Ideal
MBomb's Platter evolves into Ascendance's Rain
Ascendance

Idealism wrote:

MBomb's Platter evolves into Ascendance's Rain
I'm everywhere oooo spoooky
Topic Starter
Foxy Grandpa
Self popped to fix some hit sounding on the hard difficulty, hopefully it'll be back soon
Monstrata
Rebub.
Topic Starter
Foxy Grandpa

Monstrata wrote:

Rebub.
:D thank you again monstrata!
Saileach
Electoz
Popped the bubble as there's a conflicted volume settings at 01:15:811 in Conspiracy, also video seems to be missing in some difficulties so you might wanna recheck that again, feel free to ask Monstrata for a rebubble.
Xinnoh
Topic Starter
Foxy Grandpa

Electoz wrote:

Popped the bubble as there's a conflicted volume settings at 01:15:811 in Conspiracy, also video seems to be missing in some difficulties so you might wanna recheck that again, feel free to ask Monstrata for a rebubble.
`

fixed the issues

great way to wake up in the morning
Spaghetti
rebububu~
Topic Starter
Foxy Grandpa
Ascendance
hey thats pretty good
Monstrata
Qualified!
Ideal
t!reps out for foxy
gratz
defiance
:thinking:
ZiRoX

Gordon123 wrote:

[Ascendance's Rain]

• lol nice diff)
    00:50:397 (4) - move it to x:144 y:112
    00:50:486 (5) - move it to x:112 y:80
    ^ i think here better jump lol
    00:59:071 (4) - move it to x:136 y:328
    00:59:161 (5) - move it to x:176 y:296
    ^ better to have been sent to the 00:59:342 (6) - )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

nice map :D
Good Luck ;)
This mod was never addressed by Ascendance.
Ascendance

ZiRoX wrote:

Gordon123 wrote:

[Ascendance's Rain]

• lol nice diff)

Good Luck ;)
This mod was never addressed by Ascendance.
Sorry! Foxy actually pointed it out to me after the bubble (one of the reasons it got popped), but I guess I forgot to reply to it. I can assure you it was addressed. The point about the jump and the last point were accepted, but the rest was not for my "aesthetic" reasons. Sorry sorry sorry ;;
ZiRoX

Ascendance wrote:

Gordon123 wrote:

[Ascendance's Rain]

• lol nice diff)

Good Luck ;)
Sorry! Foxy actually pointed it out to me after the bubble (one of the reasons it got popped), but I guess I forgot to reply to it. I can assure you it was addressed. The point about the jump and the last point were accepted, but the rest was not for my "aesthetic" reasons. Sorry sorry sorry ;;
That unapplied mod isn't listed as a reason in the bubble pop post:

Electoz wrote:

Electoz also confirmed he never stated it as a reason for the bubble pop.

Also, none of the objects is in the places mentioned in the mod post. Did you really apply two of them? Besides, if you checked the timestamps and the way the explanations for the suggestions are placed, you could tell they are paired (so the first two timestamps are a single suggestion, justified by the jump thing, and so are the last two suggestions paired), so it doesn't make sense that you only applied one of each pair.

Given all this, one can conclude that you're lying about having checked and applied the mod in order to avoid a DQ, which makes your behaviour really questionable. I get it that you're trying to make up for your mistake of not applying a mod in time (although it is also a mistake from the qualifying BNs), but that's not the way to do it.
Ascendance
I'd appreciate if I wasn't incriminated in this whole situation. Endlessly harassing me and FoxyGrandpa is only causing unnecessary stress over something as simple as a mistake, that I already admitted to. The mod was applied, and I definitely didn't say that Electoz popped because of it. If you're so intent on reading the thread, you'd notice that there were 2 pops, one by Electoz, and one that was a self pop.

Also, what do you mean they're paired? Those are 4 different points, even though the timestamps are close together. It's pretty simple to only accept one of the movements rather than the other, is it not? As much as I'd love to play detective with you, the whole situation goes no further than just me forgetting to reply to a mod in the thread. I already apologized for it, so I'd appreciate if the harassment could stop.
JBHyperion
Alright, let's take a step back for a second and stop attacking each other.

Mistakes can happen, stuff can be forgotten - it's not the end of the world. However, all mods still require a proper response in any case. Whilst I appreciate that the mod was made some time ago and it might be difficult to accurately recall what was applied from it, please do your best to give a response at your earliest convenience.

If there's no adequate response 24 hours from now, we will have to disqualify the map until such time that one can be produced. Consider this a grace period for an honest mistake, and try to make sure it doesn't happen again in the future (:
Monstrata
Applying mod =/= following a mod completely. Any good mapper knows that there are many ways to apply a mod. Gordon123 didn't specify what exactly he wanted Ascendance to fix, nor did he really express any reasoning behind the changes he proposed. They could have been relating to spacing for all we know, and Ascendance could have applied the mod by changing the note he mentioned, or by changing another note instead (thereby also fixing what he believed to be the issue). In any case, we don't know the modder's intentions well, nor do we know the mapper's mindset, so blind accusations just make you look bad xD.
Ascendance

JBHyperion wrote:

Alright, let's take a step back for a second and stop attacking each other.

Mistakes can happen, stuff can be forgotten - it's not the end of the world. However, all mods still require a proper response in any case. Whilst I appreciate that the mod was made some time ago and it might be difficult to accurately recall what was applied from it, please do your best to give a response at your earliest convenience.

If there's no adequate response 24 hours from now, we will have to disqualify the map until such time that one can be produced. Consider this a grace period for an honest mistake, and try to make sure it doesn't happen again in the future (:
Sure, as I said to ZiRoX, and as I stated in the logs here I told FoxyGrandpa to make changes for me for the points I directed, which was the final point, and the one directed at the jump. I didn't say to apply them directly, so the coordinates are obviously not the same, but I did check after and agreed with the coordinates he moved them to. As such, I'll address the points I didn't accept.

Gordon123 wrote:

[Ascendance's Rain]

• lol nice diff)
    00:50:397 (4) - move it to x:144 y:112 The slightly tilted vertical stack is something I've done quite often as of late, and it's used here as a good way to "catch" the leftwards movement. As such, I don't really want to change it.
    00:50:486 (5) - move it to x:112 y:80 Instead of the full jump, the distance was slightly moved to create a perfect stack. As expected of a standard mapper B)
    00:59:071 (4) - move it to x:136 y:328 The same goes for here.
    00:59:161 (5) - move it to x:176 y:296 seems he moved it slightly to keep the aesthetic consistent with the other stack

Good Luck ;)
Again, sorry for the confusion this caused, but hopefully things are okay. If there's further questions, please let me know
Xinnoh
Somehow your CtB diff got through with only two really small mods from CtB players that I can see in this thread. While I know you are confident in your mapping, no map is perfect (where did I say that before?). You should have had at least one good CtB modder look at it before it was ranked. If other people did look at this set then it should have been mentioned somewhere.
There was a couple things that really stood out to me that I would like addressed. I'd appreciate it if you would properly look over them.

Rain
00:30:246 (3,4) - This could almost be called an edge dash, but there is no change in anything at all in the song. The lyrics are slowly decreasing and has no real change until the slider end, so you could potentially make the distance snaps smaller as they go on in this bar, but a sudden increase makes no sense. You could give it a similar angle to the last two sliders to fix this, or something else you could do. It's unplayable unless you've memorised it's there.

00:37:294 (2) - Same thing as above, while it's more justifiable because of the "drop", it's still too far to be have any flow.
Those two points above are the main reason why I feel it needs a DQ

00:39:463 (5) - Putting the circle on this side has some really weird flow, and there's no real change in the music to have antiflow like that. It's difficult to read because there's no way to predict it.
An example of that circle flow being used correctly was 01:17:076 (7) - While I didn't like the last one, this one is fine because you established the right left pattern with 01:16:172 (2) - just before.

00:40:728 (4,1) - This hyperdash is insanely far compared to everything prior to chorus. While the singer does go a little bit lower, it's nowhere near enough to make this reasonable.

00:59:704 (1) - There aren't any non-hyperdash jumps in the kiai sections that are close to being this far apart. Move it closer or make it a hyperdash.

01:14:342 (1) - If you're following the hitsound patterns of the other diff, then this needs to be soft. Sounds weird when half of the same bar is soft and half is not.

Not worth a DQ on its own, but I'll mention that 00:21:210 (2) - might be too far by a couple pixels. That and the Final spinner is missing the whistle that is used on Hard/Insane/Conspiracy

I would ask that another good CtB modder takes a look at this if it does get a DQ, since I know that the BN/QA team is better at this than I am.
Ascendance

Sinnoh wrote:

Somehow your CtB diff got through with only two really small mods from CtB players that I can see in this thread. While I know you are confident in your mapping, no map is perfect (where did I say that before?). You should have had at least one good CtB modder look at it before it was ranked. If other people did look at this set then it should have been mentioned somewhere.
There was a couple things that really stood out to me that I would like addressed. I'd appreciate it if you would properly look over them.

Rain
00:30:246 (3,4) - This could almost be called an edge dash, but there is no change in anything at all in the song. The lyrics are slowly decreasing and has no real change until the slider end, so you could potentially make the distance snaps smaller as they go on in this bar, but a sudden increase makes no sense. You could give it a similar angle to the last two sliders to fix this, or something else you could do. It's unplayable unless you've memorised it's there. While the distance is admittedly a bit bigger, I don't think this warrants a DQ, as even if I was to change it, the distance would only drop one or two grids.

00:37:294 (2) - Same thing as above, while it's more justifiable because of the "drop", it's still too far to be have any flow. It flows fine though? It's coming out of a full circular-flow slider with the intention for the player to make the dash to the next note. Again, the distance is a bit far, but it's justified. If I was to change the distance, it wouldn't be much different than it is now.
Those two points above are the main reason why I feel it needs a DQ

00:39:463 (5) - Putting the circle on this side has some really weird flow, and there's no real change in the music to have antiflow like that. It's difficult to read because there's no way to predict it.
An example of that circle flow being used correctly was 01:17:076 (7) - While I didn't like the last one, this one is fine because you established the right left pattern with 01:16:172 (2) - just before. This is probably the only thing I'd change if there was a DQ. When I was playing around with it, it didn't seem so bad, but I wouldn't mind changing it. Though, still a minor adjustment that I don't think 100% warrants it. If the map gets DQ'd though, I'll fix it.

00:40:728 (4,1) - This hyperdash is insanely far compared to everything prior to chorus. While the singer does go a little bit lower, it's nowhere near enough to make this reasonable. Err the distance isn't that far from the lead-in to the kiai so I don't see a serious issue.

00:59:704 (1) - There aren't any non-hyperdash jumps in the kiai sections that are close to being this far apart. Move it closer or make it a hyperdash. What? This is just a normal jump.

01:14:342 (1) - If you're following the hitsound patterns of the other diff, then this needs to be soft. Sounds weird when half of the same bar is soft and half is not. I didn't do anything with hitsounds so it's not up to me.

Not worth a DQ on its own, but I'll mention that 00:21:210 (2) - might be too far by a couple pixels. That and the Final spinner is missing the whistle that is used on Hard/Insane/Conspiracy The slider is perfectly catchable due to 1's tilt :( Hitsounds aren't me though

I would ask that another good CtB modder takes a look at this if it does get a DQ, since I know that the BN/QA team is better at this than I am.
Thanks for taking a look, though, directly insulting the ability of other modders isn't exactly the most polite thing to do :(
JBHyperion
Let's take a look.
  1. 00:30:246 (3,4) - Hdash triggers at x-399, only seven pixels away, so yes, this could easily be considered an edge dash, and an unexpected one at that. Even just previously at 00:29:342 (1,2) - you used half the spacing for the same drum sound.
  2. Although the spacing at 00:37:294 (2) is not approaching an edge dash, the issue for me here is again how unexpected it is. The fact that (1) before it follows a nice curve actually exacerbates this problem, because one would expect a smooth movement for the weak-ish vocal sound on a red tick. Compare to 00:38:740 (3,4) - 00:40:186 (3,4) - which are walkable for significantly stronger vocal sounds for example.
Regarding the other comments:
  1. 00:39:101 (4,5) - I don't find this flow particularly odd since the movement is so slight. It's quite interesting and for players at this level shouldn't pose a reading challenge.
  2. 00:40:728 (4,1) - 00:59:704 (1) - 00:20:668 (1,2) - could feel a little uncomfortable without prior knowledge of the spacing, though not as crucial as the above - I would prefer if these were dropped a little, but I leave the final decision to you.
  3. 01:14:342 (1) - Change to soft does sound a little odd so you could make this consistent, though personally I would just opt for all Normal here, removing the clap from 01:15:065
Some additional stuff you may want to consider:
  1. 00:48:318 (1,2,3) - Potentially a bit tricky due to significant difference in hyper strength, and also strangely, the stronger sound (3) is the weaker of the two. May want to consider rebalancing these for better flow leading into the kiai
  2. 01:22:678 (7,1) - Why hyper to the weak red tick sound and not one of the strong drum sounds such as 01:23:039 (2) - ? Plays quite strangely, moving (1) to the left for hyper between 01:22:859 (1,2) would work better, and don't forget to switch NC to the downbeat if you change this, for consistency with other NC patterns.
  3. 01:15:811 - 01:21:594 - 80% volume sounds a bit overpowering to me, I'd opt for the same volume as was used in the previous kiai, and as in the Std diffs.
I have no particular issue with the low number of mods - it's a clean map save for the points mentioned. At the very least, please consider the first two points mentioned before requalification. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Ascendance

JBHyperion wrote:

Let's take a look.
  1. 00:30:246 (3,4) - Hdash triggers at x-399, only seven pixels away, so yes, this could easily be considered an edge dash, and an unexpected one at that. Even just previously at 00:29:342 (1,2) - you used half the spacing for the same drum sound. changed the distance to something more comfortable
  2. Although the spacing at 00:37:294 (2) is not approaching an edge dash, the issue for me here is again how unexpected it is. The fact that (1) before it follows a nice curve actually exacerbates this problem, because one would expect a smooth movement for the weak-ish vocal sound on a red tick. Compare to 00:38:740 (3,4) - 00:40:186 (3,4) - which are walkable for significantly stronger vocal sounds for example. Dropped the distance a bit, rearranged stuff to keep the hdash
Regarding the other comments:
  1. 00:39:101 (4,5) - I don't find this flow particularly odd since the movement is so slight. It's quite interesting and for players at this level shouldn't pose a reading challenge. That being said, I did adjust 00:39:463 (5) - so it wasn't so ugly anymore
  2. 00:40:728 (4,1) - 00:59:704 (1) - 00:20:668 (1,2) - could feel a little uncomfortable without prior knowledge of the spacing, though not as crucial as the above - I would prefer if these were dropped a little, but I leave the final decision to you. The first one was adjusted, the others were left as they were.
  3. 01:14:342 (1) - Change to soft does sound a little odd so you could make this consistent, though personally I would just opt for all Normal here, removing the clap from 01:15:065 Leaving it to foxy
Some additional stuff you may want to consider:
  1. 00:48:318 (1,2,3) - Potentially a bit tricky due to significant difference in hyper strength, and also strangely, the stronger sound (3) is the weaker of the two. May want to consider rebalancing these for better flow leading into the kiai Done
  2. 01:22:678 (7,1) - Why hyper to the weak red tick sound and not one of the strong drum sounds such as 01:23:039 (2) - ? Plays quite strangely, moving (1) to the left for hyper between 01:22:859 (1,2) would work better, and don't forget to switch NC to the downbeat if you change this, for consistency with other NC patterns. I'm retarded
  3. 01:15:811 - 01:21:594 - 80% volume sounds a bit overpowering to me, I'd opt for the same volume as was used in the previous kiai, and as in the Std diffs. Foxy
I have no particular issue with the low number of mods - it's a clean map save for the points mentioned. At the very least, please consider the first two points mentioned before requalification. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Topic Starter
Foxy Grandpa

Sinnoh wrote:

Rain

01:14:342 (1) - If you're following the hitsound patterns of the other diff, then this needs to be soft. Sounds weird when half of the same bar is soft and half is not. It's like this on every other difficulty.

That and the Final spinner is missing the whistle that is used on Hard/Insane/Conspiracy Added
thanks!
JBHyperion
Catch diff is looking better now so that's cool - I also did a quick sweep over the Std diffs, an unnecessary green line in KKip's Hard was removed but otherwise it's all good. Here's your bubble back, good luck!

Bubbled~
Topic Starter
Foxy Grandpa
\o/
defiance
DAB
Ultima Fox

osuskrub wrote:

DAB
Cloudchaser
I love this anime
Caw