forum

Hello everyone! osu! ftw

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ProxyPanda
Hello,

I just wanted to say that this game is amazing. I found it less than 24 h ago and osu! completely ruined my night (in a good way!);
I stayed up until 8 am and played loads as well as downloading like 300 songs (I got used to the "you are downloading
too much, lay off for a bit"-screen :D) including beat packs.

Of course, my profile doesn't have many games registered, but that's because I played as a guest. Should have played as registered
though as I even managed to SS Pinball somehow :/.

Found it through a Starcraft 2 streamer and this game is not just sooooo fun, it also improves the mouse precision which
will help me loads since I play sc2 as well. It was therefore no question about supporting the community, otherwise I would have felt
really bad.

Looking forward to playing online with you guys.

Best regards,
ProxyPanda
OzzyOzrock
Oh my. 300 maps, an SS, and supporting already.

I see a bright future. Welcome!
Rantai
That is quite impressive!

Welcome and enjoy your stay here :D
Topic Starter
ProxyPanda

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Oh my. 300 maps, an SS, and supporting already.

I see a bright future. Welcome!
Thank you very much, I am sure that osu! will ruin my education completely though. ^^

Rantai wrote:

That is quite impressive!

Welcome and enjoy your stay here :D
Well thank you, maybe I am a fast learner (but a bad peaker lol, dunno if there is a good expression for it but you know what I mean), since it was on easy and when I am trying something above normal I have to use my whole tool box of anger management not to completely explode and throw the laptop out the window (37 retries and counting... someone? lol).

I mean, is it really possible to beat (without missing on top of that!) these maps when there are beats like all over the place and sliders (or what you call them) going into each other an infinite amount of times as well as the off beat beats and so on. I saw some of the top replays and just became flabbergasted. Are these people for real (I know they are but it's hard to believe in the accuracy and speed demonstrated)?
IppE
Welcome aboard.
Fabi
Hi!
RhaiizoN
hi there ^^
Void
I mean, is it really possible to beat (without missing on top of that!) these maps when there are beats like all over the place and sliders (or what you call them) going into each other an infinite amount of times as well as the off beat beats and so on. I saw some of the top replays and just became flabbergasted. Are these people for real (I know they are but it's hard to believe in the accuracy and speed demonstrated)?
Oh you'd be more than flabbergasted. Like everyone else said, welcome to osu! Literally.
Luna
If you keep trying, you'll easily beat Insane maps faster that you'd imagine ;D
Oh, and welcome of course ^.^
Ramellu
Yay! Welcome! :3
Kitsunemimi

ProxyPanda wrote:

Chances are, you haven't seen any of the really hard stuff yet~

Usually, rhythm games are pretty hard to get used to, and the Insane stuff will seem utterly impossible at first (it's still pretty insane though). As you begin playing more, you'll start to see that they are indeed possible, just really fast. I hope you get good quickly and have fun here at osu!!
Hernan
Welcome! Take a look a this, it helps a lot in my opinion. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17631&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Topic Starter
ProxyPanda
Thank you all for your warm welcome and the support.

Also, the link you gave Hernancit0 was really helpful. It feels like z/x (well for me x/c since
I otherwise almost have some of my fingers on the outside of my laptop) is easier for timing
purposes (I have a piano background though so might be a bit biased), but since I really want
to train my mouse precision I will probably go with the mouse buttons even though I have noticed
that I do better with x/c.

Hopefully I will be able to play more in a couple of days. For now I am drowned in work.

Cheers
Corin
Welcome to osu!
Where men with good reactions are jesus reincarnates and men who troll, get burned :D

No seroiusly your doing a good job so far, keep up the good work :D
Noboty
Welcome, Osu! prodigy.
Polymelia
Welcome. :3 May more success come you way.
mvrrko
My god, reading this gets me kind of... emotional.
Seeing what are essentially the first few people to play this game.
I hope you all enjoyed it :)