forum

Horie Yui - Immoralist

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
warwolf
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 6:43:54 PM

Artist: Horie Yui
Title: Immoralist
Source: Dragon Crisis
Tags: horie yui immoralist dragon crisis
BPM: 185
Filesize: 11726kb
Play Time: 00:24
Difficulties Available:
  1. Insane WIP (5 stars, 94 notes)
  2. Insane (4.89 stars, 981 notes)
  3. tony (4.89 stars, 99 notes)
Download: Horie Yui - Immoralist
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Umm, yea, I've played in the editor before, but I could say this is my first map, so....any help is appreciated.
Ignore the positioning for now, I'm just trying to get the timing and beats right. I think the bpm's are good now, thanks to Selee.
I think I'm done with the timing, all I have to do now is place the notes and tweak the diff settings a bit.
A relevant bg would also be welcome.
Still working on positioning. It seems a bit awkward though....
Finished positioning.....kinda....It can be better, just that I've no idea how :-s
Made some modifications with XepherX3's suggestions.
Made notes bigger at lynn0121's suggestion.
Repositioned some notes at BeastLEE's suggestion.
Added new combos, some hitsounds and minor modifications thanks to XepherX3.
Applied most of 1on's suggestions, though right now I can't tell if it's right or not anymore, so remind me to facepalm myself later if it's not right.
Replaced it with 1on's modified version, and reduced the spacing just a tad on some notes.
I haven't mentioned this before but if any of you guys want to make a guest diff for it, be my guest :). This map ain't gonna get ranked, but it'd be nice if it'd get approved, and I don't think I'm creative enough to make another diff, so I'll be more than glad to accept guest diffs :)
Thanks.
Fixed some spacing issues I didn't feel happy with, though I still need to reposition some of the notes better xD

Currently waiting in NatsumeRin's queue here: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=28452&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Selee
Timing:

BPM Offset Timing Signature
185 3366 4/4
210 111041 3/4
185 119612 4/4
185 122221 4/4
285 148185 3/4
185 213932 4/4
185 242489 4/4

Star for nice song~
Topic Starter
warwolf
Thanks, I'll start modifying tomorrow xD
Tony
bravo ma, esti cel mai bun mapper din univers :)) hai stea
Topic Starter
warwolf
:)) ms
XepherX3
Go for approval

hmm..really nice song

can't actually find anything wrong timing wise..try placing more sliders instead of all those streams

i did some audio modding

add more hitsounds

use this file for the audio sections:
Download: Horie Yui - Immoralist (warwolf) [Insane].osu

just overwrite your own .osu

greetingz
xepherx3
Megaparadox
:lol:
1on_old
Very, very nice song!!
But i`m afraid that it will not be ranked, because there are over 15 millions points.

Also, big combos (bigger than 10) is not good. Try to divide them.

And some ideas:
1) 03.33.932(1) with speed x0.5, next slider with x0.75, next - x1.0, x1.25 and 03.44.310(1) with x1.5. I think it well be interesting.
2)02.48 - 03.04 - insert more sliders instead of some points.
3)03.08 - 03.33 - this part is slow, so you can increase range between points.
4)03.54 - 04.00 - insert some sliders maybe with repeats, because music is very emotional, but pattern is monotonous.
5)04.02:472 - 04.03.624 and 04.05.083 - 04.06.543 - try to increase range between points after each 3 or 4 points and make for them new combo
6)01.05:636 i think slider instead of two points will be better

If you agree with my suggestion, i will try to help more :)

Star.
net45291
( - w -)b
1on_old
I made many small and big changes, you can ake what you like from my version :)
Also, in your map i saw some cirles are not snapped to timeline. Look in AiMod in snapping and fix it.

Download: Horie Yui - Immoralist (warwolf) [Insane].osu
Topic Starter
warwolf

1on wrote:

I made many small and big changes, you can ake what you like from my version :)
Also, in your map i saw some cirles are not snapped to timeline. Look in AiMod in snapping and fix it.
Thank you 1on. The positioning in your version seems better than mine, and I like those jumps ^_^
The only thing i don't agree with is the spacing that keeps increasing in some streams, because basically the distance in time between notes is the same. Yes the sound gets more intense and it'll look better this way, but it'll also be less playable. Also at 3:55 i think the spacing s a bit too much, but it's 2 AM now and I may not be seeing things as they should right now, so I'll update it tomorrow.
Again, thank you for your help ^_^
1on_old
You are welcome :)
If you want to continue work, ask some modders in viewforum.php?f=60 to mod your map.

P.S. On my taste i think it will be better to increase spacing. Now lowest spacing is 0.6, and i think you can increase it to 0.8 or even to 1.0. Beatmap will be harder, but maybe more interesting.
Darteras
star :)
Tony
io trebuia sa termin dificultatea? :))
Topic Starter
warwolf

Tonoicutzu wrote:

io trebuia sa termin dificultatea? :))
nush, plm, mi-e lene sa mai continui xD
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.