forum

Discussion 36: What sort of medals would you like to see?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mafumafu
MAPPING
MODDING
Sieg
for silence count and something like veteran criminal for people who survived restricted mode 😅
Caput Mortuum
SS count, first place count, SH/SSH count, Last place in a map, silence count, post count, 666 combo, total hours, miss count, beatmap count, ranked beatmap count, dq'd beatmap medal, etc
Lacrimosa
I would also like to see medals rewarded to organizers of well hosted a.k.a. officially supported events/tournaments by the osu! staff. I know this is not related to Hush-Hush medals, but I though this could be a chance to bring up this subject, since the organizers of such events put a lot of work and effort into it, and they get nothing in return. A medal/achievement would be more than enough, simply to give a little recognition for their effort. In addition, I think this would also encourage people to organize more events, which is something really positive for our community.

Sieg wrote:

for silence count and something like veteran criminal for people who survived restricted mode 😅
This would actually encourage people to get silenced, which is not good. But I assume you are joking. :P
Ender Lain
Maybe:
- 10, 25, 50 times of Retry/Failed in a maps
- got D rank and not FC @ Taiko and CTB mode
- 100, 400, 500, 1000 times appear on top 50 global ranking maps

. . . . i think that's all
Johnny Gotti
1 for top 1,000, top 500, 100, 50, 10 each. If they lose their rank, let them keep the achievement.
DeletedUser_6709840

Sieg wrote:

I laughed.
Seijiro
Well... we have mod introduction medals, which is cool, but what about mod master medals?
What I had in mind was something like... <n> top scores with HD gives you the HD master medal and such. Obviously, it would need an actual skill so just doing a bunch of 1* won't be enough.
Possible option would be to get an FC on each star rating as the current skill medals (mod + skill medals, basically), but it may be impossible to get some of them, even for the osu!gods.

Another idea I had in mind was about specific users medals. Recently a medal for 11t got added so I thought that maybe some other worthy users can get a specific medal like that: few examples I can think of right now is "play all Andrea/osuplayer111's maps" medal (or in general any mapper with a quite big library of mapped sets, like DJPop and such) or let's just pick someone from the hall of fame and make riddles on them.

While writing this I also thought about something like "country" medals. Basically, it would require playing at least x maps of a certain nationality.
While they aren't much it can still work well for some countries.
If we put together more of these medals we can get an "All around the world" medal even. Idk if it is possible to detect such details from the beatmap id tho.
Grim Rapper
a medal for achieving such unbelievable performance with "astounding" accuracy will be nice (read: MingAcc)

and medal when you're doing certain things in multiplayer is nice too (like when you're doing this for example XD)

also, you can add some very complicated medal that the only way to achieve it, you must FC certain song (or difficulty) in order to unlock the medal (just like an easter egg)

more than that, you can add some silly medal that can only be achieved by change your name to certain names (presumably some video games character reference, not some famoos player :/)

Addition: progressive medal about Total Hits (from rohulk's video)
DeletedUser_7520443
ik there are medals for reaching certain ranks, but i would like if there were medals for individual modes because i'm easily getting the reach 50k one by just playing a few hours on ctb when i was hoping to reach it when playing std :c
TheLordKiwi
Why not adding medals about precision.Exemple:
-Having an unstable rate under 75
-FC a map with more 100s than 300s on a map ( hi MinG3012 :) )
Then, why not some about spinning.Exemple
-Having a max rpm above 400
-Winning 20000 score with spinners bonus
Medals about mapping like some says (first beatmap ranked,...)
Medals about pp like some says too (50pp+ play, 2000pp in total,...)
More medals about beatmaps packs like Stefan says
CornSoda
So as most of you know, lots of people make levels and they get rated, but theres no reward apart from seeing the rankings, so I was thinking, how about a achievement for reciveing a ranked/approved level? This is really just a suggestion, I know I wont get it but for those who put so much time into a level and got a ranking and bragging rights and that's it, they should have a achievement to show it. :lol:

This got took from the game support page, but I suppose most mods are gonna say "this is the same as ___'s post! delete!"
I just want to support the fact I want a achievement for 1 ranked and approved map, and no more.
Remyria

Grim Rapper wrote:

some silly medal that can only be achieved by change your name to certain names (presumably some video games character reference, not some famoos player :/)
That will never happen. A changename costs money, it's stupid to add achievements you have to pay for.
_DT3

CornSoda wrote:

So as most of you know, lots of people make levels and they get rated, but theres no reward apart from seeing the rankings, so I was thinking, how about a achievement for reciveing a ranked/approved level? This is really just a suggestion, I know I wont get it but for those who put so much time into a level and got a ranking and bragging rights and that's it, they should have a achievement to show it. :lol:

This got took from the game support page, but I suppose most mods are gonna say "this is the same as ___'s post! delete!"
I just want to support the fact I want a achievement for 1 ranked and approved map, and no more.
The problem with this though people then just strive to make ranked maps without actually wanting to contribute to the community
Also, there are things like 'Elite Mapper' titles for people who can map well (winning contests) so there isn't really a reason to do that (although I would like it ;) )
abraker
So what becomes of this thread?
t/107625/
Jellyblob
x
Caput Mortuum

abraker wrote:

So what becomes of this thread?
t/107625/
ded

This one has ephemeral though so go here
Infinitstart

Capuccino wrote:

I think we need a special medal for whoever can FC NOMA - Brain Power
I absolutely agree with you! And called the `O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA`medal or the `nervous` medal :) :) :)
Edgar_Figaro
I would really love to see some of the existing achievements divided by mode. I think I already posted this in the general achievements request thread but as it seems like this has replaced that I’ll instead go and post it here.

Make top 50k, Top 10k, Top 5k, and Top 1k achievements separated by gamemode
Make achievement for getting top 1k in 2, 3, & 4 modes
Make combo achievements for Taiko, CTB, and Mania
Make 4th dedication achievement that actually takes a while for Taiko, CTB, & Mania (I actually got the final dedication for most of these modes prior to hitting 5k needed for jack of all trades, meanwhile Standard needs 10x of jack of all trades requirement to complete)
Pankaka
baras
Miterosan
* Start osu! with a speacial parameter, e.g. --hushhush
* Circumvent the chat filter by using leet e.g kappa -> k4pp4
* Play a map with a with the old slidertype
Sinsinchi
I am really hoping for a 9 star pass medal and a 9 star FC. I feel like it would raise the passing standards even further and I would be really hyped to earn it
Orofil
A medal for getting 100 000 000 score in one play (i don't know if that exists already)
koemada

Infinitstart wrote:

Capuccino wrote:

I think we need a special medal for whoever can FC NOMA - Brain Power
I absolutely agree with you! And called the `O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA`medal or the `nervous` medal :) :) :)

yes
iimlg_pro
These are mostly medals for people who like to put time into the game

-Get only the same combo as the star level (ways to get it is say like your playing on a 5 star map and you get a combo of 5. then you just slider break or miss a note to restart the combo. If you slider break or miss when you have a combo under or over 5 then you have to try to get the medal again).

-A special medal for being #1 (country or world)

-(I don't know if this medal already exists) A medal for a specific amount of hours played (like if you are new you could get a medal for 1 hour or a day and for more experienced players about 100 hours to 500).

-There could be a new map every week that is hidden and not specified by the creators whitch map it is and if you find it and complete it then you get the medal for the week.

These are all i can think off right now and I'm doing this in class so yeah...I've only played this game for 3 months or something so I'm not that experienced.
TheKingHenry
Since this has gotten necroed sorta anyways, might as well put here what I thought about one day;
Basically, all medals as far as I'm concerned are related to gameplay or playing osu! be it progression or gimmicks, whatever. But how about some medals/achievements for the mapping side of things? Like medals for submitting and ranking maps, modding, getting kudosu, putting objects in the editor, whatever. And it's always possible to put some gimmicky ones to that side of things as well ;) Similarly to how playing achievements can help push player towards some goals or just make him play and find something he normally wouldn't, mapping-related ones could be the small encouragement that could get someone to venture into editor or amuse the veterans. And all in-between.
This was some real #showerthoughts level of thing lol

EDIT: also is it just me, or is Monstrata's Aspire map lacking achievement unlike the other 2? Well, could use more of these one specific map focused achievements anyways imo (like the few we have) since they usually lead you to some cool maps you might've not even known about

EDITEDIT: actually reading the thread woulda told me this has been suggested like multiple times already, with atleast MrSergio voicing my concerns about this as well lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
cinnabar real

Zozimoto wrote:

Medals Based On PP, For Example: Reach 450 PP. Reach 1000 PP. Or Get 20 PP+ From A Map. Get 50+ PP From A Map.
no, this will SUPER DUPER FAVORITISE pp players
adipbg
maksudnya apa?
Aiseca
I have a few in mind:

1.)Medal Name: Rise Against All Odds.
Requirements: clearing a 6*+ map with all mods on (teehee).[HR, PF, DT or NC, HD AND FL]

or

2.)Medal Name: Fast,and Quite Flashy
Requirements: clearing a song with 190 BPM+ with FL+HR on.
vividheo
a ss medal where you have to ss or ss+ 50 maps then 100 then 500
- Sphinx -
@Aiseca +1
meiqth
When will the 9* Pass/FC medals be added? Im' hoping for them soon since all gamemodes have a ranked 9*.

Sorry for bumping old topics :|
[Nii-san]
Add 10* Pass medal