forum

2016 Fall 100-200k Han Solo Tournament(REGISTRATION DONE)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Han106
If you're signed up on the osu! forum but not on discord you weren't signed up go on it to sign up https://discord.gg/SDk8U6g http://challonge.com/FHST1/ this is player list this is who is playing

Intro
SPOILER
Registration will end on October 8th.
The Tournament will start on October 10th and will end around December 4th at the latest I hope to end things 2 weeks earlier around November 22nd before Thanksgiving for the North Americans. But this tournament is planned for 7 weeks(see tournament structure below)
Signing up

SPOILER
1.Write your name and rank in the forum and times you can play in the day in the discord in UTC (i.e I can do 6pm-1am and 3-4am on weekdays 3-5am in the weekend) the discord server---->https://discord.gg/SDk8U6g
2.Create a challonge account and write it on the discord server.
3.We want to make sure you are communicative during the whole process so I’m going to make strawpolls 3 days before registration deadline. There will be 1 per day and if you answer 2 of 3 strawpolls you are in and the 2 days before the competition. This is to make sure that you are active and won’t afk when the games finally begin :). When I see that you are active I will put your name during the challonge website on October 8th and you have 48 hours to check in to the competition with your challonge account(step 2) before I lock in the groups on October 10th and after I will realize the mappools. I will check for inactivity during the tournament as well. If you don't have any matches scheduled on the spreadsheet(in Match Structure) in 5 days after mappools are realized I will ask you what’s up and if you don't reply within 48 hours I will remove you from the tournament
Mappool

SPOILER
1.After considering some of the matches that are happening from the Summer tournament I have decided to expand the maps in the mappool from 12 maps to 15 maps and will have an extra map category Free mod! On free mod you can choose HD, HR and/or FL. Not forced on a mod can pick more than 1 Mod. So there will be 3 No Mod, 3 Hidden, 3 Hard Rock, 3 Free Mod, 2 Double Time, and 1 TB(also free mod). The mappool will look like this. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
2.The mappools will come out on October 10th, October 17th, October 31th and November 14th(each mappool for a different stage)
3.During the fall tournament I realize some people didn't like how easy some of the maps were in group stage and I'm here to fix that with a wider range of stars in the mappool.
4.Mappool 1: 3-3.5
5.Mappool 2: 3.25-3.75
6.Mappool(jump for knockout stage)3:3.75-4.25
7.Mappool 4: 4-4.5
8.This still might be too easy for some people well if a 200k can beat you on an easy map you don't deserve to go on the harder stages(the 200k was)
Tournament structure

SPOILER
This is the way I plan the tournament will run plan to run on(We are flexible) week:
1.Random group stage(Mappool 1)Bo7 matches
2.Seeded group stage(seeds based on 1) (Mappool 2) Bo7
3.Extra time for you to finish all your matches from 1 and 2 DEADLINE FOR BOTh
4.Ro16-Ro4/Ro32-Ro4(Mappool 3) Bo9
5.Extra time to do all the matches with part of week 6 if we start with 32 DEADLINE TO FINISH ALL MATCHES
6.Top 4 all streamed on one day(Mappool 4)Bo11
We will be flexible with the schedule and will extend the deadlines if needed for a good reason
2 things to note
1.Group stages are round robin groups of 4 although you have 3 weeks to finish the 1st group stage I would recommend finishing the groups in the 1st week so you can get a good seed in the 2nd group stage(I will be prioritizing matches played than w-l percentage
2.Week 4 and on is the knockout stages which are double elimination which means you get 2 chances.
With this structure you will get at least 24 games in 6 matches and in the knockout stages 34 games in 8 matches. Which is a lot of tournament experience. :D
Match Structure
SPOILER
Once you get your groups schedule your matches right away and then let us know the time of the map in #matchtimes on Discord and we will put it on the spreadsheet like this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing. I will be watching all the groups making sure you guys got it because I want to make sure everyone will have the most tournament experience as possible which is a lot of fun.
This is match procedure.(If we don't get enough refs see staff)
1.You and your opponent join a private lobby
2.You both would roll and the highest roll will get pick of 1st/2nd to pick or 1st/2nd to ban.
3.You both would will decide either to get 1 warmup map or go straight to bans with no warmup
4.You will ban 1 map each the order depending on how the roll phase went
5.Then each pick depending on how the roll phase went until there is a winner
There are 3 settings that each match should have
1.The free mod settings should stay turned off unless it's a free mod map
2.The win condition setting should stay Score V1
3.The Team mode should be Team vs. This is for when 1 person fails the other person wins which doesn't happen in H2H
Miscellaneous (Some other important stuff)
SPOILER
1.I will check ranks on October 8th but after I check it and you're good I am imposing a 10k leeway on how how far you can go. So during the tournament don't go 89,999 or above or else you're going to be kicked out of the tournament.
2.If your opponent doesn't show at the scheduled time you have 15 minutes to wait and try to contact the person. If you get in touch with the person you have to wait until 25 minutes after the scheduled time. If your fails at any of the 2 things you are allowed to take a win
Staff
SPOILER
I want refs but if I don't get enough I use any refs I want at least 6 if not The players can run the matches themselves
Apply in the discord for refs
All I need other than refs 1 streamer for the week of November 21st to stream top 4
Let me introduce the admins
1.ME, I introduced myself up top
2.Mizki, he is a DT player and is really friendly he is awake during the time when I sleep so he’s my night owl
3.Saki, He has run other tournaments and is really experienced in running tournaments
These are the 3 people who you can report too we are all friendly :)
(NEW) Prizes
ALMOST $30 PRIZE POOL IN SUPPORTER
SPOILER
This tournament due to how many matches are being played and the length of the tournament are going to give you the top prizes :)
We are giving out 7 months of supporter to top 3
1st: 4 months supporter
2nd: 2 months supporter
3rd: 1 month supporter
Technically it's 96/48/24 points of osu! points but I condensed it to months.
BIG PRIZES
Any Questions go on the discord and put under #questions or put it under the forum :)
FreezingTooEasy
FreezingTooEasy 153k
MrWhisk3r
MrWhisk3r 184k
Misery
Han needs to update the staff. :D
Hi, AyameKajou7 here. Name change (bc supporter.)
EDIT: Done, thanks Han
LogicNo
LogicNo 121K
Haxwill
destroyerwilly 100002 8-) ill use flashlight on every map if you want to make things "fair"
NatsuZtw
NatsuZtw #148K
NLKKK
NLKKK #124K
Kasumi-sama
Kasumii-sama 186K

I can play 1 week out of 2 but hey i'll probably get out fast anyway
Paradoxum
ARC PGB 155k

(these tournaments are great btw, I entered the summer one and improved greatly preparing for the maps. I entered summer 199k and am now 155k mostly from practicing the maps for the tourney.)
CryoKinesis
Hi There,

What timezone is this tournament going by? It is unknown if I can participate or not without knowing the selected timezone.
Sinaeb
Sinaeb, #9830, or#197 955 if you prefer ^^. Btw discord signup is expired.
Misery

CryoKinesis wrote:

Hi There,

What timezone is this tournament going by? It is unknown if I can participate or not without knowing the selected timezone.
It's by weekends. You set and schedule your match depends on your opponent. Talk about it until two players agree on a certain time.
EDIT: It can be done by weekdays if both players agree! Just as Han said
Misery

Sinaeb wrote:

Sinaeb, #9830, or#197 955 if you prefer ^^. Btw discord signup is expired.
Han is working on it, thanks for letting us know!
EDIT: Fixed! Thanks Han
Topic Starter
Han106
You don't have to schedule it in the weekends you could do it in the weekdays. This tournament is really flexible we want you to do your matches so we give the freedom to schedule anyday and anytime of the week as long as it fits both oppenents. And discord link fixed
DiggyDogg
DiggyDogg #117264
Szafir
MrTigerr #164353

>Thx for invite, LogicNo + MrWhisk3r
ninguri
Microsoft Edge #129301

thanks for the invite MrWhisk3r :3c
Rope Bunny
toxichris2, #106, 207
FrostIce
FrostIce, #132k