forum

Richard Caddock, WRLD, Nitro Fun, Slips & Slurs & Subtact -

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
2012art
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 5:59:48 PM

Artist: Richard Caddock, WRLD, Nitro Fun, Slips & Slurs & Subtact
Title: Break The Silence
Tags: Monstercat
BPM: 95
Filesize: 5366kb
Play Time: 04:24
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.28 stars, 170 notes)
  2. Normal (1.6 stars, 161 notes)
Download: Richard Caddock, WRLD, Nitro Fun, Slips & Slurs & Subtact - Break The Silence
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hello there! I'm very new to osu! beatmap making and I currently need help on the timing of the map.
I am extremely new so, please use terms that I can understand and no acronyms please with help.

Currently Working on:
Composing Normal, Finding Guest Diffs (2+ Star), Adding Backgroud Video

Currently Need Help on:
Modding for Easy

Looking for:
3+ Star Guest Difficulties

Update Log
Update Log
9/13: Updated BPM and timing
9/16: Snaped Notes and tried to add video but, file too large. Working on adding.
9/20: Started Composing for Easy
9/23: Restarted Map due to incorrect BPM, and Started Re-timing
9/24: Re-timed Kiai Parts, starting Composing Easy
9/26: Composed about 43.8% of Easy
9/27: Composed a bit more! [Easy]
9/30: Composing [Easy]
10/2: Composing [Easy]
10/3: Finished Composing Easy and Editing
10/4 & 5: Editing Map
10/6 & 8: Editing More of Map
10/10: Editing Map (70% Complete)
10/15: Finished Editing [Easy] and added more curves to the beatmap!
10/17: Set Skin to User's Pref. and thinking on making Normal
10/27: Edited Easy w/AiMod
11/15: Started Composing Normal
11/16: Fixed Audio Issue with Bitrate
11/23: Slight Changes
12/4: AlexZZZ's Mod Changes to [Easy], Added Offset, and Added Preview Point
12/27: Updated Map a bit, just to show I'm not dead
1/25: Working on TheKingHenry's Mod/Small Changes
1/28: TheKingHenry's Mod Changes to [Easy]. adjusted Offest, AiMod changes
2/10: AiMod Distance Check and Updated Normal
2/24: PolkaMocha's Mod Changes to [Easy] and small changes in [Easy]
3/25: Added Custom Colors to Map and More Updates on [Normal] and [Easy]
4/15: Mapped more of [Normal] and some small changes to both diffs
Special Thanks to
Thank You so much to everyone who helped!

makemecool123 - Attempted To Find BPM, but was wrong. Thanks anyways!
Zyl- Found The Correct BPM
Rizen- Tips For Easy
AlexZZZ-1st Modder
TheKingHenry-2nd Modder
PolkaMocha-3rd Modder and Thanks for the acronyms guide!
makemecool123
Well i find the bpm and offset

Its Bpm 104.54 and offset 29
:) NOW GIMME KUDOSU!
makemecool123
You can start in hard or insane
You can find GD in mod queues as long as they support the whitelist
Topic Starter
2012art

makemecool123 wrote:

makemecool123 wrote:

First of all, Thank You so much ;)
and
I'm currently working on Easy but, I don't think I would be good at beatmapping a hard or insane map since I can't play 4+ Maps. Also what's "GD in mod queues as long as they support the whitelist".
Can you explain this to me?
makemecool123

2012art wrote:

makemecool123 wrote:

makemecool123 wrote:

First of all, Thank You so much ;)
and
I'm currently working on Easy but, I don't think I would be good at beatmapping a hard or insane map since I can't play 4+ Maps. Also what's "GD in mod queues as long as they support the whitelist".
Can you explain this to me?
GD mean guess diff is a mod thing that a modder that create a diff for the maps to showcase or help the progress of the map
diffs useful for people that need work that is hard you can find them on mod Queues that supports of the map categories
Topic Starter
2012art

makemecool123 wrote:

GD mean guess diff is a mod thing that a modder that create a diff for the maps to showcase or help the progress of the map
diffs useful for people that need work that is hard you can find them on mod Queues that supports of the map categories
Ah, I see. Thank you for this information! If you can recommend any queues, that would be greatly appreciated :D
Zyl
From my Queue~

makemecool123 wrote:

THAT'S TOTALLY WRONG MEN!
@makemecool123 if you don't know how to find the BPM in the maps DON'T DO IT! you can confuse new mappers so if you don't know DON'T TRY IT IF YOU AREN'T THAT EXPERIENCED!!!, @makemecool123 for win Kudos try to do something that help the mapper and don't give it incorrect info.

And by the way, try to ask to another mappers how to map please.

1. BPM: 95
  2. Offset: 0

I don't know if that ^ is good, because the BPM of this song is really ambiguous... so good luck.
And if you want one of my GD's, improve as mapper.
Topic Starter
2012art

Zyl wrote:

From my Queue~

makemecool123 wrote:

THAT'S TOTALLY WRONG MEN!
@makemecool123 if you don't know how to find the BPM in the maps DON'T DO IT! you can confuse new mappers so if you don't know DON'T TRY IT IF YOU AREN'T THAT EXPERIENCED!!!, @makemecool123 for win Kudos try to do something that help the mapper and don't give it incorrect info.

And by the way, try to ask to another mappers how to map please.

1. BPM: 95
  2. Offset: 0

I don't know if that ^ is good, because the BPM of this song is really ambiguous... so good luck.
And if you want one of my GD's, improve as mapper.
Alright, thank you for setting the BPM straight, I originally had it at 95 but, he confused me :|
"Ask another mapper how to map..", Do you mean ask other modders?
Ok! I'll try hard to improve as a mapper! Thank You! :D
AlexZZZ
I'm just pasing by...
Timing on Easy i set 7623
It is better for rookie players start only with sliders after break
i think better change:
Circle Size - 3, but 2 is fine for me
Ar>0 like 3
Too many Kiai
Put preview
idk if this accepteable to put Speed 1.4 on EZ, so maybe change too 1.0
Beat Snap Divisor - 1/4 if you want this slider 03:23:412 or 1/2 if you change it

00:10:149 - i just delete this note
00:50:570 - maybe change to slider or delete
01:12:044 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - why there 2 close, welp it is fine for ez, but maybe confusing
01:15:833 (4,5,6) - when word "dream" repeated better put sliders
01:30:991 (1) - i delete it
01:37:938 - too close too spinner
01:39:833 - spinner ends here or change to notes or sliders
02:01:307 (4,5,6) - those 3 change for reverse slider or some figure slider
02:06:359 (2) - put that note here 02:08:254 (3)
02:06:991 (3) - and that slider here 02:06:359 (2)
02:09:517 (5) - shorter that slider on 1 position
02:11:412 - put here a note
02:12:044 (7) - here reverse slider that ends 02:12:675
02:17:728 - - delete this note, too close too spinner
02:21:517 - end of spinner here
02:22:149 - delete this note coz of spinner
03:20:254 - or put spinner here 03:20:886 or change on slider
03:23:412 (1) - end of that is here 03:24:044
04:03:201 (7,1,2,3,1,2,1,2) - - maybe better delete this
and put some slider that start here 04:07:623 and end here 04:08:886
04:22:149 - change position of spinner - 04:22:780

Good Luck
Topic Starter
2012art

AlexZZZ wrote:

I'm just pasing by...
Timing on Easy i set 7623 -Acceepted
It is better for rookie players start only with sliders after break
i think better change:
Circle Size - 3, but 2 is fine for me -Keeping at 2
Ar>0 like 3 -Acceepted
Too many Kiai -Acceepted
Put preview -Acceepted
idk if this accepteable to put Speed 1.4 on EZ, so maybe change too 1.0 -?
Beat Snap Divisor - 1/4 if you want this slider 03:23:412 or 1/2 if you change it -1/4

00:10:149 - i just delete this note -Acceepted
00:50:570 - maybe change to slider or delete -Acceepted
01:12:044 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - why there 2 close, welp it is fine for ez, but maybe confusing -Changed
01:15:833 (4,5,6) - when word "dream" repeated better put sliders -Acceepted
01:30:991 (1) - i delete it -Acceepted
01:37:938 - too close too spinner -Acceepted
01:39:833 - spinner ends here or change to notes or sliders -Acceepted
02:01:307 (4,5,6) - those 3 change for reverse slider or some figure slider -Acceepted
02:06:359 (2) - put that note here 02:08:254 (3) -Acceepted
02:06:991 (3) - and that slider here 02:06:359 (2) -Acceepted
02:09:517 (5) - shorter that slider on 1 position -Acceepted
02:11:412 - put here a note -Acceepted
02:12:044 (7) - here reverse slider that ends 02:12:675 -Acceepted
02:17:728 - - delete this note, too close too spinner -Acceepted
02:21:517 - end of spinner here -Acceepted
02:22:149 - delete this note coz of spinner -Acceepted
03:20:254 - or put spinner here 03:20:886 or change on slider - ^ deleted note
03:23:412 (1) - end of that is here 03:24:044 -Acceepted
04:03:201 (7,1,2,3,1,2,1,2) - - maybe better delete this
and put some slider that start here 04:07:623 and end here 04:08:886 -Keeping
04:22:149 - change position of spinner - 04:22:780 -Acceepted

Good Luck
Thank You for the Mod! If I did anything wrong, reply back to me. Thanks again! :D
TheKingHenry
Hello mod from my queue~
General/Easy
  1. Since you said you are new I'm gonna try to keep this at overall tips. They will help you more than nazing here ^^
  2. Timing's right enough atm, but if you wanna be really exact I would do a little change. First of all, move the first time signature to 00:00:044 - instead of the current 00:07:623 - since that's where the sounds essentially start. Note that this isn't supposed to really "change" anything noticeable in the map.
  3. The artist section looks like confused clusterfuck but hey, according to a quick google, this IS penta collab and tbh I don't know if there is any other legit way to list em here so it's fine
  4. 00:10:149 - you are ignoring very important sound here, the 1st beat. Also beginning the song on 2nd beat can be confusing for this player lvl. So basically always (especially when mapping lower diffs where you pick some of the sounds to map, not all) check the song for the important sounds, and map them. Even then tho think, if the important sound you mapped is good to play, sometimes you'll have to compromise on that and map smth that is more simple to play.
  5. 00:10:780 (1,4) - recycle similar slider shape as much as is reasonable for sliders of same length (not counting reversements). Especially do this on easier difficulties
  6. 00:20:254 (2) - always try to NC the emphasised sound (usually the 1st beat of a measure). Also pattern the same way, so that the emphasis is on the NC. Here you have began patterning and NCing from 00:19:623 (1) -
  7. 00:24:044 (4,5) - I supposed you know what is blanket? If not, here. Always try to blanket if it's easily doable such as here.
  8. 00:38:570 (3,4) - while the distance spacing is equal all the time, visually it's overlapping. All overlaps are usually unnecessary on lower difficults, and therefore I suggest to remove if there are those. This place here reminds me of other thing too. Not only keep the distance spacing as equal as possible, also keep the visual distance as stable as possible, it will make the map look more structured. Thus even tho the distance spacing is good, fix visual spacing between objects on places such as 01:31:623 (1,3). Usually it doesn't affect gameplay that much, but with sliders that's also possible. Example 01:34:780 (4,5) - it looks visually close than distance spacing -wise, but due slider leniency it actually plays as if it were closer. To be completely honest, with this slow slider velocity it doesn't really happen, but higher diffs and higher slider velocities can make it happen
  9. 01:34:780 (4) - similar to what I said earlier about mapping NCs and emphasis points. Here you have the most important sound not-clickable as a sliderend. Perhaps you could make it otherwise
  10. 01:38:570 (1) - nothing too serious but this spinner can be little too fast for this level of difficulty
  11. That's about the things that came to mind. Now just apply these tips to practice ^^
Good luck!
Topic Starter
2012art

TheKingHenry wrote:

Hello mod from my queue~
General/Easy
  1. Since you said you are new I'm gonna try to keep this at overall tips. They will help you more than nazing here ^^ Thanks!
  2. Timing's right enough atm, but if you wanna be really exact I would do a little change. First of all, move the first time signature to 00:00:044 - instead of the current 00:07:623 - since that's where the sounds essentially start. Note that this isn't supposed to really "change" anything noticeable in the map. Accepted
  3. The artist section looks like confused clusterfuck but hey, according to a quick google, this IS penta collab and tbh I don't know if there is any other legit way to list em here so it's fine Lmao, understood
  4. 00:10:149 - you are ignoring very important sound here, the 1st beat. Also beginning the song on 2nd beat can be confusing for this player lvl. So basically always (especially when mapping lower diffs where you pick some of the sounds to map, not all) check the song for the important sounds, and map them. Even then tho think, if the important sound you mapped is good to play, sometimes you'll have to compromise on that and map smth that is more simple to play. Accepted and Understood
  5. 00:10:780 (1,4) - recycle similar slider shape as much as is reasonable for sliders of same length (not counting reversements). Especially do this on easier difficulties Accepted
  6. 00:20:254 (2) - always try to NC the emphasised sound (usually the 1st beat of a measure). Also pattern the same way, so that the emphasis is on the NC. Here you have began patterning and NCing from 00:19:623 (1) - Accepted?
  7. 00:24:044 (4,5) - I supposed you know what is blanket? If not, here. Always try to blanket if it's easily doable such as here. Accepted
  8. 00:38:570 (3,4) - while the distance spacing is equal all the time, visually it's overlapping. All overlaps are usually unnecessary on lower difficults, and therefore I suggest to remove if there are those. This place here reminds me of other thing too. Not only keep the distance spacing as equal as possible, also keep the visual distance as stable as possible, it will make the map look more structured. Thus even tho the distance spacing is good, fix visual spacing between objects on places such as 01:31:623 (1,3). Usually it doesn't affect gameplay that much, but with sliders that's also possible. Example 01:34:780 (4,5) - it looks visually close than distance spacing -wise, but due slider leniency it actually plays as if it were closer. To be completely honest, with this slow slider velocity it doesn't really happen, but higher diffs and higher slider velocities can make it happen Accepted and Fixed
  9. 01:34:780 (4) - similar to what I said earlier about mapping NCs and emphasis points. Here you have the most important sound not-clickable as a sliderend. Perhaps you could make it otherwise Accepted and Fixed
  10. 01:38:570 (1) - nothing too serious but this spinner can be little too fast for this level of difficulty Keeping for Now
  11. That's about the things that came to mind. Now just apply these tips to practice ^^ Thanks Again!
Good luck!
Thanks for the Mod! Anything that I messed up, please clarify by replying to this :)
polka
Hey! I'll mod your map but first I'll just pass along some helpful acronyms and terms.

NM= Normal mod

M4M= Modding someone else's map for their mod on yours

BN= Beatmap Nominator, someone responsible for bubbling and popping a map. Bubbling a map sends it for a quality check before being ranked. You need one or two bubbles on map for it to be ranked. BNs also can qualify maps. If a bubbled map is of high enough quality, it will be qualified. This allows a scoreboard for your map and comments. It also sets it to go through one more strict ass quality check. If it passes (takes about a week) it will get ranked.

QAT= Quality Assurance Team. BNs on steroids. They can bubble, pop, and qualify too. But one thing they can do the BNs cant is disqualify. If they believe a qualified map isnt up to snuff, they can DQ it. QATs can do this because they are of higher experience in mapping.

TIP: NEVER ask a BN or QAT to icon your map. (icon is starring (showing interest in a bubble), bubbling, or qualifying). Always ask for a mod. They will icon it if they feel the map deserves it. But dont just blindly ask BNs and QATs for mods. Check to make sure they are taking mods. This is the hardest stage for new mappers, as they almost never are unless they are good friends with you :C

SR
= star rating. Star rating for the difficulty of the map

BPM= Beats per Minute

SV= Slider Velocity. The speed of your sliders.

DS= Distance Snap. How far apart your notes are

x and y coordinates: Used to explain your placement on the grid; can be found in the upper right.

CS= Circle Size

OD= Overall Difficulty. A setting for your beat map.

HP/Drain= Your HP drain rate setting for your map.

AR= Approach Rate. How fast the approach circles move on your map.

HS= Hit sounds/Hit samples

NC= New Combo

KD= Kudosu, a reward for modding.

GD
= Guest Difficulty "so and so's normal". someone else's mapping for a given difficulty.

Blanket = How well a slider curves around a circle.

Flow= How well you flow through a map (objects curving into each other or leading into one another versus pointing away from each other)

Play-ability= the possible factor of your map. Varies depending on difficulty.

Spread= Short for Difficulty Spread. How well all of the difficulties correlate with each other in terms of a set. Good spread is 1* easy 2.1* normal 2.9* hard 4.3* insane. Bad spread is .8* easy, 2.4* normal, 4* hard, 4.3* insane.

All the ones I can think of off of the top of my head that can be used in mods. I'll mod later!
polka
WOO HERE WE GO. So instead of a standard mod, I'll give you a beginner style mod. Here, I point out common things beginners should avoid and help you understand why.

Combo colours? Add some! Song Setup > Colours. Big tip, make them compliment the bg, not match it!

NCs= NC whenever the music changes. In easy modes, combos never really go past 5. The safe way to do it is to NC every big white tick on the timeline. (also known and referred to as a downbeat)

Speaking of downbeats, (Every 1st and 3rd white tick) these are important because these are COMMONLY the most important beats of the song. ESPECIALLY for this one. Be careful not to land sliders or drag sliders over them. They should be clickable, whether it be the start of a slider or a circle. It's not unrankable, but it makes more map like x10000000 higher in quality. What's weird though, is 00:20:886 (2) - this works. Not sure why.

Set your preview point a bit before the part you want your audience to hear (typically on the blue beat before). It sounds better in song selection.

Don't repeat a slider more than once in easy or normal. Not a good idea ono

03:23:412 (1) - AHHHH Okay beginners won't know what the hell to do with this thing. PLEASE stick to white ticks (or referred to as 1/1) for easies. Some advanced mappers like to be edgy and use 1/2 sometimes, but that generally doesn't work.

03:54:991 (7,2) - Also, because of your low AR, (and you've done an AMAZING job at avoiding this so far), things will be more likely to overlap, which is near impossible for easy players to read. Avoiiiiiiiiid overlaps of any kind in easy unless you REALLY know what you're doing. If you're unsure, than you shouldn't.

Lastly, it is unrankable to have no HS on your beatmaps. To add samples, select the circle, the body of a slider, or the head or tail (gotta double click for that one) and click one of the three samples on the right. Spinners can only have a sample on the end and slider bodies make a different whistle noise than every other object.

Also, have some FANTASTIC mapping guides
I wish you tons of luck on your mapping journey. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about your map, my mod, or anything having to do with mapping, ASK ASK ASK! PM me on the website or feel free to flag me down in-game. I'd love to help.

ALSO the way you respond to mods is PERFEEEEECT!! Typically, beginners will just say thanks and the modder will have no idea how they helped. Also you color code your responses too! HUGE BONUS POINTS. Don't ever stop doing that. We never say it, but us modders really, REALLY appreciate that.

ALSO ALSO P.S.S.S

Ur timing is fine go u
Topic Starter
2012art
First off, thank you so very much for the guide on acronyms and terms. It made my day when I got this mod and I could finally understand a bit more about the editor.

I made it into a Word File so I can use that is a go-to guide for acronyms and terms.

So, thank you for the help!

PolkaMocha wrote:

WOO HERE WE GO. So instead of a standard mod, I'll give you a beginner style mod. Here, I point out common things beginners should avoid and help you understand why. Alrighty then

Combo colours? Add some! Song Setup > Colours. Big tip, make them compliment the bg, not match it!

NCs= NC whenever the music changes. In easy modes, combos never really go past 5. The safe way to do it is to NC every big white tick on the timeline. (also known and referred to as a downbeat)

Speaking of downbeats, (Every 1st and 3rd white tick) these are important because these are COMMONLY the most important beats of the song. ESPECIALLY for this one. Be careful not to land sliders or drag sliders over them. They should be clickable, whether it be the start of a slider or a circle. It's not unrankable, but it makes more map like x10000000 higher in quality. What's weird though, is 00:20:886 (2) - this works. Not sure why. lmao I didn't even notice that

Set your preview point a bit before the part you want your audience to hear (typically on the blue beat before). It sounds better in song selection.

Don't repeat a slider more than once in easy or normal. Not a good idea ono

03:23:412 (1) - AHHHH Okay beginners won't know what the hell to do with this thing. PLEASE stick to white ticks (or referred to as 1/1) for easies. Some advanced mappers like to be edgy and use 1/2 sometimes, but that generally doesn't work. I'll keep it in for now but, I wonder what to change it to. Really seemed nice but, I made my brother play it and he did get confused at it.

03:54:991 (7,2) - Also, because of your low AR, (and you've done an AMAZING job at avoiding this so far), things will be more likely to overlap, which is near impossible for easy players to read. Avoiiiiiiiiid overlaps of any kind in easy unless you REALLY know what you're doing. If you're unsure, than you shouldn't. Accepted

Lastly, it is unrankable to have no HS on your beatmaps. To add samples, select the circle, the body of a slider, or the head or tail (gotta double click for that one) and click one of the three samples on the right. Spinners can only have a sample on the end and slider bodies make a different whistle noise than every other object.

Also, have some FANTASTIC mapping guides
I wish you tons of luck on your mapping journey. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about your map, my mod, or anything having to do with mapping, ASK ASK ASK! PM me on the website or feel free to flag me down in-game. I'd love to help.

ALSO the way you respond to mods is PERFEEEEECT!! Typically, beginners will just say thanks and the modder will have no idea how they helped. Also you color code your responses too! HUGE BONUS POINTS. Don't ever stop doing that. We never say it, but us modders really, REALLY appreciate that.

ALSO ALSO P.S.S.S

Ur timing is fine go u
Now then, be sure to come back and give me true mod instead of a beginner's mod for Easy and Normal (once i complete normal)!

Thanks for the Mod! Anything that I messed up, please clarify by replying to this :)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.