forum

[duplicate] [invalid] Offline Replay system that allows perma ranking.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Faunsce
. So how would you feel if peppy released a program that when run became your PC's Super admin and recorded loads of data by tracking everything so that you can get offline plays that are checked to be hack free for those who dont have internet. The programs would track processes, services, .exe's, and other things required to allow a proper form of offline anti-cheat. It even checked your replays and made sure 0 modifications happened to them and that you cant touch the program. Like you basically allowed it to be higher than you so that it can be locked away.

(only scummiest 0.00000001% would actually spend months finding a work around that needed to be redone everytime and only worked one at a time).

{This would allow offline plays to finally be recorded as your global and ranked top plays that counted towards ranked because spending 6 hours on a map then getting cucced sucks to then have to do it all over again. EDIT}
Shurelia
There's no such thing that are "Non-hackable" in the online games.
A feature like this will be more likely to be abused by people for sure.
Bara-
Just play online
The 0.000001% is still more than 0%, so there will still be a chance of certain scores being hacked
Jukkii
with a system like this, a person can play offline on a computer, and then the score could be submitted to another players profile.
Stefan
Don't play offline.

If you have no internet, get internet. Problem solved.
Bara-

-Jukke- wrote:

with a system like this, a person can play offline on a computer, and then the score could be submitted to another players profile.
I have never even thought about this. This will likely be a bigger problem than the hackers
-NekoNya
Online, the better... Well i also kinda like being able to upload scores when there's no internet at my place... But i'd rather get internet than some non-hardworking osu players hacking this game.... That's pretty unfair. :?
Topic Starter
Faunsce
o.o This may have been a bad idea also stefan ur so rood not everyone has internet you meanie. But still thank you all for informing me on why this is a bad idea.
Nathanael

peppy wrote:

encryption/security is not a problem at all. the problem is that i wish for osu! to remain an online game, and don't want to move away from this idea.
Thread: osu! offline/online synchronization [Denied] [invalid]
Quote Link: p/1398809