forum

[invalid] % depending on difficulty

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Puru_old
-
Luna
Wouldn't really make sense, since star rating really doesn't say much about the actual difficulty. There are quite a few 5 star maps that are way easier than your average 4 1/2 star map while some other 5 star maps will totally destroy anyone who isn't Cookiezi.
That way, people that only play the easiest 5 stars would look like pros ("average accuracy on 5 stars is 98%, wow that's impressive!") while actually good players that only play crazy approval maps look way worse~
If the star system wasn't automated this might work (but even then there are different difficulty factors like jumps and streams that affect you accuracy in completely different ways) but right now I really don't see a reason to implement this. No support...
Xeno_old

_Void_ wrote:

Wouldn't really make sense, since star rating really doesn't say much about the actual difficulty. There are quite a few 5 star maps that are way easier than your average 4 1/2 star map while some other 5 star maps will totally destroy anyone who isn't Cookiezi.
That way, people that only play the easiest 5 stars would look like pros ("average accuracy on 5 stars is 98%, wow that's impressive!") while actually good players that only play crazy approval maps look way worse~
If the star system wasn't automated this might work (but even then there are different difficulty factors like jumps and streams that affect you accuracy in completely different ways) but right now I really don't see a reason to implement this. No support...
Although I like the idea, this pretty much sums it up.

Star rating is way to unreliable at the moment. I know a few 4.5 stars maps that's actually a lot harder then most 4.8 - pure 5 stars out there. I'll have to go look it up if you want song names, since my memory is horrible.
Topic Starter
Puru_old
-
Kitsunemimi
A long long time ago our user profiles used to store information for each type of hit (300, 100, 50, x) that we got. It even gave you your rank for accuracy. But it slowly died out, and something tells me peppy doesn't really want us to be so concerned with accuracy, so I'm not sure if this'll be implemented.
qlum
more than 50% of the ranked/approved maps is 5 stars and less than 5% is 1 star I have all ranked maps, most aproved maps and only a few unranked ones so I asume my the figures I made from my osu! folder are quite accurate
this would make it a little strange to do it this way.
I for example never play the easier maps the least I play is 3.5 stars but when I do that I use double time so this would give strange figures
Derekku
A nice idea, but I agree that I don't see it happening, especially not since the current star rating is inaccurate.
Kamure
That would be good but it would only help if the star system is more accurate and maybe if there are more stars.....