forum

What was the worst anime you've ever seen?

posted
Total Posts
show more
adam2046

ziin wrote:

it did everything right: ridiculously over the top.
Except for its budget.
And characterisation.
maay
lucky star, i really wonder how it got this popular
Kokizi
K-on!

overhyped
Zhanger_old
ladies vs butlers
Konaruhi

Zhanger wrote:

ladies vs butlers
Same =="/
damayaji
PainSinger
School Days
Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne
Yosuga no Sora
Girls Bravo
and that's it I guess, nothing else comes to mind
Firo Prochainezo
Yosuga no Sora
Good for you. o/
ztrot
Popotan
Verdisphena

Tenshi-nyan wrote:

I hate 90% of all Shounen anime. That includes shows like:

-Naruto
-Bleach
-One Piece
-Gintama
\:D/
Nazeko

TKiller wrote:

Aoi Hana,
dat shoujo ai..

•Full moon wo sagashite.
Horibble plot sequence.
•Gintama
*facepalm*
•Naruto
it came out from no where and now liked by everyone else. that much seasons.. the art wasn't maintained.
I mean. look. because of producing an episode with speed, the art was downgraded to 3rd-grade "cartoons". =~=

PainSinger wrote:

Yosuga no Sora
Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne
[as for YnS] The art was cool, and animation is \m/.. [Oniichan] (opposite. good lawd.)
but the story. Forget it.
H+Incest is a total "UGGNOTHANKYOU"
Kokizi

[Nazeko-chi] wrote:

•Naruto
it came out from no where and now liked by everyone else. that much seasons.. the art wasn't maintained.
I mean. look. because of producing an episode with speed, the art was downgraded to 3rd-grade "cartoons". =~=

Yosuga no Sora
Naruto started as a pretty good, if not great anime, it's just a disappointment to see it suffer from unrelated and dragging storylines.

Yosuga no Sora anime was bullshit. The VN was far better :<
MDuh

BakaloidSky wrote:

[Nazeko-chi] wrote:

•Naruto

Yosuga no Sora
Naruto started as a pretty good, if not great anime, it's just a disappointment to see it suffer from unrelated and dragging storylines.

Yosuga no Sora anime was bullshit. The VN was far better :<
ne loid, speaking of VN's does YnS has a complete translation?
I searched and It has an incomplete translation..
Daru

ziin wrote:

Daru wrote:

Fanservice has the ability to ruin a show.
A show completely about fanservice flatlines from the beginning.
Fanservice animes are like vague genre movies. You don't watch them if you aren't going to like them. Personally, I laughed my ass off in HSotD, mostly due to the outrageous fanservice. I can't find it, but someone used the bullet's speed to discover the speed of Saeko's boobs in the matrix boob scene (I think it's well over the speed of sound). It's likely disgusting to many people, but don't watch it if you don't like it.

It was a stupid show, with a stupid premise, but at least it did everything right: ridiculously over the top.

I will agree though, some fanservice just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. A show completely about fanservice, however, is usually hilarious to me, and worth watching, just for the silliness.
Well, everything I say is just my opinion.
I think fanservice ruins stuff. It exists and persists, so there must be some fanbase for it, but what bothers me is when shows that could be totally badass or awesome without it is ruined with it. I obviously don't watch stuff like KissxSis, but shows like HotD would be awesome for me, sans fanservice.
ziin

Daru wrote:

Well, everything I say is just my opinion.
I think fanservice ruins stuff. It exists and persists, so there must be some fanbase for it, but what bothers me is when shows that could be totally badass or awesome without it is ruined with it. I obviously don't watch stuff like KissxSis, but shows like HotD would be awesome for me, sans fanservice.
On second thought, I agree with you 50%. I would have enjoyed HotD with or without fanservice. I remember making the error of applying logic to TV shows while watching it: there is no way those women would survive in that world due to severe back problems from abnormally large breasts. I remember being disgusted by the size of the teacher's breasts.
Daru
Heh, I catch myself doing that all the time.

I remember spending a good amount of time figuring out the required current and potential difference across Misaka's fingers to propel a coin to the speed of a bullet, assuming she actually fires it the way railguns do.

We also played around with coilgun-style acceleration via magnetic fields using the length of the human fingers and a few ideal-scenario assumptions.

... So yeah, me and some friends got nerd-sniped by Railgun.
Faust

ztrot wrote:

Popotan
Holy shit. You know.
TKiller

Faust wrote:

ztrot wrote:

Popotan
Holy shit. You know.
A lot of people I know seem to not like that show and I have no idea why. I enjoyed watching it pretty much.
Indra-no-oujisama
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora

really..............
dunno.
TKiller

Indra-no-oujisama wrote:

really..............
dunno.
we wouldn't get along
Indra-no-oujisama

TKiller wrote:

Indra-no-oujisama wrote:

really..............
dunno.
we wouldn't get along

honestly there is no anime that i seen is "worst"
cause im a little picky one :o

but HanbunTsuki is one of anime that i... really dont know how to rate it..... :roll:
Hark
popotan (nothing happens, shit story)

nagasarete airantou (nothing happens, shit story)

rosario+vampire (ONLY fanservice happens, main character has no personality, shit story)

shuffle (shit story, bogus characters (except kaede), main character is a stupid douche)

ergo proxy (what is this i don't even. couldn't understand anything that happened without careful rewatching and revision. crap story/characters anyway)

zero no tsukaima (FUCK I HATE LOUISE GODDAMIT SHE KILLED THE ANIME)

toradora (taiga is a fucking retard. minori is better)

school days (makoto. is. a. DICK. seriously, i almost died watching him fuck up everyone's lives, and i actually laughed when he had his ass handed to him by sekai (who is the best character imo) in the end. worst anime ever. very unsatisfying. i had to wash the taste of it out of my brain with ga-rei: zero)

terrible, the lot of them. there's probably some more, but these are the ones that have left lasting scars on my brain
TKiller

Hark wrote:

popotan (nothing happens, shit story)

nagasarete airantou (nothing happens, shit story)

rosario+vampire (ONLY fanservice happens, main character has no personality, shit story)

shuffle (shit story, bogus characters (except kaede), main character is a stupid douche)

ergo proxy (what is this i don't even. couldn't understand anything that happened without careful rewatching and revision. crap story/characters anyway)

zero no tsukaima (FUCK I HATE LOUISE GODDAMIT SHE KILLED THE ANIME)

toradora (taiga is a fucking retard. minori is better)

school days (makoto. is. a. DICK. seriously, i almost died watching him fuck up everyone's lives, and i actually laughed when he had his ass handed to him by sekai (who is the best character imo) in the end. worst anime ever. very unsatisfying. i had to wash the taste of it out of my brain with ga-rei: zero)

terrible, the lot of them. there's probably some more, but these are the ones that have left lasting scars on my brain
I have a strong feeling that we're very similiar, yet so different.
awp
Love Hina was pretty bad. I'd forgotten that I'd even watched Elfen Leid, so I guess that one was pretty bad, too.

I'd also say the second half of Gurren Lagann was pointless fanning about and taking the piss out of itself and its archetype of anime in general, and DBZ is a long-winded, disappointing successor to Dragon Ball, which was much better paced. But I don't consider DBZ the worst, or even bad - not for its merits as a TV show, but for what it has created
Cyclohexane
I was gonna say Love Hina and there goes awp ninja-ing me, oh well.

I tried and watch I think 3 times without dropping it, I just couldn't. It just bored the crap out of me.
Actually I think I fell asleep once while watching it
Fight69
Akane Maniax.
TKiller

awp wrote:

Love Hina was pretty bad. I'd forgotten that I'd even watched Elfen Leid, so I guess that one was pretty bad, too.

I'd also say the second half of Gurren Lagann was pointless fanning about and taking the piss out of itself and its archetype of anime in general, and DBZ is a long-winded, disappointing successor to Dragon Ball, which was much better paced. But I don't consider DBZ the worst, or even bad - not for its merits as a TV show, but for what it has created
you managed to wath Love Hina to the end?

that's some nice patience you have
awp
No but I saw like 3 or 4 episodes, at least. I might have even made it to 6 or 7. It was a while back, I don't really remember...just remember it being uninteresting.
Mogsy

TKiller wrote:

awp wrote:

you managed to wath Love Hina to the end?

that's some nice patience you have
Love Hina was one of the first shows I watched all the way through when I was a young teen. I then was forced into a marathon of it last year.

Never again. Fucking haremshit.
pintapau

Mogsworth wrote:

Love Hina was one of the first shows I watched all the way through when I was a young teen. I then was forced into a marathon of it last year.

Never again. Fucking haremshit.

Actually sat through that with a friend who loved it. Never watching it again ever.

Also I learned a valuable lesson in don't annoy the yaoi fangirls or they WILL put ---- on your laptop when you accidentally leave it unlocked. DON'T WATCH IT - EVER.
Firo Prochainezo
Interesting. I'll watch it when I can.
Faust

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

Interesting. I'll watch it when I can.
: l
Hark

TKiller wrote:

I have a strong feeling that we're very similiar, yet so different.
ok, maybe that was a BIT aggressive, i don't normally go off at things like that XD
mekadon_old
Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, and shonen anime unmentioned

Well the episodes are way too much, and the plot gets confusing on each episode. The whole 300+ fucking episodes are just about fights.

School Days.

Most retarded fuckingshit ever. Makoto gets every girl and impregnate all of them as if they were his bitches. Then VN is also shit as well.

Haruhi, K-ON, Lucky Star

Too overhyped. Except for kyon ;w;
I'm not that sure about Lucky Star, but the jokes are mostly understandable by Japanese and not me.

Maybe also Popotan, Cardcaptor Sakura, Tokyo Mewmew, and some lolishit as well. Sletjes.
Anzo
COLORFUL...

tired until episode 5...
TKiller

anzo-nii wrote:

COLORFUL...

tired until episode 5...
you just weren't drunk enough
dNextGen
shakugan no shana,anything that related to mahou shoujo thingy except madoka
DerekMcD
Dokuro-chan and I still can't believe the 2 episodes of the 2nd series are cliffhangers...
Vext_old
Throwing in bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo.
Suimya
lucky star
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
D: i hate those
show more