forum

[Archived] Searching for specific values(BPM, AR, Stars)inconsistencies

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xarathas
So it's more of a question than a report because I've always wondered why it behaves this way.

When you search for a very specific combination with (for example) DT on, it will consider the value for Stars _after_ DT and anything else _before_ DT.

For example, if you want to farm easy TV-Size DT maps you have to specify the search as such:

AR=8 Stars>5 BPM>120 BPM<170 Length<100

So it makes sense for AR since DT 'technically' doesn't increase AR (which doesn't really matter because HR behaves exactly the same, as in searching for AR=10 with HR off or on makes no difference, yet the latter should yield you more results), but why BPM and Length?

I mean I do see the difference, Stars is the only value that gets completely recalculated depending on the map, while all the other values are simply increased/reduces by factor 1.5, but it does feel extremely counterintuitive

osu! version: 20160821.1 (latest)
Kao
When searching for values, the original values will always be used regardless of mods enabled.
So if you search AR>6.99 you'd see 7.00 above
But if you search for AR>6.99 with HR, you'd see 9.8 above, since AR 7.00 -> AR 9.80 with HR
Same goes for AR<7.01 with HR would show AR 9.8 as highest, since AR 7.00 -> AR 9.80 with HR