forum

I struggle to gain pp and get better accuracy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Availability
Hey! So I started playing osu! around 3 months ago, and the first 2 months, I'm going to say, I really did improve. Then, in August, same thing. But now, whenever I play maps that I got an S or A before, I miss several times and get even a C. Also, I got to around the 350pp mark but then REALLY struggled to get more pp, and have found that non of the maps I've played recently have given me more accuracy. I know, I shouldn't be worrying about pp and accuracy but improvement, but I always didn't struggle with 3 star maps and got very positive accuracy.
Anyone got any tips for coming back to my old play style and getting better accuracy? Thanks <3
Endaris
Play more.
Stay away from mods.
If you get a C when you got an S before you were probably plain lucky before anyway.
Topic Starter
Availability
Thanks! Will do. By the way, should I play maps on my level, or higher, lower maybe?
TheLonePiggy
tips for how to succeed
play nomod until you can fc 4 stars somewhat consistently
"good" accuracy is ATLEAST 95% i like 97 and above
play more
play maps that aren't too hard for you
play for fun
Endaris
If you get C or worse you shouldn't play it.
Sandy Hoey

ifisaysomyself wrote:

Thanks! Will do. By the way, should I play maps on my level, or higher, lower maybe?
Improvement is fastest when you challenge yourself. But that means that you have to be profficient at one level.
Topic Starter
Availability
I see.
Nabel_old_1

Endaris wrote:

If you get C or worse you shouldn't play it.
But spamming maps till you get a random C pass is fun :^)
edit: http://puu.sh/r4xzR/7bf138f8aa.jpg lel I tought u were an acc god endaris looks like I was wrong ^^
Endaris
That's a physical map, not a reading map. You know I'm bad at physical stuff. :x
7ambda

Endaris wrote:

That's a physical map, not a reading map. You know I'm bad at physical stuff. :x
Control is key.
KupcaH

TheLonePiggy wrote:

tips for how to succeed
play nomod until you can fc 4 stars somewhat consistently
"good" accuracy is ATLEAST 95% i like 97 and above
play more
play maps that aren't too hard for you
play for fun

Good accuracy is 99.
But acc doesn't matter. Right, Khelly?
Xyrus_old_1

ifisaysomyself wrote:

Play easy maps for fun, full length (at least 3 minutes long) maps at your level (that you have no problem passing) for consistency and higher star rated maps to push your physical limits. Don't mistake star rating for difficulty, if there is a map you find difficult at a lower star rating than you usually have trouble with, it can still be worth challenging yourself with it.

Avoid PP farming, playing for improvement is more satisfying...and leads to faster PP gains in the end 8-)
Zain Sugieres
If you get a C pass on a hard map like DT pensamento Gangsta or genryuu kaiko HW in max 5 tries it's not bad, it's bad if you tryhard a map 50 times per day to get a C pass.
Fxjlk
The more you play the more you have to play to get better
NeXt4r_
play more