forum

[Archived] Black screen after dragging beatmap to game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_Mii
Problem Details:
So a while ago, maybe a year ago, I was playing Osu! On my laptop when I tried to drag a beatmap to my game that I had already dragged in before (Though I forgot I had already dragged it into my game) Then my laptop just totally died. It wouldnt respond to anything I did at all and it would only show a blank screen. In the end my dad had to fix my laptop for me because I have no idea how to do that myself, resulting in my whole laptop being wiped. Then I ended up doing it again..haha...I was just wondering if this was a common problem. Or if it has something to do with my laptop struggling to handle Osu!

(Please tell me if you want info about my graphics card and stuff like that).

osu! version: 20151228.2
Veross
Set your game version to stable (fallback):

You can do it in the in game options

Or

- Hold shift while launching osu!
- change the release stream from stable (Latest) to --> stable (Fallback)

Hope this helps !
Topic Starter
_Mii
Thank you! lll give this a go :)
Pawsu
Your osu! version is very old... You should try to either reinstall (reinstalling is ideal for situations like this) but make sure you back up any important folders like your beatmaps and skins, or try to update via options.
Once you've done so, I think if you enable Compatiblity mode via options, that should fix it.
Topic Starter
_Mii
Oh thats cuz I undownloaded it from my laptop when this happened
Kao
Unfortunately, unless you update your osu!, we won't be able to help you.
You can PM a moderator in-game or here ucp.php?i=pm&folder=inbox if you want your thread to be moved back in Help.
You could make a new thread too instead if you want

Otherwise, you should seriously consider in updating your osu!
(IMO People with old versions shouldn't be helped until they update)