forum

Kanade Hayami (CV. Yuuko Iida) - Hotel Moonside

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bara-
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on zaterdag 17 september 2016 at 13:59:04

Artist: Kanade Hayami (CV. Yuuko Iida)
Title: Hotel Moonside
Source: アイドルマスター シンデレラガールズ
Tags: THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA MASTER 034 速水奏 Taku Inoue
BPM: 129
Filesize: 8579kb
Play Time: 05:27
Difficulties Available:
  1. Galaxy's Darkness (4,76 stars, 577 notes)
Download: Kanade Hayami (CV. Yuuko Iida) - Hotel Moonside
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
SLIDERSSSSS
Galaxy's Darkness
_DT3

Bara- wrote:

SLIDERSSSSS
Aniviuh
New to modding so take everything with a grain of salt.
- GALAXY'S DARKNESS -
~Before starting~ Alright, OK, ~Playing~ WHAT IS HAPPENING
01:24:547 (1) - I don't know if it would hurt to have a spinner here. Try it maybe you'll like it.
01:30:129 (1,2,3,4) - I feel like playing these backwards would be pretty cool, like circle forward then circle backward.
02:46:407 (3,4,5) - I feel like spacing these out would be beneficial. I don't know when, when I played though it I couldn't read it that well until I replayed it twice. (Could be me just being bad.)
03:17:571 (1) - Spinner?
03:34:780 (1) - (Optional) Remove spinner and put notes here.
05:13:501 (1,1) - ^
GENDER BENDER
RANK WHEN
toybot
so many sliders
Topic Starter
Bara-

ViolentBoo wrote:

New to modding so take everything with a grain of salt.
- GALAXY'S DARKNESS -
~Before starting~ Alright, OK, ~Playing~ WHAT IS HAPPENING
01:24:547 (1) - I don't know if it would hurt to have a spinner here. Try it maybe you'll like it.
01:30:129 (1,2,3,4) - I feel like playing these backwards would be pretty cool, like circle forward then circle backward. I like the current setup more
02:46:407 (3,4,5) - I feel like spacing these out would be beneficial. I don't know when, when I played though it I couldn't read it that well until I replayed it twice. (Could be me just being bad.)
03:17:571 (1) - Spinner?
03:34:780 (1) - (Optional) Remove spinner and put notes here. There is a increase in intensity, which is gradually, so a spinner fits most
05:13:501 (1,1) - ^^
Thanks!!
No reply=fix
Pretty Rhythm
From PM massage

[general]

you can add "飯田友子(CV name), Taku Inoue(composer), THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS STARLIGHT STAGE, アイドルマスターシンデレラガールズスターライトステージ, デレステ.

[DARKNESS]
well, I can't understand about your diff want to say what... but it is ok.. maybe

check your Aimod. it said many note and kiai's end has unsnapped.

00:15:245 (1) - hard to read
00:38:036 (1) - slider'e end is not maching with music I think. you can reduce slider speed or add more slider.
02:13:850 (1) - how about this? http://puu.sh/r7wV2/537c668629.jpg
02:46:407 (3,4,5) - I think it need increase slider speed.
02:59:431 (1) - spin is not good choice... you can add slider on here
03:16:176 (4) - make 1.7 DS like before 3 slider
03:49:664 (1) - how about make slider's end on 03:50:129 - here?
04:46:757 (2,3,4,5,6) - too far and hard to read

sorry for useless mod
Grrum
Hi. Here from my queue. I don't expect kudosu for this.

One of the new guidelines for the new ruleset says this:

Desperate-kun wrote:

Difficulty should be appropriately expressed to represent the intensities of different sections in the music. More complex/denser rhythms and more complex/quicker movements should be appropriately used to produce feedback through difficulty.
I believe this map goes against this guideline to the point that it should not be ranked, and I believe this claim is self-evident given the map. The pacing is all over the place and it's a real struggle to answer the question “who is the target audience?” As such, I'm not going to give the regular kind of “improve design/flow/rhythm here” type mod unless this issue is fixed.

I'm not sure what kind of feedback you're looking for, so if you have any specific questions I'd be happy to give you my opinion or test those things for you.
Topic Starter
Bara-
Pinata, you do know that guideline is just a proposal, and not yet amended. And besides, it's a guideline, not a rule
Everything makes sense, looking at the songs pitch, and intensity in background music

I'll reply to the mods later
Grrum
Sorry for being blunt. It came off as a lot more rude than I wanted to. Let me explain how I feel about it.

04:46:175 (3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) – This section of the map is extremely challenging since it uses very high spaced ¼ rhythms. The player needs a high level of skill in order to be expected to come close to play it. This means that the target audience has to have somewhere around this level of skill. If this is not the target audience, then this section needs to be significantly nerfed.

Now compare this to first kiai at 01:40:827 (1) - . This kiai takes a heck of a lot less skill to play. I'd expect that the assumed target audience finds these to be quite low intensity. They don't offer nearly enough challenge for these players, and so the kiai is lacking a level of intensity for fun play.

Even in more restful places like 02:40:827 (1) - , you drop the SV, note density, and spacing so low that this is offering minimal play experience to the player. For the target audience, there are stronger rhythms that offer more interaction with the music and the osu objects that still feel restful enough to convey the low energy in the song.

The above can be summarized by saying that the pacing of the map does not create a fun experience for any target audience. The beginning is too weak for experienced players and 04:46:175 (3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) – is too strong for less skilled players. Take a look at the graph produced by modding assistant. This huge spike in the intensity of the map shows an inconsistency in your interpretation of the music's intensity.

I don't disagree with how you grouped different sections. Your intent behind the changes in intensity make sense at every step. What I'm disagreeing with is the extent to how far these differences are between the sections.

The guideline suggested above by D-kun is an attempt to describe 'quality.' Pacing is a crucial aspect of every map, and I believe the above guideline was introduced to basically say 'maps should have good pacing.' Whether this guideline is ultimately accepted or not, it doesn't change the fact that pacing can be an issue for a map, as I believe it is for this one.

All this is of course subjective, but I'd be pretty surprised if this issue doesn't get pointed out in the future. Anyway, I apologize for the harsh way I put it before. Good luck with the map wherever you go with it.

Edit: Formatting
DeRandom Otaku
i will drop my mod after u apply the previous ones =w=/
Shiv
rank when
Topic Starter
Bara-

Lolicore_Komari wrote:

From PM massage

[general]

you can add "飯田友子(CV name), Taku Inoue(composer), THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS STARLIGHT STAGE, アイドルマスターシンデレラガールズスターライトステージ, デレステ.

[DARKNESS]
well, I can't understand about your diff want to say what... but it is ok.. maybe

check your Aimod. it said many note and kiai's end has unsnapped.

00:15:245 (1) - hard to read It's intended
00:38:036 (1) - slider'e end is not maching with music I think. you can reduce slider speed or add more slider. Sliderends don't matter
02:13:850 (1) - how about this? http://puu.sh/r7wV2/537c668629.jpg
02:46:407 (3,4,5) - I think it need increase slider speed.
02:59:431 (1) - spin is not good choice... you can add slider on here The intensity is gradually changing, a spinner fits such sound best
03:16:176 (4) - make 1.7 DS like before 3 slider
03:49:664 (1) - how about make slider's end on 03:50:129 - here?
04:46:757 (2,3,4,5,6) - too far and hard to read

sorry for useless mod
Thanks! No reply means fixed

I remapped
04:21:292-04:34:315 - Due to copy pasta
04:36:175-04:43:152 - Removed 1/8
04:45:478-04:49:199 - ^^
04:51:059-04:56:640 - Drastiaclly lowered SV, and made it more playable (and correctly snapped)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.