forum

Anyone else hit walls with rank progression?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tohka
I knows the whole "play more" thing but i've been stuck in 80k for what feels like eternity. I cant be the only one to have experienced this. I want to hear your stories on rank progression and how long it took you to get passed the wall.
Dntm8kmeeatu
General Discussion is for non-osu! topics, moving to Gameplay and Rankings.
Hiro-Senpai
Well, i played a lot. Started playing with 1-2 stars. Got really good at them that i could fc anything with 97%.
Then i moved to 3 stars. Have done the same aswell. And so on and on.
Ez solution
Play more ;)
Endaris
If you're stuck at a rank it means that you're improving as fast as everyone else around you. This is not a bad thing because it really means that you're still improving. Improving is more important than rank progression so just play more.
Caput Mortuum
i'm stuck in the 100k for 3 months lel
N0thingSpecial
I got my dick stuck in my laptop's USB port for 2 days
Runiel
If you want rank:
Florrow
been stuck in the 18k-s for a long time even though im playing every day and not going for scores and retrying 1324981308317853 times
--Yuno_Gasai--
I have hit that wall a couple times and I stop playing for a while and then come back and try really hard again and then as you play you kinda just do it(well for me anyway). From my time playing when I just hop on one day and I'm like hey I can do this now and then you jump up a bit and hit the next wall.
Caput Mortuum

N0thingSpecial wrote:

I got my dick stuck in my laptop's USB port for 2 days
quite a big dong you got there
Fxjlk
Walls in rank progression are an illusion, In reality you are continually improving. Some days you are better than others dependent on luck or how engaged you are but your average skill level over time is actually a steady line. Its the performance graph that makes people think otherwise. To get rid of the wall don't focus on it, keep in the mind state of enjoying the game.

That being said you can just "play more" and not try to focus on keeping a good mind state and you can get past walls however in my experience I enjoyed the game a lot more when i didn't focus on rank while I was playing the game and left that until after I had finished playing.

Hope that helps.
Endaris

Florrow wrote:

been stuck in the 18k-s for a long time even though im playing every day and not going for scores and retrying 1324981308317853 times
barely 2 months bruh, 10 months ago i was only 2k lower than now.
E m i
Yes my rank has changed by only 1700 ranks in the last 8 months - . -
Zain Sugieres
If you don't play enough maps that will let you improve your skill will obviously stagnate
winber1
the only wall i've hit was your mom
Topic Starter
Tohka

RunielVermell wrote:

If you want rank:
lol
b3s1r
Well, look at my signature.
I think not being as serious with the ranking and instead focusing on personal goals helps to keep motivated.

example:
FUCK YEAH 100PP
Kafein_old_1
I did a couple of times. Longest I've been stuck is at 17k for 2 months. Now I've run out of pp farm maps again hit yet another wall at 8k, so no choice but to play more and hope to improve along with it. :)
I Give Up
I hit a cliff.
Kayy
I'm hitting walls all the time.. Everytime I have a 1 miss play, I'll hit one. My hand doesn't really like it.
dGeist
Stuck at 52k for around 2 months. I just need to either s rank fc at least 4.5 star od8 map or fc a 5 star map to break the wall which for me is tough given that I always miss once in most of the 4.5 star maps. I 'm now trying to improve my control which is one of my flaws.

I'm hitting walls all the time.. Everytime I have a 1 miss play, I'll hit one. My hand doesn't really like it.
Yeah it pretty hurts especially if you're double jointed like me and my joints tend to buckle in streaming.
Myles
I was at 47k for a while then I started farming everyday. so pretty much play hddt ;)
Frikandel
I'm at the same rank as I was 1.5 years ago, and can only maintain it by farming. Talk about no progression.
Railey2
stuck at 5k since february