forum

Help with full screen jumps and pen grip?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jcal
I have just recently started messing around with 5*-6* maps and played my first few full screen jump maps (Remote Control being the main one) but they are a lot more awkward to do than I thought they'd be. I consider myself a pretty good jumper and I knew full screen jumps would be hard but it feels really wrong and I'm not sure if that's because I'm just not used to them or my pen grip/tablet area is bad. I currently hold my pen like you would a normal pen/pencil with the pen resting on my index finger, then I have the tablet area set up as large as I could put it while not having to move my hand/wrist. So my hand/wrist stay in the same position while I play. I've seen a lot of the "pro" players move their hands a lot while they play so I was wondering maybe this isn't the best pen grip to be using??

It is also possible I just need to get used to really long jumps idk :?
kurodahatsuharu
Go back to 4* maps an start playing from there. That's how you learn.
You have to know your own advantages and discover your area and your pen grip, copy others doesn't make you a better player.
Sayorie
I agree with kurodahatsuharu. You're better off training your consistency with 4* jumps first than trying your luck with 5*-6* jumps. When it comes to grip, no one can really say what's right for you or not. You can only experiment to see what's best for you.
Hiro-Senpai
Go back to 4* thats your place, right there. Second thing you should do... practice your acc and fix it because its bad, at least not entirely shit like 80% but borderline shit. And then if you are good enough to fc 4.9999999999999999* with high acc 97%+ then u can say yeeey i am able to move on to 5* maps and improve more. After this you reallize.... wow the jumps actually aren't that difficult for me now. After some practice i can get good enough to hit them everytime

End of story.
Play more

The End