forum

If osu! was to get an ESRB rating, what would it be?

posted
Total Posts

I think osu! would get a...

EC (Early Childhood)
1.37%
E (Everyone)
25.41%
E10 (Everyone 10+)
24.04%
T (Teen)
35.52%
MA (Mature)
5.46%
AO (Adults Only)
8.20%
Total votes: 366
show more
Vext_old
Obviously E as everyone should know playing any game with online content. "Online interactions are not rated by the ESRB"
Kitsunemimi

Vext wrote:

Obviously E as everyone should know playing any game with online content. "Online interactions are not rated by the ESRB"
Screw that, there would be nothing to rate if we don't have online interactions. T mostly, maybe M for a few.
silmarilen
the forums would be MA
Shohei Ohtani
This game is most likely to be M, just because of language and the massive amount of camels in the game.

But if that's all censored and stuff, then it'll be Teen.
jjrocks
I'd love to say E since it's the "correct" rating but osu is integrated so well with online that it's hard to ignore it....well then again...hm......eh I'll just give it an E
mekadon_old

Vext wrote:

This
IceCubesMan
I'd definitely say it would get a Mature rating.
Clicking circles is a little too EXTREME for general audiences, after all.
I'm sure the spinners would give children nightmares.
Zhanger_old
the game's concept is definitely rated E, at the very least. However, since the majority of the game is "online interactions", that may need additional evaluation x;
Corin

IceCubesMan wrote:

Not to meantion the god awful sliders... and... and...
/me cringes
THE STREAMS
Crimmi
I'd give it a T for Teen for Mild Lyrics.
SilentKiller
I voted T for teen since most of the people in chat are just complete idiots and small children shouldnt pick up on half of what they say.
Void

Corin wrote:

IceCubesMan wrote:

Not to meantion the god awful sliders... and... and...
/me cringes
THE STREAMS
... This really is a good point. Deathstreams and deathspinners.

I don't think death is a light subject at all.
Jarby
I'm glad none of you work for the rating board.
LaCreme
There are god damn hentai OPs here
THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN
Vish024
"Warning: Game experience may change online"
Aoitenshi

LaVolpe024 wrote:

"Warning: Game experience may change online"
Corin

Jarby wrote:

I'm glad none of you work for the rating board.
Love you too jarby :3
0ouobatchy
Since the ESRB doesn't rate online stuff and the only song that's bundled with the game is the tutorial it would be E.
Anzo
TEENs because of this...
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/11947

I think there are more maps like that... but not too much...
ddrXero64
E10.

It is E when downloaded, but in a large sense it's close minded to think that it would stay that way. A majority of songs would fall under E10, giving the notion that this game is aimed towards more mature players, and that the songs are for a generally older audience. Dance Dance Revolution X2 is different from Dance Dance Revolution Disney Grooves, which is rated E while Dance Dance Revolution X2 is rated E10. This isn't exactly the same situation because of course it brings practically all the songs (minus downloadable content). It's stupid to think someone would download osu! just to play Peter's tutorial though.

It is also an online based game, so an ESRB rating wouldn't work too well. If the game was sold in an arcade machine or console game (even PC, sold in stores though) it would be different, and it would most likely have songs on it.

In a general sense, you need songs to play osu!. Most would fall under E10, and using a song filter by rating of language used would eliminate the need for the T or M rating.
ZeroEightOne
Adult Only Everyone because there isn't have any violence.
FisHie_old
-Athena-
thinks should be E10,
*plays to-love-ru opening*,
*switches to ecchi skin*,
what the heck AO it is
ampzz
Australia would never (legally and not imported) see this game since this country is hopelessly gay in regards to game ratings.
Haseo_old
Teen, due to some songs. We even have a Ecchi Skin.
CapnDavid
Hard to decide, there are songs that contains foul language and few stuff that is sort of inappropriate.
awp
itt: nobody reads this thread
Winshley

awp wrote:

nobody reads this thread
Oh yes. I do. :P

Voted for "Everyone 10+". Would be "Teen" if online interaction and experience are included.
InfernoWonderland
E!! :3 so everyone could play it
EasyModeDX
Well there are some maps with partial nudity, and pantsu XF... Not to mention some users avatars... So... yeah, normally these games aren't age restricted, but due to some mature content available in osu!, I can't decide XD
maal
AO because i'm here
mjleetech
Unless there's a way to control the content downloaded onto the game [songs, skins, etc.], it would remain on T rating at best. Age verification is quite easy to bypass unless we start using Social Security numbers.
DerekMcD
That could be MA because Eroge games in it...
Copter-kun

ampzz wrote:

Australia would never (legally and not imported) see this game since this country is hopelessly gay in regards to game ratings.
/Sigh
Yea. Looking at the maps in general, it will never be here.