forum

PP system is broken

posted
Total Posts
show more
Fzero100
ur just bad lolxd 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :) :) :) :D ;) :( :) :oops: :cry: :cry: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
iderekmc

- Florenz - wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

you don't get pp because you didn't improve in a way that the system cares about.
Well it's a good start, but in practice what does it means? I see everyone playing the same maps that I played and getting a lot of PP. I think some 5 stars maps that I played in the past, now are breaking the algorith.
u said u never go below 96/97%

change that to 99% and u will see the peppy points xD
Fxjlk
Switch to mouse, its ez pp
Pituophis
Stop restarting every time you miss. Play through the whole song. If you get a miss, play again after you complete it.
TNT_mouse
rip
Hiro-Senpai
I just don't get it. You managed to get to 37k and you are surprised how the pp system actually works
Tha hell man
Railey2
accuracy and combo are what yields high rewards. Being able to pass harder maps does not.
Nadfee
If you really do care about your ranking and do want to climb, then from my honest opinion, I think you should stop thinking about how the PP system works in the first place. Accuracy is a really important thing, and who naturally does not like to see a score almost hitting 100%? What I want to say is that you should remove any connections between your skill and PP. If you do this, you should feel more at ease about where you stand and eventually go up as you will play relaxed rather than tryharding your brain for 3+ hours a day. You mentioned try harding a lot and not getting the reward you deserve, this is why you should relax more and decrease your effort (tryharding) so it matches your reward.

Also, I wont be the guy who says "Play more" but more like "Play effectively".
If you want to go up in ranks, its not only the amount of time you put into the game, but also being aware of your weaknesses (streams, jumps or acc, etc). I say that you can still keep doing no-mod maps. Just don't go way above your skill level and understand where you are at (but keep pushing yourself in slight increments).

I can honestly say that I can't read HR(AR10) well nor can I read above AR8.5+DT and I'm still sitting with no-mod because I enjoy the creators original work and the fact that I can full-combo those maps. If you are afraid that you cannot climb without DT or HDHR then you are wrong.

Good luck on climbing, you're still #36k and still have a long road to go. Don't forget to enjoy the game and don't let osu! be an everyday chore. Make sure you play songs you like and take breaks!

EDIT: Also, try to not retry maps. Get a big pack of songs you like and play one after another. Ignore the fact that you missed in a song and just play through it. Move on from that song and keep going on other songs. The next day you could give it another shot along with songs you know you could've FC'ed the day before and add more of your preferred songs. I find that this is more enjoyable and relaxing as opposed to retrying one map over and over again.
Tamako Lumisade
osu! is broken.
Topic Starter
- Florenz -

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

I just don't get it. You managed to get to 37k and you are surprised how the pp system actually works
Tha hell man
I want to see you in my position lol. I understand how the system works, but I think that has some bugs. Infact if you achieve some high PP maps (5.x stars maps created for farming PP), you'll never get PP from maps below 5 stars, that are more difficult then all I did previously and get me frustrated. Hope you'll never get stucked like me. Peace
Endaris
I aim to full comboing all maps and if i miss i restart.
Found your problem.
Don't restart when you miss. I know people like you that don't submit their scores when it's not FC or even SS but you should always play to the end and then quit the play right before. Otherwise the practice effect is near 0 because you never actually deal with hard parts, you only replay the easy part before them over and over again.
Hiro-Senpai
Stuck like u huh. Everybody that plays this game sooner or later will get to a point where it is hard to improve. I have such moments from time to time and i am sure other players do aswell. In this case what should you do is... play a lot. Play the maps that you are not able to full combo but still manage to pass with fairly high acc above 95. If you will practice maps 5.3+ above u will eventually get better. It can take a week, a month or maybe a couple of days.

If your mindset is good and you train properly no wall should be this frustrating.

And look at me, i actually slowed down a lot in my improvement. I didnt fc anything serious since 2/3 weeks ago. But it doesn't get me depressed and it doesn't keep me away from playing this game
-JaZe-
I'm trying to figure out which of these I find the funniest:

- Florenz - wrote:

PSS: I already read how PP system works in the Wiki, so don't link it :D
Which is why you're on the forum, saying "I want to understand why im blocked at rank 37k."

- Florenz - wrote:

If i play a 3.5/4 stars with HR+HD i don't get PP
and

- Florenz - wrote:

I know accuracy is important and i never go below 96/97 acc.

- Florenz - wrote:

I downloaded songs from player's leaderboard with a rank similar of mine but nothing, I can't play none of them because they're too hard
Therefore,
PP system is broken
Nice
N0thingSpecial
I'm stuck at 50k despite my rank says I'm 7k
Fxjlk
play more and enjoy game
Topic Starter
- Florenz -

-JaZe- wrote:

I'm trying to figure out which of these I find the funniest:

- Florenz - wrote:

PSS: I already read how PP system works in the Wiki, so don't link it :D
Which is why you're on the forum, saying "I want to understand why im blocked at rank 37k."

- Florenz - wrote:

If i play a 3.5/4 stars with HR+HD i don't get PP
and

- Florenz - wrote:

I know accuracy is important and i never go below 96/97 acc.

- Florenz - wrote:

I downloaded songs from player's leaderboard with a rank similar of mine but nothing, I can't play none of them because they're too hard
Therefore,
PP system is broken
Nice

I'm trying to find out the utility of your post but i can't. I just lost 1 minute of my life reading a pile of shit :D
NeXt4r_
well if there no pp weighted then it will be ok
-JaZe-

- Florenz - wrote:

I'm trying to find out the utility of your post but i can't. I just lost 1 minute of my life reading a pile of shit :D
Really? You don't think it's funny that you claim to understand how pp works, but contradict that in literally every single sentence in your post?

Maybe this is actually a serious post (though I still have my doubts), so I'll take the time to explain to you what you're probably misunderstanding:
1: You probably aren't getting pp for your HDHR plays because you believe that 96/97% is acceptable. It just isn't. From my experience, you have to get around 98/99% in HR to get pp. Obviously, it varies based on the song and your pp, but that's just a (rather low) benchmark.
2: If you can't play the songs from other players' leaderboards, then you simply aren't as good as they are. If you consistently can't play songs from similarly ranked players in mods that you play a lot, that most likely means that you are overrated by the system. That's nothing to be ashamed of, but it means that you will have a hard time gaining pp until your skill catches up to your rank again. I believe that's what is going on with you right now.
3: If you like, you can add Tillerino as a friend to use his pp calculating bot. It tells you how much pp you will get if you FC songs with a certain accuracy. You'll be able to see the effect of accuracy on pp gain and find songs that are worth farming.
noob1216

Endaris wrote:

I aim to full comboing all maps and if i miss i restart.
Found your problem.
Don't restart when you miss. I know people like you that don't submit their scores when it's not FC or even SS but you should always play to the end and then quit the play right before. Otherwise the practice effect is near 0 because you never actually deal with hard parts, you only replay the easy part before them over and over again.
yeah, but what if you went through the ranks so much that you wouldn't want to risk your rank going back up real hard just because of a single choke in a map that is on a difficulty where the PP system expects you to FC them?

that would make me nervous, sure enough.
NeXt4r_
well as i see this other people post
im now just gonna
say
ENJOY THE GAME
vsprite
play more
dri
Looking at your pp scores, you are pp farming too much. All your scores are similar pp, from top to bottom. If you are still playing relatively equal difficulty maps, you wouldn't gain much, if any, since all your maps are around the same difficulty.
Then again, this is coming from a 50k player.

Holy shit I have a higher pp score than you