forum

[Archived] Osu! beat timings are unpredictable

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Drahsid
Problem Details:
I've been comparing multiple failed and successful plays and I have discovered that the timings for beats is different every time I play a song by a small amount.
To elaborate, when I hit the Keyboard1 key, I would compare the circumference of the hit circle; in some cases the notes would be missed with the same exact circumference as notes that got a perfect hit (comparing the same notes in different plays). I'm not sure what causes the issue, but I feel like it might have to do with your framerate. My frametime is usually around .59 to .7 ms, so we could say that's about 1750 FPS.

osu! version: 20160821.1 (latest)
Caput Mortuum
Offset in beatmaps are set by humans and may differ from each other by a few ms. Try to change your local offset (using + and - in a beatmap)
Jukkii
Songs have different bpms and different time signatures and different offsets. As long as its a ranked map it shouldnt have any kind of timing fault. The timing is predictable by listening to the song and looking at approach circles
Starrodkirby86
A better way to judge your timing inaccuracies would be to enable the hit error meter in your Options. Here's a good overview on it.

After you finish the song, you can also hover over the ranking graph to get more details about your hit inaccuracies.
BillyBaka
i feel some kind of the same stuff since a very long while (more than a year) like desyncs its like offset is changing all the time ..

i kinda did some reserch with video footage and i cant comfirm my analasis was perfect .. can meter innacuracies of 3-4 frames.

it seems random timings ... by reading forum today imma try 500hz on my mouse instead of 1k i tried a bunch of drivers settings and i tell you a bunch of stuff