! can't wait for mania skinned!
Cool! soz but please wait... I'm at a bottleneck in my workload...
'Personal Message' - Veestire

Veestire wrote:

I need to wait for non-hd version as my monitor is about 6 years old :/
But from the screenshots i can see that it looks fantastic!
Awww... yeh, i'm trying to get it done asap... Thanks for waiting!
h3oCharles
Patch system is ok I think. Even if people don't have photoshop, there's GIMP and Paint.NET, there should be plenty of tutorials on basic layering and colorizing, so I don't see a huge problem in that.
Software, on the other hand, I can't program either, but that would be the most user-friendly solution IMO.

-yuo- wrote:

A collab would be a great, GREAT help, it could fill in some skills I don't have... anyone?
I might be able to do SD (scaling down from HD), but I don't wanna do it in the middle of your work and/or find some sounds that you can choose from. Also, grab WubWoofWolf's v1.5, there might be some there

EDIT1: Let me get my feedback. Obviously (or not) all of this is my opinion, you may argue however you want, I'll not change it

I found a good workover for HD, use 1280x800 (16:10) or 1440x900 (8:5, not available) letterboxed if you don't have a 1080p monitor. This is what I'll be using

Things that I don't like:
Cursor:
- It doesn't expand on clicking, but the light does
- Trail isn't a solid line

Song screen:
- When starting a song, the UI gets glitchy (which I understand)
- I don't like that there are acronyms there, not so newbie friendly
- the border and song thumbnail aren't aligned properly (look at the bottom line)
- Back button isn't labeled
- osu!cookie is covered

Gameplay:
- Miss is taken from your Sky skin (WIP in nutshell)
- Warning arrows are too small for my taste
- You should add more variants of reverse arrows: Two arrows, Full Ring, Arrow in a circle, Arrow in a ring, Reverse symbol, half of ring outside/inside/on border of slider
- Spinner looks nice, but I it's too aesthetic for the "pros" IMO
- Speaking of the spinner, the glow might trigger epilepsy people
- It would've been nice for dots and bigger numbers
- Hit bursts just demand a number in the green color (300,100,50) and not a dot. Also centered and above cursor
- Did you know that you could also skin the leaderboard numbers? It's scoreentry-XYZ or sth like that. It's in Seouless' v7, which you can get through Cookiezi's user page
- Score bar should have a line that marks off 100%
- Combo colors should be changed to shades of green, that red and purple seems off with this green and black theme
- Countdown seems too small for my liking
- Small ranking letters should have the same color as the entire theme
- Too bad you can't change the pie color :/

Ranking:
- Back button should[?] touch with graph
- Ranking letters are too small, they should be about 3 times bigger than text
- letters "SC" aren't lined up to the score
Firinael
If sounds seem to be too much of a hassle, you could always ask Garin for the menu sounds of his YUGEN skin. They're pretty neat hehe and simple. Could fit in quite well, I think.

Edit: I'd like to add some stuff to what TheMadCharles said, actually.

TheMadCharles wrote:

Cursor:
- It doesn't expand on clicking, but the light does
- Trail isn't a solid line
- The cursor just doesn't really fit the skin's theme of dark and flat aesthetics. It looks cool, yeah, but it just stands out too much as something that looks like it came from another skin.

TheMadCharles wrote:

Song screen:
- When starting a song, the UI gets glitchy (which I understand)
- the border and song thumbnail aren't aligned properly (look at the bottom line)
- osu!cookie is covered
- The acronyms are not bad IMO, since it's easy to make out what each means if you have minimal familiarity with the game.
- Also the border and song alignment is small but it's one of those "can't unsee" things so it'd probably be better to fix it asap.
- An acronym could be added to the back button when you hover over it or something so that it'd be labeled but still would maintain the overall feel of the skin. Also regarding the back button: that blue line on top of the back button when you hover over it seems kind of out of place, especially since when you hover over the other buttons (options, random, etc) they don't have that blue line.
- osu!cookie being covered I think is inevitable. Haven't seen a skin that managed to get past that yet.

TheMadCharles wrote:

Gameplay:
- Miss is taken from your Sky skin (WIP in nutshell)
- Warning arrows are too small for my taste
- You should add more variants of reverse arrows: Two arrows, Full Ring, Arrow in a circle, Arrow in a ring, Reverse symbol, half of ring outside/inside/on border of slider
- Spinner looks nice, but I it's too aesthetic for the "pros" IMO
- Speaking of the spinner, the glow might trigger epilepsy people
- It would've been nice for dots and bigger numbers
- Hit bursts just demand a number in the green color (300,100,50) and not a dot. Also centered and above cursor
- Did you know that you could also skin the leaderboard numbers? It's scoreentry-XYZ or sth like that. It's in Seouless' v7, which you can get through Cookiezi' userpage
- Scorebar should have a line that marks off 100%
- Combo colors should be changed to shades of green, that red and purple seems off with this green and black theme
- Countdown seems too small for my liking
- Small ranking letters should have the same color as the entire theme
- Too bad you can't change the pie color :/
- hit0 being taken from the Sky skin might be a result of the skin being WIP but it still should be noted that the miss shouldn't occupy that much space for a pro skin. Right now missing with this skin is even worse because the miss effect is pretty distracting and might cause you to miss more stuff.
- More reverse arrow variants is a really good idea, but if it's too much trouble it might be better to put it aside in favor of prioritizing other stuff.
- A simple spinner is included under the "preferences" folder that comes with the skin.
- As for the spinner glow: just adding a blank spinner glow file to the preferences folder should be good enough.
- Bigger dots and numbers is preference, maybe you could enlarge them with Photoshop and upload it to save -yuo- some time?
- Dots for hitbursts is better because they're less distracting, but again, it's preference. On the subject of hitbursts could we have smaller hitbursts as well? In clearer colors? Because I can't tell from a 100hit or a 50hit with the current hitbursts.
- As for the scorebard having a line that marks off 100%... What do you mean by that, TheMadCharles?
- Countdown being too small is the same as the bigger dots and numbers, just enlarging them and uploading for -yuo- to add to the preferences folder would solve it.
- As for the small ranking letters, I think the contrary. It'd be better to have larger versions of them show up on the scoreboard, since just having one color for every ranking looks pretty meh. Also having "S+" for SH is pretty weird.
- Combo colors IMO shouldn't be changed to shades of green because they wouldn't stand off enough. But yeah the red and purple look off. Maybe using white, grey, or maybe the shade of blue used on the back button hover would be good?

TheMadCharles wrote:

Ranking:
- Back button should[?] touch with graph
- Ranking letters are too small, they should be about 3 times bigger than text
- https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7262781etters "SC" aren't lined up to the score
- Same stuff as before with the acronyms, maybe just add one more letter to the acronyms... "scr" for score, "cmb" for combo and "acc" for accuracy should look better.
- Back button touching with graph isn't really necessary IMO, it looks good as is.
- "sc" not being lined up is another "can't unsee".
- Back button not being labeled is same as before: maybe add an acronym at best. Just adding "back" would look pretty off.

And adding to the "can't unsee" pool, the blue bar above the ranking tab isn't lined up as well. https://puu.sh/tSOtZ/3cc04e3686.png

Edit 2: I forgot to mention that the sliderb and sliderfollowcircle elements look kind of out of place as well.

Edit 3: forgot to mention that the followpoints look pretty off. Like, they look kinda blocky or something, they just don't seem smooth. It'd probably be better to borrow another skin's followpoints. Also, if you could maybe edit this https://puu.sh/tSU76/17ca27c3a9.png hitcircle to be a bit more transparent and maybe increase the resolution, it'd look way better than the current ring hitcircle options. I can't because I'm shit at paint.net. :(

Edit 4: https://puu.sh/tSUZG/92205bd0d7.png - don't know if it's like that with every skin but seems like the scoreboard is a bit too short.
h3oCharles

Firinael wrote:

- osu!cookie being covered I think is inevitable. Haven't seen a skin that managed to get past that yet.
Why not just a simple fade-out? Or a diagonal line next to it?

Firinael wrote:

- Bigger dots and numbers is preference, maybe you could enlarge them with Photoshop and upload it to save -yuo- some time?

- Countdown being too small is the same as the bigger dots and numbers, just enlarging them and uploading for -yuo- to add to the preferences folder would solve it.
I don't want to upscale because I'll end up making it very blurry. I use Cubic Interpolation in GIMP 2.8

Firinael wrote:

- As for the scorebar having a line that marks off 100%... What do you mean by that, TheMadCharles?
Make the scorebar a rectangle or put 100% on its right side, just like in Sky
Firinael

TheMadCharles wrote:

Why not just a simple fade-out? Or a diagonal line next to it?
https://puu.sh/tTYq8/a89d37044c.png there's a blue line that would stand out if you didn't skin it. Also, the cookie expands, so you can't really draw anything up to it since it'd show over the cookie when expanded or wouldn't reach the cookie when not expanded.

TheMadCharles wrote:

I don't want to upscale it because I'll end up making it very blurry. I use Cubic Interpolation in GIMP 2.8
Welp, then we're both pretty much useless lol

TheMadCharles wrote:

Make the scorebar a rectangle or put 100% on its right side, just like in Sky.
Oh, right, I see what you mean now. But, I mean, there's already a darker bar on top of the HP bar that shows what's the limit. https://puu.sh/tTYTM/cbc0fdf634.png
show more